Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / New orchestral soundtrack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2009 22:04 Edited at: 27th Oct 2009 22:07
Hi,

I just finished uploading a new orchestral song onto my soundclick page, i wanted to a soundtrack-like song, something that sounded rather epic but i don't think i quite got that right sound.

It's at http://www.Soundclick.com/Peacemaker and it's called Orchestral 09. I'd really like to hear what you guys think

anyhoo, i'll be cleaning up my soundclick page in the next few days, so if there's anyone that would like to use some of the older songs on that page, download them now because they might not be there the next time you check

Agent Joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2009 22:17 Edited at: 28th Oct 2009 22:23
The over all construction sounds good to me. I might make a remix version for the game forum, that is, if you don't mind? It'll be credited to you.

Try things that you normally wouldn't... you might find the answer.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you mean you'll edit the song? or do you want a .midi to remix? both are fine to me as long as you give credit, share it with others and tell people it's not the original, just let me know wich one it is so i can send you the midi file if you want it

Ardek Music
Years of Service
User Offline
Check out mine on

http://www.myspace.com/ardekmusic

"Around", "The Chase" and "development"

http://www.myspace.com/ardekmusic
Agent Joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 16:28
I don't need any midi's or anything. I'm gonna use the track that you posted.

Try things that you normally wouldn't... you might find the answer.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ardek Music: This is not an appropriate method of promoting your music, please post your stuff like this in your own threads next time

Agent Joe: Ok, cool

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 18:09
Sounds quite well and indeed "soundtrack-like". The orchestral sounds are a bit synthy though, and I find the bass notes a bit blurry at places, but that might just be my failed woofer setup
Also, and note now that I'm a guy that's probably more into the melody than the average, I find that the song builds up a pretty good tension; this is all good, but I for one (and this is just my opinion in this case, and not really general "here's how music works" comments), would find it twice as good if you brought in a really epic theme at the end, preferably played by the trombone with wet but loud backing strings.

Others than that, good mix of synthetic and orchestral sounds.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 22:19
fancy.

The soundtrack one is VERY epic. Do like.

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
It does feel synthetic but sounds quite fantastic in my opinion.

may I ask which tools have been used in your tracks.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2009 19:10 Edited at: 17th Nov 2009 19:12
Thanks for commenting everyone

NGXmusical, for this song i used AutoGun for the synth in the beginning. Autogun comes free with flstudio, it's a stripped down version of ogun. It's a bunch of presets that's fun to browse when nothing else works.

I also used my good old East West Symphonic Orchestra Silver, and Stormdrum SD1 samples for the drums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 19:06:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 19:06:46