Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Truck Devilz

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 23:43 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 22:18

About the game:

This bascically started out as a vehicle demo for my physics library QuickODE, but then I realized that I could possibly turn this into a complete game. So I started polishing things up and as soon as the main gameplay mechanics were working as they should, it turned out quite fun! So my plan is to finish this side-project in the next few weeks. There will definitly be a free demo available, but I plan to actually sell the final version (for a small pricing, of course). But one thing is for sure already: This will be one hell of a fun ride!

Main Features:

* Race against up to 8 opponents on various off-road courses
* Pull off insane jumps
* Physics-based gameplay allows for complete freedom and precise control
* Start a career in Championship Mode, mess with others in Online Mode, just Practice or start an Instant Race
* Fluid graphics with nice effects to support the intense gameplay
* Playable even on low-end systems (e.g. Netbooks)

Screenshots:

Stay tuned for more updates!
(Last updated: Mar. 23, 2010)

Sebastian Pauli

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 09:12
This is looks really fun to play, I will be sure to keep an eye on this project .

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 20:49
This looks great.Ive been thinking of such game for some time so I would be happy to help you make models for the environment and new cars etc.

A.K.A djmaster
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 15:11
Thanks for the compliments!
I'm constructing some interesting environments right now.

@charger bandit:
There will be the possibility to import some custom media, so if you want to, you can think about some truck skins/designs...

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 17:36
Im gonna make a monstertruck that looks a bit less cartoony than yours Its gonna be awesome.

A.K.A djmaster
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 19:04
That looks great Pauli, its amazing how quick ideas come to you as you play with physics, it just gives you so many more options.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 19:05 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 19:07
@charger bandit:
Ok, then do so, but please remember that I'm not going to necessarily take others models, as the main idea was to do everything by myself.
But if you make the most awesome model ever then I might consider taking it in
There will be some kind of customization ability in the game anyway...

The main art direction will be a bit exagerated and cartoony but you're not going to be throwing bananas and turtle shells around

@matty halewood:
Thanks! Yes it's amazing, the best concepts always come on the fly while working on something else and then suddenly everything starts to fit together
Making games is just incredibly awesome!!!

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 23:49
Ive got a nice idea,how about a level editor? You have a big empty arena,then you place cars,jumps,rings of fire etc. and then drive?

A.K.A djmaster
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems legit.

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 21:42
Looks cool! Good way to show off your physics engine. There seem to be so many different physics thingys for DB. If you provide some working vehicle code, that will be a major "selling point" to people who want to make their own car games.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 18:10
Quote: "Looks cool! Good way to show off your physics engine. There seem to be so many different physics thingys for DB. If you provide some working vehicle code, that will be a major "selling point" to people who want to make their own car games."

Pauli, have you considered porting it to dbPro?
Its something I am considering with Fulcrum if it's not too much work. I'm also considering having a Pro version with more advanced features and maybe selling it, any thoughts?

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 22:22
* Changed splash logo

@matty halewood:
Well, don't know if I'm going to port it to DBPro. I moved from DBP to DarkGDK about 3 years ago... But if I do, that will be when QuickODE is more refined and stable.
And about selling it: I haven't decided yet, because it's still at an early state where I can't demand any money for it. I rather tend to sell the games I make out of it...

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 00:37
Quote: " I rather tend to sell the games I make out of it..."

Have you ever sold a game anywhere? Would love a few details and pointers if you have.
This is something I would like to get into, I have a game I've been developing for the AppUp store but don't know if it will turn out any good yet.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 00:50
Quote: "Have you ever sold a game anywhere?"

No I haven't yet, but if everthing progresses as it is right now, Truck Devilz will be the first one to be a potential game to sell.
But please don't get me wrong - I don't plan to make millions out of it
And I think I'm going to go for the AppUp thing, too.
I've thought a lot about how to properly distribute a game (and protect it from piracy) and if they already have a system working why not use it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 12:25:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 12:25:35