Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / **The Offical Fenix Mod Manual & Guide**

Author
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 02:19
Quote: "Canalyst makes good use of it. Especially because of the performance boost."

The performance is MEDIUM boost because of hockey changed the sync rate max to 40 is not good for me or other people Maybe
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The performance is MEDIUM boost because of hockey changed the sync rate max to 40 is not good for me or other people Maybe"

This is not a manual question.. Please keep this thread free of these type of comments. Thanks..
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "because of hockey changed the sync rate max to 40 is not good for me or other people Maybe"

Yes but changing it to higher means slower performance for lower end computers, which why improve performance if its not going to work well with low end computers?

But as Scene Commander said:

Quote: "This is not a manual question.. Please keep this thread free of these type of comments. Thanks.."

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scene Commander, There was no real purpose to the script, I wrote that script just to test out some of the features of Horror Mod. When I take out the rpg_entitytimerstart and rpg_entitytimergreater, the script works, but it doesn't work with them in it.

Hope This Helps
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Scene Commander, There was no real purpose to the script, I wrote that script just to test out some of the features of Horror Mod. When I take out the rpg_entitytimerstart and rpg_entitytimergreater, the script works, but it doesn't work with them in it."

Ok, I'll have a look again.. It might not be today as I'm a little busy this weekend but I will try.
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure, thanks

Hope This Helps
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@zeza

Sorry, this has taken so long. I am also having issues with the rpg_entitytimers. I shall post this as a possibel bug along with a number of other issues I have encountered while testing scripts for the manual.
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
K, glad its not just me

Hope This Helps
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 16:23 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2010 16:25
Quote: "Sorry, this has taken so long. I am also having issues with the rpg_entitytimers. I shall post this as a possibel bug along with a number of other issues I have encountered while testing scripts for the manual."

Just to let you know, I had some problems with the integration of RPG Mod with Fenix Mod, myself. That is why I decided not to support RPG Mod within Fenix Mod. I did not have time to support both my stand-alone mod and the rpg mod integrated code along with code I am not even familiar with. rpg_entitytimer works fine in the stand-alone. I use it a lot. It is possible some code might have been accidentally deleted in the process of adding more mods to this one. I just wouldn't know.

I'm in the process of writing an extensive How To section in the documentation manual as well as update the command usage within the manual. However, there are many new commands and a couple of new features that are not incorporated within fenix mod. So that might make it confusing to some who try out something that is not in Fenix Mod.

I had suggested to Hockeykid that it might be best to not use RPG Mod as I had found some bugs (entity timer was not one of them, however) that have been fixed in the stand-alone. I also suggested this because the amount of people who want to use Fenix mod really don't care much about the RPG aspects. If they did then they would not care so much about all of this graphics modifications stuff. I still feel as I always have that these can be two separate mods. They are worlds apart as far as gaming goes. I, myself, can't see taking on the task of integrating so many mods into own. What a headache.

I'm not dissing the mod. It colud be the greatest once all the bugs are out of it. I'm just expressing my thoughts from my perspective.

I'm sorry that I can't support it within Fenix mod but that's what I have to do (actually not do).

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 16:34
In 3rd person, enemies don't shoot me, because it acts like I am really the character I am playing as. Like the male civilian.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Flatlander.

I completely understand how you wouldn't want to assist, It would be too difficult for you given you don't fully understand the Fenix mod code.

I'm glad that you're carrying on with RPG mod as a standalone and am looking forward to seeing what changes you've made.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 23:36
Is there a way to setup a running animation, anotherwards a different one than the walking, that way there will be two movement animations?

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 16:28
In 3rd person, I need an enemy to shoot the player and you lose health. Is it possible?

Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 16:52
Quote: "In 3rd person, I need an enemy to shoot the player and you lose health. Is it possible?"

YES!!

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 17:21
I mean to shoot the character and he loses health!

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@zeza and anyone having issues with RPG mod. Sorry, I should have spotted this earlier. To ensure that the RPG mod works correctly you need to have the following attached .FPI files in your FPSC files folder. I had accidentally deleted them from mine and hadn't noticed. So I've been trying to solve a bug that didn't exisit!

rpg_setup.fpi
rpg_clues_setup.fpi
rpg_text_setup.fpi

These files can be edited to suit your needs but must be included in the files folder for the RPG elements of the mod to work.

These files were written by Flatlander so any scripting credit goes to him.

