Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Odd Blox!!

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 20:45 Edited at: 11th Apr 2010 20:46
Aah... tough luck in that case

sorry...

Quote: "Also, I think it might be a little easier and better if there was point and click menu."

...and again. I spent ages on the menu and even my five year old son can use it...

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 23:34 Edited at: 12th Apr 2010 00:49
One of the things that confuse me the most is that its hard for me to exit out of it... I don't see an exit out of thing on the main menu or on the pause screen like it doesn't need a model or anything you can use the door as an exit screen.

Plus, is it alright if you put this in the game; Bonuses for how high the blocks are, If its stacked neatly in a tower, and how many blocks you can fit in the small circle. Along with a challenge such as you must build the highlighted building in this amount of seconds.

I was also confused at how the blocks stack, for one I think that it would be good if the blocks would stack a bit better such as it overlaps a little bit and I want to figure out a way to raise it, it always finds a way to fly off...

I noticed you had them in the video but I press h for help and it did not have those controls?

Also, config.bbf is unable for me to read, I just can't figure out some way to bump up the graphics...

For those of you that are confused with getting the errors with the drivers and stuff. Why not include the installer of the drivers along with direct x 9.0c for them after the install the game. Saying " Direct x 9 and blank drivers are needed, would you like to install them?" Because someone could not have it along with direct x9 downloaded. I get why it sends me to the site if I don't have the driver, but it glitches the game, it's both confusing and annoying

But I did have a little fun with it

I CALL THIS PIECE OF ARTWORK :Thee SCADOUCH

Quote: " @ baxslash
I don't think that's what TheZachadoodle wants, I think he needs something so he feels good about playing a game. (Like a nice big ending screen and some pretty effects... xD)"

LOLZ

Quote: " ...and again. I spent ages on the menu and even my five year old son can use it..."

MY GOD HE MUST BE A GENIUS!!!

My bad he won 10 billion and one noble prizes xD

----|I_/-.. Mhmyess....
----|o_\-*
http://www.formspring.me/TheZachadoodle
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 10:59
Quote: "One of the things that confuse me the most is that its hard for me to exit out of it... I don't see an exit out of thing on the main menu or on the pause screen like it doesn't need a model or anything you can use the door as an exit screen."

If you press 'Escape' it should bring up some text saying "Exit y/n". I thought escapekey was a fairly common way to exit games so you don't have to put a big EXIT button on every menu screen?

Quote: "Bonuses for how high the blocks are"

I see what you mean about bonuses like this as you go along. I think they would be a great addition. I'll try to squeeze some in!

Quote: "I was also confused at how the blocks stack, for one I think that it would be good if the blocks would stack a bit better such as it overlaps a little bit and I want to figure out a way to raise it, it always finds a way to fly off..."

You can raise blocks using "CTRL+UPKEY", I thought this was in the help (I'll check and put it in (thanks again).

Quote: "Also, config.bbf is unable for me to read, I just can't figure out some way to bump up the graphics..."

You should be able to open it with Notepad as it is just a simple text file... did you check whether the file was 'read only'? Just right click on the file and choose properties to find out. If it is highlighted as 'read only' then just uncheck the tickbox.

Quote: "For those of you that are confused with getting the errors with the drivers and stuff. Why not include the installer of the drivers along with direct x 9.0c for them after the install the game. Saying " Direct x 9 and blank drivers are needed, would you like to install them?" Because someone could not have it along with direct x9 downloaded. I get why it sends me to the site if I don't have the driver, but it glitches the game, it's both confusing and annoying"

This is a good idea to add to the installer, I'll give it a go!

Quote: "Thee SCADOUCH"

Nice!

Quote: "MY GOD HE MUST BE A GENIUS!!!"

That is one possible way of looking at it...

P.S.
Nobel- Swedish chemist remembered for his invention of dynamite and for the bequest that created the Nobel prizes (1833-1896)

Noble- Of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as derived from feudal times

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 02:34 Edited at: 13th Apr 2010 03:14
Quote: "If you press 'Escape' it should bring up some text saying "Exit y/n". I thought escapekey was a fairly common way to exit games so you don't have to put a big EXIT button on every menu screen?"

I know but, it would be a bit obvious if there was.. you could have both like it goes to the door and below it says press escape to exit and you could also click on the door or press enter to exit. Also the pop up I think didn't show up...

Thee Scadouch!

Quote: "Quote: "Thee SCADOUCH"
Nice!

Quote: "MY GOD HE MUST BE A GENIUS!!!"
That is one possible way of looking at it...

P.S.
Nobel- Swedish chemist remembered for his invention of dynamite and for the bequest that created the Nobel prizes (1833-1896)

Noble- Of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as derived from feudal times

"

LOLz

Man these posts are funny

You is cool...

