Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Walls are not showing up.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 22:04
Hey guys, I normally don't like posting about stupid problems like this, but I seem to have no idea whats going on. In the editor my walls are showing up fine (no white) but in test game its like they are transparent but are actually there, you can even shoot them. Also in areana test game, my hud isn't showing up, nor is the cross hair. I have posted a screen. If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated. I find it weird cause the floors are in the same pack and they show up 0_0

"I haz no sig :o"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
um what version is that check for updates
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 13:24
There was a mipmap issue where segments degraded at distance but I don't think they disappear completely.

In any case ensure you have upgraded to the latest version (v110 beta 5) for maximum compatibility / bug fixes.

Hey that grass segment looks awesome, wheres it from?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 19:20
Yea I am using the beta 5 version 1.10, I have no idea whats going on. That grass segment is from cosmic prophets country time.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 21:44
I'm sure I mentioned this in my tutorial: if the texture is a .TGA, copy it and make it a .DDS. That should fix it .

-SSG

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 23:29
Quote: "I'm sure I mentioned this in my tutorial: if the texture is a .TGA, copy it and make it a .DDS. That should fix it "

Yea it's .tga I don't have a converter to .tga to .dds or can I just retype it to .dds? lol (which usually does not work) I have never messed with tga or dds

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 23:35
Download Paint.net, then open the image with that, simply do "Save As" and save it as a .dds and you should be good.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 17:52
Quote: "Download Paint.net, then open the image with that, simply do "Save As" and save it as a .dds and you should be good.
"

Alright thanks comrade, I am only faced with one other problem that you could have possibly seen in the picture. There is no HUD or cross hair for the m16 no HUD for Health or air. Also when you scope in there is no scope either, do I have to configure all that in the build game? I am not sure whats going on :/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 04:48:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 04:48:08