Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Potential noob ALERT!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am wondering if i should invest in FPSC for x10.
Is it really worth while, are the graphics high-quality, is the AI any good and does it have the potential to create a in-depth storyline in any of its games.

Thanks for any opinions

I PLAY JAZZ!
i know, i'm a very problemed child...
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 16:13
Yes, using the proper shaders can make your game look nice, but there are mods for X9 that look better than X10's, the AI is very good though. With proper scripting you can create very in-depth storylines.

Logo by The Next
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 16:26
Depends on your view. X9 has more features with mods and such, but X10 looks better, runs better, and overall in my opinion is better. The NPCs help you or destroy you. Or they can just stand around. AI is good, but can be a bit buggy if you have a lot of entities around your level as they don't want to step on entities. You can create in-depth storylines with sound zones, trigger zones, loading screens, and video zones.
My 2 cents.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 4/6/10
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 17:16
Basicly what these 2 have said but Lee is releasing a patch for X9 v1.17 which looks like it's gunna be 2x as good as x10

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 17:52
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 15:17:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 15:17:09