I now have RPG mod working more or less perfectly.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 15:47
No need of credit on the setup files. These are examples and will more than likely be changed by you as you setup your own rpg game.

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 22:53
Oh, I fixed it now. I'm stupid.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 01:02
I am having a little trouble with the player legs script.Do I place it in the appear script spot of the main script spot in the character because the name of the script and the one in the manual say two different things. I tried both but my person does not have the legs of that character. They are on always active too.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 11:29 Edited at: 9th Feb 2010 21:01
Quote: "I am having a little trouble with the player legs script.Do I place it in the appear script spot of the main script spot in the character"

Place the dynamic character somewhere on the map, the player legs script in the appear script and leave the characters entities main script blanks

You may find using these legs http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164405&b=24 give good results, otherwise you'll need to edit your character model.

I hope that helps.

*EDIT* 9/2/2010
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Manual updated, mainly with a few RPG mod examples and some clearer instructions on using that element.

The manual is now in a .rar file as it includes the necessary RPG start up files. Please read the section on RPG mod carefully before posting problems and most can be solved by following the instructions.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Little update today.

This has little to do with Fenix mod as a whole, but I've added a section of all new commands added to FPSC by TGC since V1, although many of these have been documented in the past, I don't think any of them are included in the main manual that comes with FPSC. I hope this is a useful addition.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
From the Fenix Mod thread, answered here as it's a coding question..

Quote: "Still Very Lost on a few things could you please help me on

Putting Water in the game.

Having Dynamic Shadows because so far I haven't seen any type of shadow what so ever no matter what I do. "

There is currently no water in Fenix Mod.

There are no Dynamic shadows at present, your only current option is to use the internal system.. To activate edit to read Dynamicshadows=1 in your setup.ini
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 20:12 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 23:33
Quote: "To ensure that the RPG mod works correctly you need to have the following attached .FPI files in your FPSC files folder. I had accidentally deleted them from mine and hadn't noticed. So I've been trying to solve a bug that didn't exisit!
"

That should be packed with the Fenix mod, but maybe it already is. I got mine not from the Fenix site but here:
http://fps-media.mk-tek.com/?option=content&task=view&id=54
Don't know if they included it, i do know i unpacked my Fenix back up copy and packing them now with the rpg files. And thnx!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 22:04
Quote: "Don't know if they inluded it, i do know i unpacked my Fenix back up copy and packing them now with the rpg files. And thnx!"

We have the three files in the zip. Just checked to make sure and they are there

Cheers

Mike

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I brought up an idea in one of the wip post about going from third and first pov by pressing a certain button. Before I start writing a script for it, can't you turn the useaschar on and off? Or do I need to just move the cam ahead of the character? I looked through the commands and those were what I thought would make it possible although I did see people said it was a hard script to do.

ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 23:38 Edited at: 15th Feb 2010 00:51
starmind 001, i asked the same question (more or less: "possible to change form 1st to 3rd person on the fly?")in the official Fenix thread, Errent AI replied with:
Quote: "Possible but tricky if weapons are involved. You can have the event script (associated with a triggerzone or whatever) activate the body entity and have the entity destroy itself when activated. You should be able to spawn a new body to go back to third person when desired. The trick thing is if you have weapons because you will need to either have no player weapon or invisible player weapons when in 3rd person and normal weapons when in first person view (otherwise you would have a FPP gun and TP character at the same time). It's not a problem to give/take/reset weapons but having continuity with ammo count could be very difficult or impossible. If it's part of your story progression and not totally on-the-fly (user toggle) it should be manageable with effort.
"

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 23:57
This is great.

@Shadowtroid,

Press "F" to turn the flashlight on.

Evillions
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded the Fenix Mod, but after opening the ZIP file. I found no manual or guide, is it supposed to be like that or its an outdated file?
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 00:41
Question: Is it possible to have it so when the player presses a key, like G, the gun switches to its secondary mode like its grenade launcher (im refering to model pack 9 sopmod weapons) and when the player presses g again it switches back to rifle.

i have tried and i cant seem to have it work. Can someone help me or am i stuck with the 1 and 2 keys to operate it?

thank you.

