Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Question about Windows 7 and slow performance.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I've got a notebook with Windows 7 (32-bit).

I have DirectX 11 (came with windows), Pentium Dual Core 2,10Ghz, 180 Gb free on my HDD and 4 GB of ram.
My

My graphics card is named Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. It has 1,3GB of video ram.

The problem occurs when I use FPS Creator X10. When I execute it and edit my levels it works perfectly, but when I test the level I suffer from slow frame rates. Is it a problem with my set up? If so how can I fix it so that I runs smoothly?

Thanks in advance.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 01:55
Quote: "My graphics card is named Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family"

That's the problem. That is a chipset, not a graphics card, it won't properly render X10 shaders and entities as it should, producing lag. Because it is a chipset, you can't replace it either, so you would need to get a new motherboard with a compatible GPU, processor, etc... (If you're using a desktop not laptop).

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah budokaiman is absolutely right. You will NEVER get acceptable performance with an integrated graphics chip like the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset, regardless of operating system. It's just not up to the task - you'll need dedicated graphics whether you're using a laptop or desktop.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 15:26:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 15:26:50