Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Why my fps creator x10 not like this

Author
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 21:18 Edited at: 8th Feb 2010 21:19
Hey well I have Fps Creator x10 and NOT like in this screenshot, and I HAVEN'T depth of field, dynamic shadows, motion blur, REAL fresnel Water, Instancing, and others things. So.. ITS a JOKE? or something, sincerely is very disappointing because of this.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 21:27
X10 only has a few of the features that were originally promised in that tech demo. It does have dynamic shadows, unfortunately they're difficult to see, and can only be seen when you get close to the object. X10 does have instancing, also. Instancing is not a visual upgrade, it is in the hardware. If you have multiples of the same object, the GPU will render the same object once, to multiple positions, and can contain slightly different features on each, instead of the CPU rendering all of the objects separately.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 21:30
The instancing from x10 is not "FINISH" from TGC I have 9800gtx+ and others games work exelent.

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 21:43
basically, its a joke. X10 was a brief hype which has died down because the best graphics games have all used X9

I love Cheese; It Fills Me With Glees,
My Tastebuds it please; oh yes, i love cheese.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 21:58
Quote: "died down because the best graphics games have all used X9"

Not true. X10 has died, because great graphics aren't what people really want in a game. Graphics do amaze people, but what people really want in a game, is a good story, and fun, innovative gameplay. People can't get these from FPSC X10, because the only thing that it introduced was new visuals, while X9 is open source, allowing people to create modifications, which greatly improve what people can create with the engine.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 23:04
most good graphics games are done with X9 though, crysis to start, then all the others

I love Cheese; It Fills Me With Glees,
My Tastebuds it please; oh yes, i love cheese.
Solid chrome
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 13:05
Looks like false advertising(again) to me.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 21:15
Personaly i'm dissapointed that the lights don't show up in the editor like they did in the screenshot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 01:18:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 01:18:51