Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Making selfstanding CD?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I make a CD of a XPS x10 game I have made, that I can give to someone who don't have XPS x10, and my game will work?
Which files shall I burn to the CD?
Does this cd only work with Vista?
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 03:12
Quote: "Can I make a CD of a XPS x10 game I have made, that I can give to someone who don't have XPS x10, and my game will work?"

Yes , fpsc is making a stand alone exe that no longer needs any support from fpsc.

Quote: "Which files shall I burn to the CD?"

Go to - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables and copy the folder of the game name

What do you mean ?

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 06:10
Quote: "Can I make a CD of a XPS x10 game I have made, that I can give to someone who don't have XPS x10, and my game will work?
Which files shall I burn to the CD?
Does this cd only work with Vista?"

1. I'm not sure about this, but I've heard that FPSC games won't work off a cd. However, you could put an installer on a cd that would install it on the computer. I'm not sure if that would work either. If you search the regular FPSC boards there are several threads that ask this already.

2.Bigsnake explained this.

3. Yes, it would only work on a computer with vista or windows 7 that has the minimum requirements to run FPSC x10.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2009 18:15
Quote: "Go to - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\x10 executables and copy the folder of the game name"

Wrong, this will only burn it onto a CD, not make it playable FROM the CD. FPSC has issues with reading files from removable volumes in both V1 and X10. To get it to 'run' from a CD like a commercial game you would need to program your own menu that looks for a registry entry to see whether the game is installed or not, and then handle it accordingly... Or to simply be able to install it from a CD make a setup from that folder Bigsnake mentioned(I recommend using Inno Setup with ISTool, which are free and pretty advanced), then burn that Setup file onto the CD with an Autorun file pointing towards the setup.

EDP Map Editor[2D]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 19:28:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 19:28:20