Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / What do you most want out of FPSC X10 in the future?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 01:56 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2010 02:01
Quote: "
Be able to change the players jump height"

better way of getting your weapons (a bar at the bottom of the screen showing the current weapons and what number to click to use them)
"

Huds.

Decal controler (be able to change the color size speed ect of the decal)
"

Change the sprite to have less frames.
Change the hue in GIMP, Paint.net, etc.
Size? Look in the fpe file and change the scale!

Be able to end a multiplayer game when a certain amount of given kills( killsendgame= (given number)
"

That's the "Frag Limit" in the build game menu

To anyone who lives in England: I liked London when I went two weeks ago.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet so most of them are down how about controling if the enemys and teamates are sitting?

Who da man?!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 05:45
Quote: "Sweet so most of them are down how about controling if the enemys and teamates are sitting?"

This has to be scripted, make a sitting animation and make sure to add the animation to the .fpe

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm I tried but the character stood there doing nothing...

Who da man?!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 12:21
Playing with character animations in FPSC can be awfully tricky, i'm not 100% on this but i think you can only use the animation sets that are built into the engine then just tell the FPE to run which animation frame for the matching action in the engine. You would also need to add the sit animation into the source code. But im a bit rusty with FPSC and how the models work i haven't done any for about 2 years now so correct me if im wrong.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
MENU

options

set resolution: 800x600 etc...
set depth: 16bit, 32bit
set save/load system for a particular lavel
set play level to play
set choice of sp or mp
set difficulty (optional) (fpi script/marker triggered): number of enemies/size of the visual cone

I can't of course be made now. But it could be wonderful to have those feature within FPSC/FPSX10 wich are de facto within any retail game we played
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 18:51
set resolution: 800x600 etc..."

SG Launcher

Quote: "set save/load system for a particular lavel"

Not sure which launcher, but I've seen one that does that.

set choice of sp or mp"

SG Launcher

Quote: "set difficulty (optional) (fpi script/marker triggered): number of enemies/size of the visual cone"

This can be done with various launchers, but you'd need to make three levels (with assorted enemies, weapon damage, etc.) per level (thus tripling the size of your executable). I still cannot remember the launcher where you can select levels, but you could have 3 unlock after each level (MyMap Easy, MyMap Medium, MyMap Hard).

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 19:38 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2010 19:41
Quote: "Quote: "
set resolution: 800x600 etc..."
SG Launcher
"

Yes and no, x10's resolution cannot be changed yet because it will mess everything up. As we saw in some of the previous beta tests. We will have to wait and see how the tests with budokaiman are. Resolution and x10 are tricky.

**Edit**

I would also like to see Team death match in multiplayer, apparently, lemur mod can do this, however with current issues you are having with putting different mods into x10, I would suggest looking at the code and see what he did logic wise. Instead of copy and pasting because you would probably get 500 more errors anyway lol.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 02:00
Yes and no, x10's resolution cannot be changed yet because it will mess everything up."

Hm, didn't know that

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 11:12
Lmao if you try editing the resolution in FPSC it makes a really big mess, i had a copy of the FPSC source from someone i forget who, that had a resolution change setup to try and get it in a windowed mode and when you run it, lets just say it no longer looks like a game and mine crashed and burned after a few seconds.

And as far as i remember the tests for budokaiman went bad also.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Where do I find this SG launcher? I can't google it up . And is it free to use if I wanna make a commercial game?

Thanks a lot
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 12:28 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2010 12:31
Hey, long time no see Next!

There is one thing I'd like to see added to X10 though it might be too big to add any time soon, but it's the main thing that's keeping me away from FPSC even with just casual stuff. What I'd like to see is more user-friendly asset importing. Like right now for any object you make you HAVE to have a .fps, .fpe, etc. the folders have to be in exactly the right place, etc. and on top of that having to re-open FPSC X10 everytime you make a change to one of the assets. When all you want to do is see how a model looks! I know I'm spoiled because Unity is literally drag and drop in many different formats, but with unity you can literally have a model in-game in less than a second after finishing it. If there were some way for FPSC to be able to just import models without having to make a .fps/.fpe, to make it so assets can just be dropped into a folder and you can have it in the editor without having to restart FPSC, it'd be a godsend for artists around here. Maybe add support for other model formats (.fbx or .3ds).

