Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] ZER0 Day Virus

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 18:15
The fact that you seperated them out looks much better. I'd still be tempted to darken them though.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Butt monkey

Alright thanks for the advice
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 19:11
Good to see my curtains put to a good use but they have some werid lightmapping and smoothing problem for some reason. I might release some new ones that will look much better with a new trick.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@charger bandit

Quote: "Good to see my curtains put to a good use"

I like them a lot to be honest But if you release a more refined one, I will be even more thankful!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 19:43 Edited at: 15th Jun 2010 19:44
I have made a new gameplay video, which is still heavily WIP.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 20:06
the last screenie and the video are great! Fast progress here mate! Keep it up!

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the last screenie and the video are great! Fast progress here mate! Keep it up!"

Thank you MetalDevil123!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@All

Updated storyline in first post.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 09:45
Last screen looks better.

Abdul Ahad
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@AbdulAhad

Thanks

@All
I was just looking through the showcase and I have been reading through mgarand's Virus 2 storyline, and realised that my own one is quite similar to it, so if anyone sees any similarities, there is no plagiarism on EITHER of our behalves.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 00:15 Edited at: 30th Jun 2010 00:18
Here is a new screenshot, showing the new Proximity Sensor! It changes colour depending on the range between the enemy and the player.

However, some species have no effect on this device....

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 10:31
ohh, nice job!

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks MetalDevil! It's nice to see someone enjoys the new feature I've put in to variate my game
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 12:25 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2010 20:13
Some new screens for you all:

PS I should also have a demo out soon of one of the levels, so you can play through. Please note it will be lacking voice acting at the time of the release of the demo.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 13:17
Looks nice! You're getting better. I'd be tempted to change the top of that bottom segment though so they aren't both the same. Change it to blank panel like the bottom of the segment. It'll look more like a full wall instead of 2 stacked ontop of each other.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@butt monkey
Thanks for the compliments! I don't know what went wrong with those walls; I'm gonna have a shot at fixing them

@All

Fixed image in last post that didn't show up.
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
Damn, this game looks nice, with the lighting and the proximity sensor and all! Reminds me of one of those classic horror sci-fi First Person Shooters, like Aliens vs. Predator, or System Shock 2! This is a game I'd like to play!

BTW, I see you got Update 1.17! How do you edit the visuals? I know you press Tab, but then what do you do? (How do you adjust the sliders?)
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2010 14:15 Edited at: 24th Jul 2010 14:16
@Arctek

Quote: "Damn, this game looks nice, with the lighting and the proximity sensor and all! Reminds me of one of those classic horror sci-fi First Person Shooters, like Aliens vs. Predator, or System Shock 2! This is a game I'd like to play!"

Thank you very much I'm glad to hear my game helps remind you of great professional games

Quote: "BTW, I see you got Update 1.17! How do you edit the visuals? I know you press Tab, but then what do you do? (How do you adjust the sliders?)"

As far as I believe, the debug visuals from X10 were imported into X9, but the adjustable sliders for water and Dark AI etc. from X10 were NOT imported. That's as far as I know
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@All

Retextured the wall segments to try and make the top fit in with the rest:

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I have made a small 2 level demo for you guys to play around with

Download it here!

Thanks to s4real for the Vishnu Packer for my game.
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As far as I believe, the debug visuals from X10 were imported into X9, but the adjustable sliders for water and Dark AI etc. from X10 were NOT imported. That's as far as I know"

Oh I see! Thanks!
I didn't know Dark AI wasn't Imported! No wonder the AI for allies is dumb! (They just shoot at you without hitting you!) XD
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I didn't know Dark AI wasn't Imported! No wonder the AI for allies is dumb! (They just shoot at you without hitting you!) XD"

Sorry, I meant adjustable bars were not implemented, but Dark AI was.

Allies are dumb? Where? There are no allies in my game if thats what you mean?
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Allies are dumb? Where? There are no allies in my game if thats what you mean? "

No no, not your game! I haven't even played it yet! I'm just saying whenever I assigned an ally script to a character (Just to test out v1.17) they just keep shooting me without actually hitting me!

Sorry if I caused any confusion!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Allies shouldn't shoot you anyway

You should have the Appear script as the appear ally script and the Main script should be the Dark AI Main script.

If you try some of the test maps that are provided with V1.17 (Dark AI maps) you can see how it should work
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
New screenshot (showing a machine creating Microchips for the 'Dormant Specimens':

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2010 21:36
cool man

signatures are dumb.....
idk why....
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@OutdoorGamer

Thanks!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2010 21:57
Nice! The game looks very cool.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. Have you checked out the 2 level demo?
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
I played the demo for a bit... I'm stuck on one part... but all I gotta say is,

THIS

GAME

ROCKS!!!

I have never felt this anxious playing a game before! The eerie lights really set the atmosphere for this game, giving you a feeling of being helpless, and stranded! I swear to god, the atmosphere really made me feel nervous! I thought enemies would come out of anywhere! The music was really awesome, too! Really good use of Update 1.17 as well! How do you integrate Bond's shaders into your game? Another thing I liked was some of the level design! You really payed attention to detail, and that is good!

