Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC x10 mod discussion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 00:22
Heya I wanted to start a discussion on mod's for FPSC x10. As we all already no there isn't any mod's out for x10. However lee announced that he would release the source code which is making the x10 community happy. I myself purchased x10 and came to realize that it is very limited.

As stated many times before "After the out of the box WOW effect, it's actually very limiting" This is kinda true. The x10 has no mod's to use, so we have not gotten any where near as far as some people have in x9. Now the question I want to ask is more so towards the people who create mods for x9 (creator of blue/green mod, fenix mod, air mod ect.) When the source code is released, will the programmers of these mods make anything for FPSC x10. People would say "well of coarse" but I have heard many people say they don't care about x10 at all.

In a way I see a additional money making opportunity here. This is because of supply vs demand. The x10 community has been trying to get this code for the longest because at this point we have no where to go. I think personally if the creators of these mods were to make a FPSCx10 Mod (like blue mod integrated with all the other mods I heard about) you could charge a little more than you do with x9. I think I speak for everyone in the x10 community when I say I would kill for a mod like that for x10. So instead of charging lets say 5$ like for x9 charge like 10$ for an x10 compatible mod.

I had heard that no one would be creating any mods for x10 because of the migration. In a way that is kinda sad.

"I haz no sig :o"
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2010 09:59
I would probaly have a shot at a mod at x10 even if the migration is out, I really think that the water needs some more controls and maybe the shadows should be a little better (Static and Dynamic )

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 13:53
The sad news is is that FPSC X10 runs on DBP X10, which is only for internal use within TGC at this point in time, and Lee has informed us that there WON'T be a DBP X10 for the consumers.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 16:41
Quote: "The sad news is is that FPSC X10 runs on DBP X10, which is only for internal use within TGC at this point in time, and Lee has informed us that there WON'T be a DBP X10 for the consumers."

Evil

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 23:11
Oh wonderful

"I haz no sig :o"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 06:04:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 06:04:37