Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Important v117 Updates for MP9/10 owners

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 22:34
Hey, Errant, please read my above message, and here's my gunspecs for the MP10 M203M16A4R:

I have it lined up, so when you freeze the animation at the top of the breath cycle, it is perfectly level with the crosshair icon.

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2010 23:37
Here's my Youtube vid for the M16:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HB3W8tiYSk

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
skaterdude, OK. I'll check it out in a bit. I appreciate the effort but I have the m4/m16s pretty much done already. I don't want you to invest a lot of time and have it be in vain. You had some good settings on the M203M402R but in the end there was very little I didn't end up changing in order to keep things consistent with the M203M401R and other released/unreleased weaps. I'm also fixing other small issues and doing a rough across the board balancing act so it takes some time.
Khaled Bakalokadawka
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone else here like turtles?

Life is empty. Life is meaningless. When we take a life, we take nothing of value. Wetboys are killers. Thats all we are. Thats all we do. There are no poets in this bitter business.
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 05:55
Alright, that's fine. Just glad to help you in any way that I could. If you ever need help with things of this nature, I learned how to use Airmod, with high efficiency, in one night, and I'd be more than happy to help.

Also, and I know you're really busy, but I'd like to talk to about some things sometime when you finally have a break. I'd like to know about your setup.ini settings and stuff like that. And whether you'd want to accept that offer I sent you on Youtube a week ago. hah!

System: Windows 7, 2.5 Ghz Quad-Core, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4650 | Superheroes: bond1 and Errant AI

System: 2.5 Ghz Quad Core, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, ATI Radion 4650
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 16:24 Edited at: 15th Jul 2010 18:08
@Errant AI: oh yeah, the dbo, I forgot about the dbo...

I made M4CQBR ironsights!!!!!!!!!!!
http://img202.imageshack.us/i/snapshot10v.jpg/
its not perfect, but it works.

heres the gunspec:

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
im wondering where i can find the link for the v117 updates
cant find it

My DA page: http://www.dolphin232.deviantart.com
Im a semi gay furry and i am a dumb***
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Look at migration thread.... im sick of guys asking this

-James
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 01:26
Hey errant how is the weapon upgrade coming a long? Can't wait to see the updates to the m107 and so forth

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 01:44 Edited at: 16th Jul 2010 01:45
Should have a new zip uploaded in a couple hours or so (definitely today sometime). Just doing the melee weapons now but ought to loop back around to some of the earlier ones I skipped removing the zoom idling from.

Sadly there's not much that could be done with the M107 other than adding gunlag and recoil (I also added range values and such); maybe someday you'll see an SE version of it with 3D scope. Wasn't much that could be done with the grenade launcher modes either.

One cool thing I'm setting up now is for the katana to work on burst fire so you click once and get 2 or 3 rapid strikes instead of being able to just hold down the trigger.

BTW, I've removed all the stupid iterate settings for the assault rifles so the magazine capacities are now correct and the M16A4 burst fire also works correctly.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 01:48 Edited at: 16th Jul 2010 01:51
Quote: "Sadly there's not much that could be done with the M107 other than adding gunlag and recoil (I also added range values and such); maybe someday you'll see an SE version of it with 3D scope. Wasn't much that could be done with the grenade launcher modes either."

Thats cool, thats all I really wanted, IMHO recoil is essential for a sniper rifle. Thanks Errant!

**Edit**

Didn't see the iterations, thats awesome errant thanks a lot!

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 02:32 Edited at: 16th Jul 2010 02:52
Quote: "Wasn't much that could be done with the grenade launcher modes either."

Well, you know, ironsights aren't really meant for grenade launcher attachments. It's kind of like shooting an arrow, you just have to judge the fall and aim. In many popular games, such as COD: Modern Warfare 1&2, the 'nade launchers are hip-fired with all the accuracy of an Ironsighted gun. You simply have to adjust for gravity, and you're all set.

On another note, Errant, that video I just posted about the M16, when you watch it, somewhere near the middle you will see my zoom in and reload, which normally isn't possible. Once the reload animation is finished, you'll see it smoothly goes to Irons, which is a really cool effect. In case you haven't found this yourself, you simply right click and immediately after press "R." Check it out!

System: Windows 7, 2.5 Ghz Quad-Core, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4650 | My Superheroes: bond1 and Errant AI

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 02:49
Quote: "Sadly there's not much that could be done with the M107 other than adding gunlag and recoil (I also added range values and such); maybe someday you'll see an SE version of it with 3D scope. Wasn't much that could be done with the grenade launcher modes either. "

3D scope version of that gun would be best thing ever. And an updated texture. Would love to see it updated
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 02:55
Quote: "3D scope version of that gun would be best thing ever. And an updated texture. Would love to see it updated "

I agree.

System: Windows 7, 2.5 Ghz Quad-Core, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4650 | My Superheroes: bond1 and Errant AI

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 06:43 Edited at: 16th Jul 2010 06:44
Updated the .zip archive in the 1st post.

-All MP9/10 accounted for though many of the previous ones still have idling zoom anims which I'll remove later.

-This new patch shuffles around some of the sounds a bit such as replacing the old iterate M4 fire.wavs with the single shot one from the M16A4. Be sure to back up your old sounds if you have custom ones for those weapons.

-M4s no longer use the iterate feature and now have normal ammo capacities. Restart FPSC before placing any of the updated weaps in the editor otherwise the editor changeable settings will override whats in the gunspec.

