Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Cosmics street stuff problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 20:01 Edited at: 13th Jun 2010 19:13
Is anyone else having problems with cosmic prophets street stuff? I can't get any of it to show. I have all the scripts in the proper place, I tried deleteing the folders and putting everything back in. Ran the bloody cleaner and still it all comes out pink... not to mention to the fact that all of the segments (Roads...ect) don't show up at all. It's like the entire pack isn't compatible. Is any one else running into this? It renders my entire project useless, and I can't get one simple map to work because FPSC just decides it doesn't like any way I re-build it. So frustrating.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 21:00
I tried the street entities and they appeared pink for me too . I suggest trying to convert the textures, since I can only think of that right now.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 21:20
Yea I downloaded Doomsters texture converter. It will not convert the bloody textures to .dds its like his textures are encrypted.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 22:05
"/ I'll take a look at them later to see what's wrong.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 04:29 Edited at: 12th Jun 2010 05:44
None of the doors work either. D:

**Edit**

None of the wall segments are even showing up at all. Omg... This is so retarded.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
if texture change not working then load the models into your model program and apply the textures there then re save them.

also before that have you changed the fpe texture from tga to dds this will be the problem if you have not changed them

if doomsters file converter is not working the next fastest way is through paint.net when you get going you can convert in 20 in minutes.

so convert to dds
then change fpe tga to dds
then run

if still no joy then load the x file into model program
then apply the texture then save as.

hope that helps

p.s. cant find the street pack from cosmic

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 19:12
the problem is, if I load them into the model program, since they are dynamic animated entity's they will loose their animation properties.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 14:46 Edited at: 15th Jun 2010 14:47
I have had issues with some of cosmics stuff in the past... You need to reprocess all the textures and create Normal and Spec maps for each texture....

then make sure all FPE and FPI files point to .TGA not .DDS even tho they are DDS files... and that there is no Shader file selected so it reverts to X10 default shader.. then you should be good to go.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 00:03 Edited at: 20th Jun 2010 00:06
I may have found another issue actually, this pertains to the doors because they don't work either. There is a texture path that cosmic's pack never included. I re-downloaded everything and nothing even remotely matches this. Also, the texture for the door its self does not even exist in the texture bank he included. I am at a loss as so what to do. Regular stock doors do not work with his segments.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 19:28:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 19:28:18