Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Water level changes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 18:22
hi all currently using x10 just wondering if the water level can be changed between levels as some levels in my game are gonna take place where there is no water.

any help would be great. I searched for water but found no answer.

Also can you hide the HUD in x10? im sure someone said in a post you could.

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
yes there are 2 ways to do this

on the play testing screen when testing your level, you press tab and a large hud full of options happen one is water level you raise it to the level you want on for that level and save it and when building game it should be automatic to what was set. and the same for each level, you set each level individually.

the other option is through trigger zones and scripting which is simple once you grasped the basics of soundzones triggerzones etc. there are specific scripts for raising and lowering water levels this can change the water levels in that level when walking on a trigger zone.

hope this helps

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 19:28
thanks science boy ive been using the tab function alot just wanted to make sure if i saved each level at certain heights that it wouldnt revert down the line :p

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:17
I know that when it comes to changing water through scripts, people have not known had to do this, so if you want you can find scripts for changing the water level here:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\scriptbank\effects

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:44
budo is right, you may have to play with the script some later, like me I messed up my default .fpi's and now I am backing up everything for a fresh re-install.

"I haz no sig :o"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:56:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:56:47