Limitless Box studios current project: Lost Contact
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 10:54 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2010 10:55
@defiler,

You'll need to refer to the Airmod section for the altfire commands. Note that these are gunspec commands and are not added as scripts. Alternative weapons fire uses the gun key to swap between fire modes, so if your gun was set to key 1, pressing 1 will toggle between normal and alternative fire for the weapon.

altflak = X – Name of flak to use for alternate fire. Note: This currently is the same as “flak
= X” and is only provided for compatibility with Stock FPSC at this time
alternateisflak = X – If X is 1, the weapon’s alternate fire is the defined flak.
alternateisray = X – If X is 1, the weapon’s alternate fire uses raycasting (bullets).
altreloadqty = X – The number of rounds per clip for alternate fire.
altiterate = X – The number of bullets that should be shot if alternateisray = 1.
altrange = X – The range of the bullets if alternateisray = 1.
altaccuracy = X – The accuracy of the bullets if alternateisray = 1.
altdamage = X – The damage of the bullets if alternateisray = 1.
altmuzzleflash = X – The muzzleflash ID for alternate fire (like muzzeflash = X )
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Scene Commander, I talked briefly to defiler on chat before he posted here but he didn't word his question too well...

The grenade mode switch he is inquiring about is not for AirMod alt-fire but rather with MP9/10 M203. He is wanting to know how he can hotkey [G] to switch weapons (fake mode-toggle). I had thought the switchweapon command might be what he needed to use but I didn't have the first hand experience with it to say for sure or to tell him how to use it properly. Looking at the description for it:

switchweapon=x -switches the weapon to the slot specified by x

It looks slot based. Is that true? is x=weaponpathname or x=slotnumber?

Can you shed some light on what our options are?
Milkshape 3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I am having trouble with the third person view of the fenix mod.

I want to know how i can get the character to shoot, without having the gun behind the character. I want the character to be holding the gun and shooting at the enemies.

Also i am having trouble getting the character in 3rd person view to crouch. You can't see the character crouch. It switches to first person view when it crouches.

Could you please help,

Would be greatly appreciated.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 14:58 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2010 18:07
Hi EAI,

I've had a think about this, firstly switchweapon works on the slot. But because the weapon has to be in a slot for it to work, pressing the shortcut weapon key for the slot would also select the weapon, so in effect say the launcher was applied to slot 2, pressing 2 or G would select the launcher.

Because of this, my suggestion (using the M203 as an example) would be to have a pick up for the M203 rifle and an invisible pick up for the M203 launcher, activated when the rifle is collected. So assuming that the rifle is in slot 1 and the launcher is in slot 2 pressing 1 would enter rifle mode and pressing 2 would enter launcher mode, giving the illusion of a toggle mode. I hope that's clear and would have the advantage of working in all versions of FPSC, modded or otherwise.

I've attached a weapon pick up script and a sample fpm, anyone testing will need model pack 10 to see it in action.

*EDIT* I haven't updated the fpm, but for best results I've added a trigger zone on my own map over the rifle which spans the launcher in it's position.

@milkshape 3d - To the best of my knowledge third person currently does not support player characters holding weapons

Attachments

Hador
User Banned
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 05:08
what does the addzombie comand do? as in how do the zombies act?

[link]devboxportal.co.cc[/link]
See This!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 14:39
i try the flashlight on fenix mod, but dont know why the screen turn to dark when the player close to the wall.. please see my test images. Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

Attachments

See This!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 14:44
why flashlight on fenix mod turn to black/dark when the player close to the wall?? how to fix this? help me..

Attachments

BeauPratten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 11:03
ummm I don't know why, but I can't use it. Whenever I try to test my game it comes up with this.

I suppose that this is where I'm supposed to put some witty one liner. Well...sorry to disappoint.

Attachments

Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 18:46
Well, to me, it looks like you have FPS Creator 1.15 please install 1.16, it may work. However, I have the same problem for 1.16. Any help? :3
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 01:23 Edited at: 12th Jun 2010 02:47
Quote: "i try the flashlight on fenix mod, but dont know why the screen turn to dark when the player close to the wall.. please see my test images. Can anyone help me how to solve this problem? "
Exactly the same problem I have with the fenix flashlight.

EDIT I also cant'use the "mouseclick" condition properly. I used

mouseclick=2
mouseclick=1 2
mouseclick=2 1

to have a script scheck if the right mouse bottun has been clicked but the script ignores if I click or even stay on the button....

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
BeauPratten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 15:19
I've got 2 questions

1) with the player legs is it possible to have them animate to walk, crouch and jump?
and
2) can you make the loading screen a video like the menus? I know this is possible in airmod.
Thanks

I suppose that this is where I'm supposed to put some witty one liner. Well...sorry to disappoint.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 22:00:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 22:00:22