Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / .x files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 00:01
Hello all, I have recently bought a terrain editing software known as CyberMotion. It allows you to save the terrain you make as an .x file. I know FPSC calls for them files only. However when I put it into the prefab directory or any other directory I can seem to put it in the game. So I even made a BMP image for it. Still I could not find it and put it in the game. Even though I see the folder for it. Can anyone help?

"Through knowledge I gain power, through power I gain enemy's"
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 16:16
you need to create an .fpe file with the name you want, just look at an .fpe for another object and make the necessary changes.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 22:59
nope the .fpe file didnt work. So I tried to use a .FPS and that did not work either. I will post a snapshot of what kind of error I am getting with the .FPS Now I can actually see the thing but when I click on it... well it freaks out Here is the code I am using in the .fps file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 16:14
Quote: "meshname0 = meshbank\scifi\scenery\windows\Project_h.x"

Did you make sure that this is the directory and file name? also, I don't think that it should be a segment, but an entity (like a box).
.fps means first person segment, .fpe means first person entity.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 23:01
Yup, made sure it was the directory, copied and pasted. I made it an entity this time. Took a .fpe and edited it. I will post the error I get this time. Here is the code for the .fpe

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Why not just download Make Entities From X (from the official website for FPS Creator X9) and make a basic entity with that?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 20:31
Well I already paid for this software and it would be a waste to buy another one. I also use DX10. I find it strange that they don't really tell you how to truly import a .x file. If its saved as a .x then is should be able to be used. This .x file I am using is just a simple terrain no sky no particle effects nothing like that. I do not see why I am crashing. It's actually getting on my nerves XD.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 08:15
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=111796&b=21

Use this program to create your entity.... it will resave the .x file so it works with FPSC X10...

sometime .x files do that not sure why.... but running it threw entity work shop seem to fix them up..

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 03:29
Quote: "http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=111796&b=21

Use this program to create your entity.... it will resave the .x file so it works with FPSC X10...

sometime .x files do that not sure why.... but running it threw entity work shop seem to fix them up.."

Aww man thank you, I will try it out. So this program will just re-save the .x file into a usable .x file? Thank a bunch!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 03:33
LOL!!! good lord my .x file made the program crash as well. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 19:47:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 19:47:14