The reason this is so important is because let's face it; the only real way a FPSC (X9 or X10) game can separate itself from the rest is through the assets. All the games play more or less the same so all that's left is the assets. Therefore importing assets and using them should be as efficient as possible. At the very least making new segments should be a 1 second process (not counting the time to make the textures). Of course I realize that this would be a huge upgrade and therefore isn't likely to come any time soon since even X9 hasn't gotten an upgrade like that but oh well we can dream...

^^My Portfolio^^
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 13:48
Nice to hear from you again hows everything going?

And i totally agree the asset importing into FPSC is way to long winded you can add models into other engines in less than half the time.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 14:18
@Next,

Did you receive an Email from me a while ago? I sent it via my Samsung S5560 so it may not have sent properly .

And I was thinking of a custom shader/texture modification app like UDK's one which I attached a snapshot of . Yes, that texture was mine, the whole texture effects and shader parameters were edited by me too I am getting so much better at Texture Design. I'll post up another suggestion with another screen in a sec.

-SSG

--=. ,=--

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 14:25
No i have got no email from you.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 14:35
WOO thanks a lot Samsung...are you on Skype ATM? I'll come on then and ask you there lol. Here is another idea:

How about having one of your scenes in a sepia touch:

Or perhaps a deeper sepia colour?:

Maybe even a green or pink tint?:

I had second thoughts of putting these up since it ruins my future secret lmao...oh well . But yeah, Colour Adjustments, Post Processing (like Motion Blur and Bloom [although that's already adjustable]) Adjustments and gradual colour fade in (slowly changing into the new ambience and colour instead of an 'In Ya Face' immediate change approach) .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 17:34 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2010 17:34
Quote: " Where do I find this SG launcher? I can't google it up . And is it free to use if I wanna make a commercial game?
"

You can search for it in either the models and media section or the chat section, not sure which one. And yes, commercial and non-commercial.

Edit: Here's the link
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170472&b=21

funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
tahnks a lot Soviet176 and le shorte
funny_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
What about "Team deathmach" mp game? I believe it's only deathmatch wich is awailable when building mp gsames. And then a "simple" "server searcher/scanner" for the net (no LAN to begin with)
Thanks in advance
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Fpsc ip will work with X10 when the new update comes out and it will help with servers ect

Who da man?!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 04:35
Yup, team death match however isnt done yet, only Lemur mod has it. (not out for x10)

Nailik117
Years of Service
User Offline
Better Blood !
FLAME123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2010 20:39
Well I would like to see ironsights for all the weapons, (Including model pack ones) Some sort of dialog system, motion blur, health regeneration, enemy reactions from being shot e.g. stumble if shot in the leg, headshots, vehicles, cover system (like in rainbow six vegas), more involving explosions e.g. the screen shakes about and blurs out when blasted by a grenade, faster reloading animations, some sort of tool to make interactive ingame cutscenes, squad AI have roles e.g. Medic, AI can carry more than one weapon, slow motion ability and hand animations when operating swtches.

Those are some of the things that would make FPSCX10 more awesome.

Bob
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
Duel weapon welding

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 02:23
Quote: "health regeneration"

That's possible through vanilla scripting.

Toffeemouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 16:42
Weapon support for model packs and stock media.

I cant make a single game as all the weapons are not compatible, if you could offer a fix this would be amazing.

The sound does not sync with Model pack weapons and the stock media ones have no crosshairs.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 19:04
Quote: "the stock media ones have no crosshairs. "

Mine have Crosshairs.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
are you up to date toffe mouse?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2010 11:46
Quote: "Mine have Crosshairs."

Mine too it was an issue i had before though but fixed its self upon update.

Get unlimited space and un-metered bandwidth hosting email me i will beat any other host

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:39:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:39:04