Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Is there a way to force certain ambient settings on arena mode?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Basically I really need my arena game to be dimly-lit, and it doesn't save any of the settings I edit in the tab menu (such an lighting/fog/water colour etc) when building my arena game - is there any way (such as editing the a text file/mod or something) to force settings which will accomplish this? Thanks

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 02:06
Yeah, you can do it with .fpi scripts.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
cool, how exactly to I do it?

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't see options for ambience or anything in the X10 version .fpi scripts, can someone please let me know how to do it? pretty desperate as it's vital for my intricate level to work...

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 22:46
All of the scripts for changing the effects, can be found here:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\scriptbank\effects

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers but they're .fpi files, how do I edit them? also which ones relate to arenas and how do I get the engine to select them? thanks a lot for your help!

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 00:51
Just through them into a triggerzone, the .fpi files have the commands for changing the special effects, just look at them.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers for your help but I'm still a little confused. For example, I've opened 'decrementambience' in notepad (see below) but what are the commands to change the lighting colour/levels to what I want and how do I insert them into the script? Thanks

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Ambience Control

;Triggers

:plrwithinzone=1,effectambiencegreater=0:effectdecambience=1

;End of Script

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 16:30 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 16:31
I'll explain that script for you:

What it does, is when you put that as the script for a trigger zone, it will check if the player is standing in the zone, and if the ambience is greater than zero. While the player is standing in the zone and the ambinece level is greater than zero it will decrease the ambience until it is zero. If you want to set your ambience to a certain level, you could either change the
Quote: "effectambiencegreater=0"
to
Quote: "effectambiencegreater=whatever number you want"
Also, you could try
Quote: "effectsetambience=whatever number you want"
then set a triggerzone to use that script and when the player enters the triggerzone it will set the ambinece to the level that you want.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the quick reply, ok 2 questions

I've been looking at the 'setuplevel' file and there are libnes such as ':state=0:fog=4000,fogred=0,foggreen=0,fogblue=0
:state=0:ambience=25,ambiencered=255,ambiencegreen=255,ambienceblue=255' now i've tried changing it to things like ':state=0:fog=4000,fogred=0,foggreen=0,fogblue=0
:state=0:ambience=5,ambiencered=255,ambiencegreen=255,ambienceblue=255' but it doesn't seem to make a difference - do arena games completely ignore these files?

The other thing is, I want to impliment the ambience settings into the level permenantly and immediately so where should i put the settings, can i impliment it into the character's code or something? or should i use triggers zones and put them over every oponent's starting position?

Thanks again

www.crimsonnight.com
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait a sec, how do you actually attach .ini files to a trigger zone, I can't see a link to a add one after inserting and right clicking on a trigger zone? Could it be the 'AltTexture' field?

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 18:26
No, don't change the .ini, change the .fpi and in the trigger zone choose main and locate the .fpi that you made.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't see a 'Main' field and I also don't know what to put in the .fpi; sorry for being useless is there a way I can set the ambient/fog/water levels to how I want using the tab menu in test game and save them to an .fpi, then attach that to a trigger zone or something?

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 22:15 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 22:17
Quote: "sorry for being useless"

You're not useless, I have no problem helping you out, that's why I'm here.

Look at the attached picture to see where the "main" is. In there you will see that the default script is "plrinzone.fpi". So, all that you need to do, is locate that script, which is located:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\FPSC X10 Files\scriptbank
and make a copy of it. Open the copy in either "FPI Editpad" or "Windows Notepad". change the script from:

to:

Also, X10 won't do this if you have no lights, so make sure that you have at least one light somewhere in your level. I hope that helped.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks budokaiman, really appreciate you taking the time to help me out - alright we're definitely getting closer

I can't see an attached picture but I've just backed up 'plrinzone.fpi' and changed the original script to:

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Plr In Zone

;Triggers

:state=0:effectambience=0,state=1

(also tried leaving the quote marks around the "0")

But it doesn't seem to be having any effect - I guess I need to put something different in there - what sort of script should I put in for say a very light low level, and a high level of black fog, and dark water? If you wouldn't mind giving me an example hopefully I can edit it to how I want?

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 23:18 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 23:19
Quote: " can't see an attached picture"

*epic facepalm*
now it's attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting a totally different set of options to that - just looked into it, and I'm pretty sure you only get those options in a non-arena mode...

www.crimsonnight.com
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 23:39
Hmm. You're right. I'll put that on the list of things to add to our mod.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Anything I can do for now, or am I screwed?

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but you can still edit all the values in the tab menu when in a test game and they seem to save, but they have no effect in the built game - i'm guessing it ignores the .fpi file they save to - can you just take that feature out in the mod so you can save all the values like normal? would make things so much easier >.<

www.crimsonnight.com
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2010 22:33
Quote: "effectambience=0"

I've done that before and I know the exact solution to change the ambience. It goes like this:

-Edit the trigger zone's MAIN to the effect you want.
-Make sure the effectambience action is set to =1
-Where it says 'Factor', type in the ambience level you want it to reach e.g change to 60.
-Make sure the default ambience is lower than the target if you are increasing the ambience or higher if you are decreasing the ambience.

That should work since that's what I do for my level. It works with all the effect scripts, be it water or bloom, it'll work no doubt. I've attached a screenshot for an example .

-SSG

--=. ,=--

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks SikaSina, but the problem is you don't get those fields on the trigger zone entity when building an arena game

www.crimsonnight.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 05:42:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 05:42:48