LOLZ

and I hope you do well on updating the game

----|I_/-.. Mhmyess....
----|o_\-*
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 10:48
I hope it meets your satisfaction... genuinely this help is really needed and I love the banter too!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 18:35
Added to V1.02 (release soon):
Exit hints in 'Help' and 'Pause' screen
Checked that Exit works correctly!
Installer will now install DirectX 9.0c on install
Optional version of installer checks for correct version of PhysX and installs if not present (50Mb bigger download...)

In progress for V1.02:
In game bonuses such as extra points for height/number of blocks in zone; quicker insert timer; block selector; Pre-fabs
In game handicaps such as minus points for blocks out of zone; slower timer already exists for blocks out of zone; random block deletion
New construction & destruction tools (ideas very welcome!)

Mew151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 02:26
I have an idea for a destruction tool!
Projectiles that break into pieces after contact! (Or just firing, say, four cubes together at the same speed so it looks like one projectile.)

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 10:39
Quote: "Projectiles that break into pieces after contact!"

Great idea, like a cluster bomb! Maybe you could throw a random handfull of blocks?

Mew151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 16:15
How about a button that initiates an earthquake? That way, you can destroy large creations in a second!

Or a nuke that makes the screen go white for a moment. It would be a combination of an earthquake and a giant bomb.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 16:36
Quote: "How about a button that initiates an earthquake?"

That could be fun

Quote: "Or a nuke that makes the screen go white for a moment. It would be a combination of an earthquake and a giant bomb."

Again, good idea. Maybe I'll use this one and have the physics go into slow motion with some visual effects... I like the idea of mass destruction!!

Consider the nuke idea done!

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How about a button that initiates an earthquake? That way, you can destroy large creations in a second!"

Better yet as an enemy that will bug later on in the hard levels Muhhahahahaha !!!!

----|I_/-.. Mhmyess....
----|o_\-*
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 11:07
Quote: "Better yet as an enemy that will bug later on in the hard levels Muhhahahahaha !!!!"

That would be annoying if you just built a massive tower and then suddenly there was a three second 'Nuke' warning!! Nice.

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 02:03 Edited at: 17th Apr 2010 02:16
What happened...

This is the graphics problem

I noticed that you put q as the exit button? Buts a bit hard to know, its like having to get stuck inside a traffic jam and the only way out is to scream at the F-14 going by...

I played the game more and its really fun!

Quote: " That would be annoying if you just built a massive tower and then suddenly there was a three second 'Nuke' warning!! Nice."

Then there will be evil robots and lazars HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ha!

and better yet since its a room how about a dog going nom nom nom on the blocks out of nowhere MUHAHAHAHAHA AHHHHHHA!!!

----|I_/-.. Mhmyess....
----|o_\-*
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 09:26
Quote: "This is the graphics problem"

Shame I can't read the error on your screen... the image is no help. Could you re-post a closer view?

Nice wallpaper BTW!

Quote: "I noticed that you put q as the exit button?"

You can also use 'escape' now but 'Q' has been a quit button in games and applications for about 20 years now, catch up dude!

Quote: "Then there will be evil robots and lazars"

I'll put the robot back in actually, could be fun!

Quote: "how about a dog going nom nom nom on the blocks out of nowhere"

I might have a dog model in DarkMatter but I'm not sure...

ANNOUNCEMENT: The next release will be V1.1 in the next few weeks and will include a re-vamped look (i just bought the Bonanza pack for £30 and it includes DarkShader). The 'Toon' look will be much nicer and cleaner (First tests looking good and screenshots to follow soon) as will 'Bloom'! Some other effects may be added for block selection etc. too! Also some of the latest fixes/additions will be added.

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 18:57 Edited at: 17th Apr 2010 19:10

Here's the graphics error message from the config.bbf file

Quote: " Q' has been a quit button"

Perhaps it still should be in Help and in the main menu for obvious reasons. Trust me I did not know...

Quote: "Nice wallpaper BTW! "

Yeah my bro gets things from something awful or 4chan (He did not look at the lustful things there... Instead he look at the funny things )

Btw I sent you an email

----|I_/-.. Mhmyess....
----|o_\-*
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 21:05
Quote: "Here's the graphics error message from the config.bbf file"

OK, well I guess I might have a solution for this too then... maybe.

Quote: "Perhaps it still should be in Help and in the main menu for obvious reasons"

Consider it done!

R3B0RN
Years of Service
User Offline
A little error while placing bolts

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "how about a dog going nom nom nom on the blocks out of nowhere"
I might have a dog model in DarkMatter but I'm not sure..."

Yup. There's a dog model in DarkMatter. I remember spending bloody ages working with that model trying to set up some absolutely perfect collision vectors for it...good times. :{

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:35:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:35:46