Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Lag issues...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, my computer is great, a perfect computer for gaming, but I have problems in my game that I am making. When I look certain ways, the game really lags and almost freezes, just at certain parts of my game. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Please help, I can't test my game like this, nor can I give it to other people to play it if this happens.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 01:24
are you looking where there is alot of data to produce ?

Also make sure your motherboard is dual or quad core

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 01:55 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 01:56
Answer these three questions please:

How big are your levels?

How many dynamic objects do you have?

How many (if any) dynamic lights do you have?

An excess in any of those three can cause lag on any system.

slayer1918
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 03:33 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 03:33
okay...

I have 0 dynamic lights

Not sure about dynamic objects (probably 30-40)

My level is a little bigger than half the area you
are able to build in (but one time I made a map full size with many enemies and it played fine, I used my friends computer at the time but his is only 10% faster than mine)

Okay, and how do I change my motherboard?
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
it could be a leak where if your segment or wall entity somehow is not solid the computer will then calculate everything in the entire build area.
i found this out with the dungeon pack as soon as i got to a certain doorway area it froze to one frame a year, and i have quad core etc windows score of 7.0. so i got around this by encasing the faulty area with good solid segments, so the level is the same but in construction mode you create a bubble around the area.

also do you have xdriver 10.1 and update v109. both rely on each other try these before spending on a motherboard. plus you prob need 8800 series graphics card just go to top of the forum it gives the specs there.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
slayer1918
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, so where do I get all that or make sure I have it?
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 02:11
Quote: "probably 30-40"

That is your problem. Dynamic entities take a lot on the engine. I would recommend reducing it by at least half, just make them static. (unless they're enemies). Start with the small objects and gradually get larger until you can run it well.

slayer1918
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I will try that, but what is really so different from static and dynamic objects? I sorta understand but need a better explaination.
slayer1918
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 04:07 Edited at: 31st Oct 2009 04:30
oh yeh, one more thing, my charcters for some reason don't have any weapon in their hands anymore. This does not go for all of them some still have weapons, but most are shooting with no weapon. Can this be solved the same way or what else can I do?

Extra- Well, I tried changing a lot of my dynamic objects to static and I still had lag in the same places just as bad, and all those objects were no longer on the map. What can i do?
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 06:16
Quote: "oh yeh, one more thing, my charcters for some reason don't have any weapon in their hands anymore. This does not go for all of them some still have weapons, but most are shooting with no weapon. Can this be solved the same way or what else can I do?

Extra- Well, I tried changing a lot of my dynamic objects to static and I still had lag in the same places just as bad, and all those objects were no longer on the map. What can i do?"

I'm not sure. I've never encountered a problem like yours before

slayer1918
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I will finish that level, build the game and then see what happens to it. I don't know if that will help but its worth a try. I can also give the file to one of you guys and maybe if you see it you might figure out whats wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 21:41:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 21:41:18