Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The future of gaming is in fpsc x10

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 18:33 Edited at: 25th Jan 2010 18:34
ok, so this is my true thoughts on where gaming is heading and why!

So I went to buy a new pc at walmart,walmart not being the only place to get a new pc its the only place where the prices are just low anoupg to go there.

I looked at every single pc and all there specs, every single pc there had only direct x 10 card already installed on them. most varried from each other on the speacks but this made me think. what fpsc should i use?

If every single pc had a directx 10 card then the future for gaming is for shure x10. but then I came to the realisiom of most all the cards in the pcs where not compatiple for direct x 10 version of fpsc. but if one was going to upgrade the real only option would be direct x 10. so still, my reasons went towered fpsc x10. but there are alot of mods for x9 to bring them to look like x10 but its still not the same. x10 look better in every single way but still has alot of problems. to where x9 has verry little ones.

so my conclustion? fpsc is the best for looks, but being that x9 has hardly any problems I should use this right? well no. I belive that if fpsc version 10 has problem then soon they will fix thease problems just as they did x9. so I should realy wait for this to happen. what do you all think, why am i asking? becouse I never thought they would push direct x 10 so fast so soon.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 21:24
They are even now pushing direct x11. This is only because the programming is a lot better, allows game developers to create more realistic environments and consume much less resources. I purchased an ATI radeon 5870. No problems with FPSC x10. Yes there are bugs, hopefully they will get fixed, the x9 users are supposed to get a copy of the migration, I believe the x10 users are as well. The future of gaming is yes, the newest of the new. Direct x10/11. The reason for so many good looking mods is because of the source code that has been released. If and when lee releases the source code for x10 then you will see many mods. The beauty behind it? the x10 engine can handle the Corvus mod shaders and beauty because direct x10 is more powerful. Where as x9 people would complain about their performance. The mods for x10 are endless and can be a a ton more powerful. So we will just sit back and wait for the bugs to be ironed out.

"I haz no sig :o"
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 15:22
The future of gaming might be in X10 / X11 but not for FPSC.

360 / PS3 both use X9, its still considered next gen and the graphics capabilities in FPSC X9 are greater than X10.

Video cards will continue to improve and support the latest versions of directx but the majority of game developers still believe there is plenty of mileage in X9.
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not quite sure I understand the bit about the cards not supporting FPSC X10. If they're dx10 graphics cards then X10 should work with them

Quote: "so my conclustion? fpsc is the best for looks, but being that x9 has hardly any problems I should use this right? well no. I belive that if fpsc version 10 has problem then soon they will fix thease problems just as they did x9. so I should realy wait for this to happen. what do you all think, why am i asking? becouse I never thought they would push direct x 10 so fast so soon."

In another case this line of reasoning would be correct, however in this case you'll probably be disappointed. X10 had the same problems for well over a year before they got fixed and even then there were still lots of problems; don't expect the problems fixed any time soon. Maybe the migration will magically solve everything but it's been coming for so long a lot of people are losing interest to fancier engines...

As far as FPSC X10 goes, the problem is if you're willing to do the work it'd take to make your game look great (and take full advantage of X10), if you're that passionate about it, you'll probably find yourself wishing for other features, like the ones that are always being brought up in feature creep. In which case the only solution really is to go for another engine but nobody wants to do that do they?

Not to mention, if you look at the actual x10-only features most commonly used in X10, it leaves you wondering why it ONLY works with dx10 gpus. Normal and specular maps make the meat of the visual shine in FPSC X10 yet they've been around for ages and mods have shown that they work perfectly fine in X9. The volumetric particles might be dx10-only but can't be modified or customized so I don't count them as a feature. Bloom and water refraction/reflection has also been around for a long time and doesn't require dx10. Parallax mapping (dunno about parallax relief mapping which is what X10 has) has been done for a while too on dx9. So what does X10 actually have going for it that makes it HAVE to have dx10? Only thing I can think of might be the GPU instancing and I'm doubtful of even that...

As for mods for X10, well if the source code was released it might give X10 the much needed revival...but there still hasn't been any mention about it or the fabled DarkBasic X10 (at least I haven't hear about it) so I wouldn't hold my breath...

Unity Engine 2.6 is now available for FREE
http://www.unity3d.com
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jan 2010 00:09
well I do use dark basic pro, but I do own x10 and fpsc, but the reason I posted this is becouse I am thinking on building A game in x10 soon, I was really thinking fpsc but most mods have real huge problems as at the momment and I love the way x10 looks, but building in the editor is real slow and drags as my pc has all the right specks so I really cant be bothered with slow level desing. in x9 the editor is real fast. we will see, I guess we will see.

greysword
Years of Service
User Offline
@normal soul
will it be a FPS x11?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 20:35
Quote: "will it be a FPS x11?"

Direct X11 will never be commercialized. X10 was commercialized, and generated a huge hype before release. Then it was released, and few companies actually bothered to take advantage of the technology. The future of gaming doesn't exist in Direct X, but in hardware, and graphical capabilities that companies will or will not choose to use.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 21:28
Really the future of game is in Directx 11. It's no necessary create textures or something. Have a 60% more performance than x10. Tesselation, instancing, double poligons is not possible on x9. But for now not exist a graphics card with x11 from Nvida ONLY Ati 5750+

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 22:25:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 22:25:10