Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Corporate Training Applications with FPS X10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys! I'd like your point of view with this. What you think about build training applications with FPS X10? What you think about "manufacture training simulators" like well known crane simulator or Fork Lift Simulator. I've in mind hundred of training ideas for Industrial "training". My only concern is 1)FPS graphics and capabilities compared with other Game Engines. 2) Memory and MB used to run any game!. Anyone knows examples or what you think about FPS X10 for training?

Thanks, Javier

Landmark
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 4th May 2010 16:11
For simulations you are going to need to work with a better physics engine, which no TGC product is truly suitable for. For simulations you would really need to have someone with a really good knowledge of both physics and object oriented programmng. The closest thing you are going to find to being suitable for simulations, and easy to use is Garry's Mod.

Landmark
Years of Service
User Offline
Gmod is great!, but it has to be installed on other game engines like HL2.. my question is can I build final games and SELL them without royalties?
Thanks!

Landmark
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
With X10, you can sell your games and make up to $5000 before you have to buy a $2000 license, if my memory is correct. If you wanted, you COULD use X10 for simulation and training but you'd be severly limited, mainly to walk-throughs. FPSC is mainly for FPSs, as the name implies

Engines like Esperient Creator and Unity are better suited for simulation/training software simply because they're general purpose engines and therefore you can do anything with them (In fact training software and the stuff you describe, is the main purpose of Esperient). The downside of both of them is that you'll need to know at least some programming/scripting, but it's within a reasonable amount. As far as royalties, I don't know about Esperient, but Unity has a free version and you can use it to make games and make money off them, no royalties (well, not until you've made $100k anyways)

^^My Portfolio^^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 12:37:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 12:37:18