Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPS Creator X10, X10, X10 Question!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have FPS Creator X10 installed on my computer:
- AMD Phenom II X4 945 (3,01 GHz)
- 6 GB RAM
- 100GB Free disk space
- ATI Radeon HD4800
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Installed Direct X10
I run FPS Creator and all is good i like it until i go "test game", from here i need to wait 30min, 1 hour for a level that has one or two rooms but thats not all i also cant play its realy slow and graphics are ugly its like directx 6 i really like this software but i cant work with it... thx!
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 04:57
This would be better in the X10 section...?

But, go here to see the requirements. I don't think your graphics card is compatible.

Welcome to the forums, by the way

PWP

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 15:18
For building, how many dynamic lights, characters, dynamic objects do you have? All of that affects the build.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
FeRtoll_
Years of Service
User Offline
PW Productions:
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series - 100% Compatible
Windows 7 64 bit - Recommended

budokaiman:
1) i dont build i test the game! (it builds but its not like publishing its just a debug)
2) no lights, 10 windows, 5 doors, 10x10x3 prefarb thats all, closed roof and all and automatic flor

Help me!
FeRtoll_
Years of Service
User Offline
ehh i just found out that a windows update installed directx 11 a month ago could it be problem for my game graphics and running... i look other games created with fpscx10 and here "http://www.fpscreatorx10.com" but my games are not even close my games are like "Doom 1 or quake 1"
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 22:17
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2009 23:57
Quote: " i dont build i test the game! (it builds but its not like publishing its just a debug)"

This still requires it to build the map, calculate the light, create physics, etc...
Go to task manager, in processes, make sure that there isn't anything useless running, because I know that my computer runs something that takes up most of the CPU, I can't play any games until I end it.

FeRtoll_
Years of Service
User Offline
Nickydude:
nm sorry for asking help

budokaiman:
Quote: "This still requires it to build the map, calculate the light, create physics, etc..."

yes i know!

Quote: "Go to task manager, in processes, make sure that there isn't anything useless running, because I know that my computer runs something that takes up most of the CPU, I can't play any games until I end it."

not noob at this field
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 22:06
Which update for x10 do you have? Make sure that you install direct x10.1 before installing v1.09.

The reason your games don't look like the ones on the website is because you don't have any lights. X10 needs lights to calculate the normal and specular maps. Most WW2 segments won't have them, but sci-fi ones should.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2009 23:28
Quote: "from here i need to wait 30min, 1 hour for a level that has one or two rooms"

Quote: "not noob at this field"

I'm not saying you are, but you are asking us why your game takes a long time to build, and your specs are fine. That kind of makes this a guessing game, so I am just telling you some problems that I have encountered.

FeRtoll_
Years of Service
User Offline
Coach Shogun 20:
thanks on response, my english is poor could u please explain me batter sorry

FPS Creator version = X10 thats all its says in "about"
PFS Creator.exe version = 1.0.0.1
DirectX= DirectX 11 thats all it says in dxdiag

budokaiman:
i understand thx for trying to help! sorry on my stupid quick reactions!

its nice little software and i like using it but since i have model packs 1-12 some of enteties doesnt work they are gone or they are without textures and so big i have no will place them then wait 1 hour to se if its ok and then edit again and then again wait 1 hour.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 23:21
Quote: "[quote]ATI Readon HD 4800 "
I don't think your graphics card is compatible[/quote]

dude I have an ATI readon HD 4870 and it works beautiful

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 23:26
Quote: "i understand thx for trying to help! sorry on my stupid quick reactions! "

It's alright
Quote: "Coach Shogun 20:
thanks on response, my english is poor could u please explain me batter sorry "

You need to put lights into your level. The shaders will not be used properly if there are no lights. This is because the shaders are calculated based on the lights that hit the object. You should also install Direct X10.1, even though you have Direct X11.

FeRtoll_
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It's alright"

Quote: "You need to put lights into your level. The shaders will not be used properly if there are no lights. This is because the shaders are calculated based on the lights that hit the object."

you trying to say that it will work faster and batter if i but lights??? batter than if i dontt put lights?

Quote: "You should also install Direct X10.1, even though you have Direct X11."

i have x10.1 but windows updated it to 11

thx on response!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 21:10:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 21:10:23