Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Why won't entity's go up stairs?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 04:39
I am experiencing a weird bug. Possibly because of something wrong with collision. My entity's wont go up a stair well. They won't go up ramps either. I also heard they won't walk on platforms. Also the ventilation shaft in x10 seems to be bugged as well. It shows up when you spawn but when you get inside it makes everything disappear and while you walking in it, it only shows one block at a time. Are these bugs going to be fixed with the new update?

"I haz no sig :o"
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 12:42
Quote: "My entity's wont go up a stair well. They won't go up ramps either"

I don't think that AI have the ability to go up and down layers

Quote: "I also heard they won't walk on platforms"

I think I read from lee that you need to put a invisible floor due to collision problems

Quote: "Also the ventilation shaft in x10 seems to be bugged as well"

Same here, not sure wth that problem is

I think that lee may want to put a 'set current camera' command in for that though cause I experienced a familiar problem with my x9 mod, if you wernt underwater everything flickers so 1 minute its invisible and 1 min its visible

http://image.fps-files.com/images/42SIG.jpg[/img]
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 15:56
You can get Dark AI characters to walk up and down stairs but only if they are neutral.

You can get AI characters not using Dark AI to walk up and down stairs by using X9 scripts e.g. 'follow.fpi'.

I've created some scenarios where enemies appear on the level above and jump down to your level with careful planning.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 04:20
Quote: "You can get Dark AI characters to walk up and down stairs but only if they are neutral.

You can get AI characters not using Dark AI to walk up and down stairs by using X9 scripts e.g. 'follow.fpi'.

I've created some scenarios where enemies appear on the level above and jump down to your level with careful planning"

lol wtf? I paid for the advanced AI. That's absolute bs that your supposedly advanced super dark AI characters can't walk up a flight of stairs. What did I pay all this money for? what did any of us pay so much for? Honestly that is pathetic. I am actually thinking about switching over to x9 now, better updates and the mods make it so much better, AI lack but honestly I am only paying 30.00. Instead of the 70 I paid for water, oh and dark AI that can't go up a flight of stairs unless neutral LOL!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 19:22
Considering which version to FPSC to use, then one should consider that Characeter AI and behaviours as well as issues with platforms, paths and ducts and other issues too are largely problematical throughout. Long standing issues or new ones they derive their inheritance from the past, those unresolved and by and large, though perhaps not exclusively, always having existed.

There is no reason to suspect that this will change in forthcoming developments of either currently existing versions or those of newer versions of FPSC apparently in various stages of development.

What one may consider might seem to be a relatively simple request for a fix to an issue or a feature, take physics and Ladders for instance may well never be realised as becoming a reality in any version as they may not be seen as of any priority to the developer though may well be to the users. There are often conflicting opinions between what TGC and users might think.

Users want to have the best tools to make the best games they possibly can. The developers may long for that too but their desires are tempered by overiding commercial constraints. Given that its no contest.

Unlikely that some major issues or features may ever get updated or fixed.

You may have to make do best you can with what you have or are given in the near future to say the least. With FPSC and many other TGC products being constantly under development and TGC having finite resources, instabilities, issues, bugs and the consequent requests for fixes to features, issues or updates are likely to abound in plenty ongoing well into the future.

At the moment Characters in X9 you should be able to get going up and down stairs but as these versions develop who knows what will improve or not.

As always what will happen when future versions are released one wont know until thats a reality, which could be a considerable amount of time. In the mean time you are stuck with utilising whats available until you become stuck with what you have it replaced with.

Not much choice other than to make the most of it or not.

250 seamless textures : http://www.umedia.co.uk
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2010 20:55
heh very true uman, I know there isn't any such thing as perfect AI. I always knew that but I just don't like how TCG advertises some of their stuff. For instance in the trailer for x10 they only talked about the windows the water the AI and how good it was and have massive battles and so forth. When in reality when your running away your enemy gets stuck on a stair case. I actually find it amusing. Your right though, what can you really do? I suppose I will wait until they fix it.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
friendly ai will follow you up and down stairs.
just use waypoints when you use the follow command key
they will follow you . you dont need to set to follow it works with dark ai script,
i dont know if anyone else has the same prob as me or if it is a bug,
but ai commands dont work when i have caps lock on ?.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 00:16
It probably just registers the small letters instead of the ones in caps.It would be two different values for each key.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2010 02:35
Quote: "just use waypoints when you use the follow command key"

What do you mean? you can use way points while you have your AI follow you?

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
the new beta fixed the caps lock key problem.

check out the new beta for list of updates
working good for me. more updates and fixes planed for next week.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 12:57:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 12:57:17