Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / No textures appear

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 21:28
I have tried Google sketch-up, MAX, and blender. to export a "x" model and that went fine. But when I make a model for FPSC there are no textures when the game starts. In the map editor all of the textures and colors are there just not in the actual game itself. I have tried both the entity maker and manually typing and fpe file. In the attached pic you can see the textures but when you build game or run test it is nothing more than a gray color box. This is only happening on custom content so I know I am doing something wrong but I cannot figure out what. Appreciate your help in advance.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2009 23:38
Did you try your object in dynamic mode ? This seems to solve many texture problems

http://image.fps-files.com/images/64xt_apollo_pic_Resize.png[/img]
Bigsnake's Nazi Zombies
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Please post your images in JPG or JPEG.

This would appear to be from the tutorial on the forums here (I see your texture is empty). correct?

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 00:47
Wow! you guys respond quick. Most forums could take days to get anything back, I am impressed. Sorry about the bmp I'll remember that for the future. well I made a simple cube exported it into 3ds format, opened it in sketch-up, and in the ocfpsguide.pdf (I found here in the forums), one of the tutorials is "making a multi-textured object using sketch-up" and it says to take the exported mesh and images from sketch-up, stick them in the user entitybank folder together, copy a fpe file and change the parameters. In this it says to specifically leave the texture line blank. His worked mine did not. I did this over and over and never got it to work. I will try this in dynamic mode now also.

Attachments

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 00:55
okay, dynamic did not make any difference. Here is a screen shot of it in the editor and in the test game.

Attachments

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 05:11
Quote: ""making a multi-textured object using sketch-up""

AFAIK, multi-textured entities don't work in x10, your textures all need to be in one file and the .fpe needs to direct to that file.

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you will need to have a UV map added on to the model I am sure you can find ways to do this if not check out my site (the Web button).

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2009 22:44
I am getting very similar problems. When I save the model as a .x file I do not texture it in the program I make it in. So by default it is all white. So I uploaded to Entity workshop and textured it there with the grass texture x10 has in the ww2 section. Well I make sure the .fpe is set to the same texture to. This is what I get. Note that this is 2 different landscape models. one going through Entity workshop the other just trying to bloody texture.

"Through knowledge I gain power, through power I gain enemy's"

Attachments

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 00:30
Okay I got the model with a uv map on it. Does it need to be in a particular format for fps x10 to recognize it? It still turns out gray. also does the image need to be in the texturebank folder or the entitybank folder.
Thanks again guys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 22:36:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 22:36:39