Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Screen stutters while editing, testing and even built games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 02:21
Yes, I have read through and searched the boards. Yes, there are several posts on this subject. No, none of them seem to suffer from all of the maladies I am seeing.

I just got X10 today. Everything stutters and freezes. The level editor is unusable. Using the simple level included, testing levels and building levels both suffer from stuttering and freezing for seconds at a time. There is also no sound in test or final builds. Even with all graphics settings turned all the way down the games are unplayable. FPS jump from 250 to 14fps. Everything looks perfect and all AI characters can move all over as long as I do not move at all.

I've tried the latest video drivers, rolling back to a previous version and the newest beta drivers. All other drivers for my system are up to date. No change.

I've removed the software and reinstalled with all updates in place. I've removed it, deleted all files and removed every registry entry manually then reinstalled. No change.

I've installed both the DirectX 10 that came with the software and run all possible updates. No change.

I have no other software running. No unnecessary processes. There is absolutely nothing I can find that would explain why this is happening.

As it stands right now this software is completely unusable

FPSX9 runs perfectly as well as every test I can throw at it, including DX10 demos.

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
4 gigs DDR2 800
Nvidia 9600 GSO 512mb
Phenom 8650 Triple core
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Well windows vist is supposed to work better with it you coukd switch or you can upgrade everything thats my best idea
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 22:09
This is a very unusual problem, can you please post a video on the problem you are having so that I may be able to help?

"I haz no sig :o"
rodent042
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 00:35
@nilloc - Sorry but installing Vista is not a solution. This system is well over the minimum specifications and others are using it on 7 so there has to be a tangible reason it isn't working here. Do you go out and buy different OS if Firefox stops working properly?

@Soviet - I'll try and post an example tonight.
rodent042
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 02:50
Here are 2 short video examples. You can see that the polygon count jumps to maximum and the resource meter jumps from over 100 down to 1 whenever I try to move. If I stay perfectly still everything else carries on normally. Again, I have no sound at all in-game and graphic settings make no difference. It doesn't matter if it is just 4 simple walls.

I would lean toward it being a soundchip problem but that would not explain why the editor stutters as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l02wkdgdv3k

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wqzqdzew4km

More info:
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3P motherboard w/ realtek ALC888 audio

I may try a fresh Win 7 install on a spare drive just to see if it is possibly something else on my system, though I have only had 7 for 2 weeks.

Thanks for taking the time!
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 02:10
The videos won't play for me. Could you convert them to something else? Maybe it's just my PC, but I doubt it.

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 02:17
@le shorte:
If they aren't playing, that leads me to believe that you are trying to play them with Windows Media Player, because they are .avi, try playing them with Quicktime Player, if you have it installed.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]@nilloc - Sorry but installing Vista is not a solution. This system is well over the minimum specifications and others are using it on 7 so there has to be a tangible reason it isn't working here. Do you go out and buy different OS if Firefox stops working properly?

lol got a good point man
rodent042
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 04:14
Sorry about that. I use media player classic from the K-lite codec pack. They won't play in the default Media Player. I'll convert them tomorrow. I'm just too beat tonight lol. Thanks again.

@nilloc - Sorry if I came off as rude. I didn't mean to. The firefox reference was meant to be a joke but looking back... well... man, I'm a jerk lol!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 00:32 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 00:33
Ahh yes, I see, this would be because of the lack of Frames per Second. What graphics card are you running? when you look a certain way you can see your frames drop to nearly 3 frames a second back down you only get like 12 if... Something is wrong with your card or its not powerful enough to run x10 properly.

**Edit**

I understand the 9600 GT can be used for x10 but something is wrong here, do you have x10 updated to the fullest? also was that just a default map?

"I haz no sig :o"
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
its ok rodent
rodent042
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 04:00
Okay... I'm through pulling my hair out (I hope!)

I wiped the partition and reinstalled Windows and everything is working fine. The kicker is this was a fresh install as I had gotten W7 solely for the purpose of running X10. The only difference is I have not installed any W7 updates yet. If I update and it stops working properly at least I'll have a real starting point to figure it out.

Soviet176 - thanks for taking the time to try and help, my friend. You are a shining example of what forums are all about.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 19:18:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 19:18:45