Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / wierd shadow/reflection problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 11:28
whenever i test game my segments go all weird and dont reflect the in game lights but somehow create there own half oval 'tiled' lights, which is very annoying.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 12:36
also it turns yellow with the stock scifi segments...

[/href]
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 15:11
Update FPSC, and update your display drivers.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 09:45
i think my gfx card has fried...

[/href]
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 22:39
Quote: "i think my gfx card has fried..."

Yea thats not good lol.

"I haz no sig :o"
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 23:42
Quote: "i think my gfx card has fried..."

You wouldn't be here talking to us if it fried cause it will be smoking and nothing would be displaying on screen

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 23:55
Quote: "You wouldn't be here talking to us if it fried cause it will be smoking and nothing would be displaying on screen"

Or, he could be on a different computer.

Logo by The Next
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 00:35
Not true at all, a graphics card is simply like a plug in play technology, a computer can run without one. Take a processor out and then he would not be talking. If he was using a chip set (not likely he is in the x10 forum) he would still be able to boot up dos ect.. GPU's are not required.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 01:14
Last night, I uninstalled my drivers to update them. My compy still worked. Yea, I did the manual way of uninstalling and installing the new ones

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 02:53
Quote: "Not true at all, a graphics card is simply like a plug in play technology, a computer can run without one"

No cause you wouldn't have anything to display the picture on screen. Thats basicly what the graphics card is for, then they started adding features that supported Directx and other renders like D3D or OpenGL.You do get on-board graphics cards that you can enable in the bios but you need to be able to see what your doing to be able to access the bios (Unless your an ultimate geek and have the bios screen memorized off by heart)

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 04:54
Quote: "No cause you wouldn't have anything to display the picture on screen. Thats basicly what the graphics card is for, then they started adding features that supported Directx and other renders like D3D or OpenGL.You do get on-board graphics cards that you can enable in the bios but you need to be able to see what your doing to be able to access the bios (Unless your an ultimate geek and have the bios screen memorized off by heart)
"

You still do not need a graphical processing unit, take the first game ever made for example. pong. The computer that ran it did not have a GPU at all, take the computers that used tubes as ways of inserting code, they also had very small screens, but not a GPU. A graphical processing unit is simply used today to run more advanced 3d applications. Lets say I run an intel motherboard, almost all motherboards have an analog display, which means they can see what they are doing (not chipset) but I don't have any GPU, I can still see what I am doing but depending on your screen resolution it may lag.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 04:58
Yeah but pong used an oscilloscope if I recall correctly Whole different type of technology

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 05:26
No, you absolutely do not need a graphics card to make a PC run. My 12-year-old compy(not the one I run X10 on ) has no gfx card and can run 3D games like Spiderman, THPS2, Velocity X, etc. <-Ignore that all of those are kids games. I was in love with them when I was younger.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 17:44
Yes, a PC can run without a Graphics card but it wont display a picture. Every single mother board ever made has a graphics card implanted that will kick in if you don't have a graphics card in the machine or if you turn it on in the bios

Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 10:43
Quote: "
No cause you wouldn't have anything to display the picture on screen. Thats basicly what the graphics card is for, then they started adding features that supported Directx and other renders like D3D or OpenGL.You do get on-board graphics cards that you can enable in the bios but you need to be able to see what your doing to be able to access the bios (Unless your an ultimate geek and have the bios screen memorized off by heart)"

actually my comp worked fine without one, windows doesnt need graphics cards...

[/href]
Alex45
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont know.sorry

LOLLER!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 05:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 05:27:30