Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / x10 mod anyone up for it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
quote from lee,

For those of you still suffering a few niggles after V110, or want to see more development on X10, then I am pleased to say that I am warming to the idea of packaging up the entire development kit for FPS Creator X10 and releasing it to anyone who would like to try their hand at modding. The kit would naturally include the special DirectX 10 variant of DBP, the V110 source code and any supporting materials to get you up and running. The kit won't be for the faint hearted, but I think there will be a few users out there with the right stuff to knock out some very cool extras. If you think that is you, check out the last newsletter on how to get set up in GoogleCODE and TortoiseSVN as these will be your keys into the wonderful world of X10 modding. As a footnote, I just want to add that this is not confirmed, I just wanted to give you a glimpse into one possible future.

If anyone is experienced in SVN (Subversion), DBP coding and uses FPSC X10, and would like to help me make a stronger X10, please email lee@thegamecreators.com. I might have something for you.
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2010 16:27
well really the thread its in the forum x10^^, but well the dbpro x10 and the source code sure is really cool

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2010 17:43
I really can't see anyone taking this up unfortunately.

The hardcore gamers will now be looking to adopt directx11 which games are already starting to use and the FPSC community have chosen X9 over X10 as have most of the game industry.

X10 just wasn't enough of a step up to generate the kind of support required for people to do what your asking here. It takes a while for mods just to port their code between each new version of X9 let alone integrate something like airmod into X10.

Its far more likely anyone getting access to the X10 code will use this where possible to migrate those features e.g. ragdoll into X9!

Ironic isn't it.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 05:35
Nomad Soul: What in the WORLD was that all about

I would probably take a shot at it

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 05:46
I may be proved wrong but I don't think we will see anywhere near the same amount of mod support for X10 as we have for X9.

It doesn't make sense to focus on a mod which a fraction of the community are actually going to use.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 08:00
I agree with Normad Soul.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 14:39 Edited at: 20th Feb 2010 18:51
Quote: "I really can't see anyone taking this up unfortunately."

I was going to wait a while to post this, but I contacted Lee. He said that after V1.10 is finalized he will send me the X10 kit.
Quote: "Its far more likely anyone getting access to the X10 code will use this where possible to migrate those features e.g. ragdoll into X9!"

Actually when I get it, I plan on adding the soft particles and fixing the soft shadows so that X10 users will at least get what was promised to them in the tech demo. After those are added I have a few other features that I plan to add, and I will build it from there. I plan to keep it for X10 and not make a migration because X10 users have gone a long time with simply X9 and bonus features after paying much more for X10 than X9. X10 users deserve some good features to make X10 worth the extra money, and this is what I plan on giving the X10 community.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 19:58 Edited at: 21st Feb 2010 01:41
@budokaiman
i will be looking forward to your updates
or even mod.
with x9 migration not been what people was expecting
i am sure a lot will move over to x10.
i still have every beta release of x10 dont know if
there is anything usefull in there or even if it can be used
it depends on lee and what is and is not allowed to with the
development kit he will release,
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 20:47
budokaiman, if you can get all the tech demo stuff working, i'd be willing to pay up to $15 for that

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 21:55
heck, I would be willing to pay 30$

"I haz no sig :o"
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 22:30 Edited at: 20th Feb 2010 23:00
I'll let you guys know what's going on as things unravel.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 13:19
If you can provide the projected character shadows shown in the tech demo that would be worth a mod by itself.

Be warned though Lee said it was taken out because there were 'unwanted' visual artifacts when the shadows were cast on vertical geometry.

See if you can clip them to stay on the floor but still be projected and visible from a greater distance. That would be a massive improvement over what we have right now.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 00:58
Yes, it would be cool.

But could you make only 1 thread for this?

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 06:21
Love the idea!!!!!
Go for it!!!
I'll support

Cool Stephen
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 10:11 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2010 23:01
Love the idea too, this certainly has my support

Don't quite agree with you on all your points Nomad, but I do agree that it probably won't have as much mod support as X9...mainly because of the fact that you have to have Vista/7 and a directx 10 gpu.

Now...if someone made a mod that unlocked FPSC X10 (so to speak) so that it didn't require Vista/7 and a directx 10 gpu to run (lower-end systems could simply not support certain features), FPSC X10 + mod might win over most of the X9 crowd, especially if the mod is free. Something like Airmod or the others that become like the backbone for other mods. This might be the jumpstart X10 needs to stay alive, should the migration lack some of the X10 features..

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/Sanky_Panky/Gabriel%20Acosta%20Unity%20FPS/?albumview=slideshow
My Unity FPS WIP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 10:11:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 10:11:54