While these are some good traits, there are some problems/ things I'm knit-picky about:

-You should really indicate where the important items are. Like I didn't know the PCB was on the table until I walked all the way back to the room from the door that was supposed to be unlocked by that device! XD

-While the level design is great, it seems some things didn't seem necessary. For example, before you fight the two robots (Nice ragdoll deaths on them. Also, I don't know where to go after clearing that room, so yeah, that's the part I'm stuck on. :B), why do you have to pass through two halls & doors to get there? I don't know, I just thought two was unnecessary. Then again, I might be knit-picky... :I

-You know how if you collide with objects like tables, the player starts grunting? Sometimes, you can take damage from being too close to the furniture. For example, there was one room in the first level, there was a table with a computer, and the entire area was illuminated by a blue light. I entered the computer room, got a bit TOO close to the computer, and then I DIED!!! It startled me a little! I thought something exploded, and I was a little nervous about going back into the room!

Anyway, really great atmospheric game! I think you did an amazing job on this! Keep up the good work, man! It was fun playing through this game!

I give it an 8.5/10!
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm stuck on one part."

Nevermind, I just finished the game! XP
Still, it's really well done!

I just wish there could be more enemies to fight...
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Arctek

Quote: "You know how if you collide with objects like tables, the player starts grunting? Sometimes, you can take damage from being too close to the furniture. For example, there was one room in the first level, there was a table with a computer, and the entire area was illuminated by a blue light. I entered the computer room, got a bit TOO close to the computer, and then I DIED!!! It startled me a little! I thought something exploded, and I was a little nervous about going back into the room!"

I am aware about that stupid grunting sound; It comes with stock FPSC when you collide with objects

I think there are a few collision errors with some of the tables that are static, so I might have to make them dynamic. Thank you for the notification though!

Quote: "-You should really indicate where the important items are. Like I didn't know the PCB was on the table until I walked all the way back to the room from the door that was supposed to be unlocked by that device! XD"

You aren't the only one to say that hehe . I'll get on it.

Quote: "How do you integrate Bond's shaders into your game?"

I didn't even realise I was using Bond1's shaders if I was
It must have been the new FPSC shaders on the segments cos I've only used Bond1's animated shader for the TVs.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
New screenshot showing the scene where the player must defeat 6 Sentries in order to reach Dr. Tyler's (scientist at the head of the second half of the ZER0 Day Virus project) office quarters...

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 16:55
Looks fine. I'd mabye add some more entities though. It's looking just a little bare. Also, those big lights should be omitting the green light instead of the smaller lights (Bigger light source = more light). Perhaps think about switching them. I'd actually question what the blue light is even doing there in the first place. While it does add a touch of much needed colour, it seems a little bit random.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it's still WIP so the entity scale is a bit on the low side. I'll work on the lighting though.

I personally like the blue effect
Do you really think I should remove it?
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2010 18:17
No, I don't think you should remove it. I like it as well. I was just saying that for realism's sake, it was a little random as it's giving off practically no light at all. Perhaps just find a reason to justify it being there.

About the light scale, I wasn't saying the entities were too small or anything. I was saying that you should switch them, because the light entity giving off the blue light looks bigger and more powerful than the one giving off the green, yet it's giving off a tiny amount of blue light (If you get me).
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh right! I'll switch the entity so it is a smaller, less powerful looking light source.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Inside Dr. Tyler's plush dormitory (and a firefight to go with it):

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@All

I have just purchased Zombie Apocalypse from the Store, so look out for some more monstrous screenshots once the order has been approved!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
New screenshot here of a WIP room in a state of destruction:

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated last screen with a few more entities:

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 12:44
Looks very good!

Is the locker in the last screen attached to the wall?

Abdul Ahad
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@AbdulAhad

No it isn't attached to the wall. It's just leaning onto another locker which is upright but off screen.
MacGow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hud looks terrible but apart from that looks interesting.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hud looks terrible"

Well welcome to the forums, and you could be a lot less harsh when you give criticisms because if you don't, you won't be very popular.

And for your info, the HUD is stock, apart from the weapon hud.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 21:53
You could start form telling, how to improve the HUD. That would help.

The screenies look good I do like the numeric hud, but the stock looking text, it's not that great. If you want me to make you the "health", "lives" and "ammunition" HUDs, then please inform me via email, and I'll send something to you

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks MD123!

I wonder why you like the numeric HUD... Maybe it's yours
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 14:46
Quote: "I wonder why you like the numeric HUD... Maybe it's yours "

It is? Well, my memory is going stupid again then...

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehe yeah It was in your HUD Pack release!
FPS Creator Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Fast Review

Graphics: 5.0

Gameplay 7.0

Lighting 7.0

Detail Levle 6.0

Final Review 6.5 it's fun but it needs a lot more to become a great game
7.0 fine
8.0 I Like it
9.0 Very Good