Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 00:37
In the Ai documentation it has a note about this under the demo section. It pretty much says to position the physics object to the ai then move the ai to the physics. You just can't have them bolth as the same object. I did this and it works fine... Xept occasionally they will flash back and forth between two seperate point's, move around a little bit until they are back together. It is almost as if there are two of the same object floating around. I have tryed and tryed but have found no solution to fixing this.

If you have an answer to this or perhaps just an idea please tell me... try it make two objects one an ai entity the other a physics object. In your do loop get locations for bolth objects, then place them. Make sure you place the physics object to the Ai's position first then place the ai to the physics object right after.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 01:21
its can be done, the wording on how to do could be better.

if you have an object which is under control with Physx then do the following in order.

1. Ai update.
2. get new phy positions for x y z of moved object
3. phy update.

if the above does not work, there is a thread on this but where it is I can't it find yet.

here it is link

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 05:20
Im not entirly sure what you mean. Are you talking about a single object with ai and phy or two objects?

When you say "Get new phy postions for xyz of moved object" do you mean the ai object? And do you mean get the values or place the object at those cords?

This is in my do loop.

There are two objects one with ai attributes the other with physics.

It works but not perfectly. Meaning the two's cord's will seperate and they will bolth flash back and forth between them. The object's them selfs won't seperate, it is kinda hard to explain so please check it out. Make two different colored spheres or somthing.

Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 05:54
Any ways I eliminated the physics object and just used sparky's collisioning to check if there is something under him and gave him some fo falling physics. all in all it will run faster and smoother then mixing physics and ai.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:46:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:46:02