-The mesh has been replaced for UNARMED1. It now uses the update that had been on the AirMod site. It no longer has full-auto fire and now has the alternating strike anims and is enabled to use simple blocking.

-The firing sound for UNARMED1, UNARMED3 and KNUCKLES have been replaced in this update.

-KATANA and UNARMED3 (zombie melee) now use burst fire.

Remember to clean .DBOs!

Thanks to those who contributed gunspec rotations and such, even if they were not used.

I will later make part3 vid and take care of the zoom idle issue. I believe the JSCS clips through the camera plane when firing. this will also be addressed. It also appears BETA4/BETA5 is working fine with the new gunspec layout so I may update that as well. For now, I just wanted to get these all out there.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 07:00
thanks Errant.

skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 17:41
Here's my review of the Model Pack 9 Gunspecs.
Before I begin, these are all still in progress, but they are by no means bad to any extent. Errant has done a good job, and remember that they were never intended for this purpose.

Hahah, Errant, I'm making your life so much harder...

NOTE: I am using the 1.17 Beta 5.
(Right click, reload trick is the trick I display in the middle of my above video for the M16 gunspec. When I say it freezes, I mean that you can no longer shoot, reload, switch weapons, or go out of ironsights mode. You can however, turn and aim, and move at the slower Ironsights walk speed.)

MP9:

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Noted. The list will be helpful as I make another pass at these today though some of that is outside of the capabilities of the media.

Even at the current limited zoomgunlag levels for the ARs, missing geometry can be noticed. Any more loose and it would be readily apparent. Off axis recoil and lack of blocking will not be changed by these updates. Likewise, MP9/10 weaps will never support the empty gun animation system, gun melee, 3D zoom, asymmetric dual wielding (with the exception of UNARMED1 and the M67FRAG; both now support PBUM dual wielding though the grnade is a bit of a hack) and a laundry list of other advanced features which much of my current GCS media was designed to support.

The right-click reload thing is not an Airmod feature; it's an exploit bug which will need to be tracked down and eliminated. Any an animation is interrupted to go to another you are likely to see any number of wierd glitches because FPSC attempts to interpolate between the two frames. There is also an exploit with zooming out during the zoom end fire which will also need to be looked at in code.

As always, I recommend developers tweak things as they like for their games including settings and sounds. The intent here was to get everything to a base level for people to work from. Today will likely be the last day I work on these things as I need to get back to other projects.
skaterdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2010 00:41 Edited at: 17th Jul 2010 00:43
@Errant AI

I understand about the AR's. I've seen the abominable truth about the right side of them. Given the circumstances you had at the time of their creation, with FPSC's underpowered engine, you made a great choice to increase their perfomance in people's games, and we fully understand that.

The off axis recoil was actually a good note. Revolvers/Magnums are very well known for the way they recoil, and your recoil animations fit well.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to add those features, as it would require subtantial .x file reworking, and would take away from the benefit and incentives of buying weapons from the TGC Store.

I knew it wasn't a feature (hence the word 'trick'), but simply a zoom bug. I figured the Airmod animation pipeline had the command that removes the zoom and ironsight movement for the reload animation a little too far down the timer list. With your animation freezing, it makes sense that it would cause the Airmod brain to lose self control and mess up things.

For your consideration, we appreciate your efforts in this ordeal. Your base settings will provide a more than effective starting point for tweakers, such as myself, for years to come. Thank you.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2010 22:49
Thanks Errant... you saved me around 3 Game Ideas...

lets be honest, the guns are the best in every game

Thanks a bunch!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2010 21:26
@Errant AI: hehe...so... everything is running has planed right ? thanks by the gunspecs mate !!! and a thanks for the guys of the tgc by the outstanding update !!!

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2010 20:16
thre is any manual about the new commands ? the rotational an that weird horizontal and vertical commands. where you guys are keeping us updated ? i didn't found a thing in the ''white search box''.
so anyone knows anything ?

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
thedarkwolf333
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know where I can find the line of code that determines the sound that plays when the player aims down the sights? The 1911 from MP9 currently plays the cocking sound every time I aim with it, and I'd like to change that. I can't find it in the gunspec for some reason.
lambofrk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Errant and the others who helped. This will make our games so much better.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2010 15:47
man I love the unarmed 1, it now reminds me of morrowind!

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Look I just have V1.16 and Project Green but all the weapons from MP10 became very bad with very bad zoom except dynamic zoom.
Is that right or they should be very good looking in V1.17?
By very bad I mean the weapons are not fit with the point of shooting,like you shout somewhere but the bullet goes somewhere else.
And for reloading of JSCbreecher it just goes down and I couldn't see it while reloading.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
No Answer?

I am PaYaM
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 16:58
Have anyone else got problems with some weapons firing when going to ironsights?

Example: all the M203 weapons of MP9/10 fire (or at least make the fire sound) when entering ironsight.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Scurvy Lobster , what version are you running and what's your FPS? There was some frame slop with the timer system when FPS is lagged (causing the animation to roll into the fire anim framerange which hardcode triggers the sound to play) but I thought that was fixed now.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 19:56 Edited at: 25th Jan 2011 20:01
I'm using V118 beta 5. I have 60 FPS. Mostly the military weapons fire shots irregularly.

Examples can be seen in the attached wmv video file (Fraps has lowered frame rate to 50 in the video but it also happens at 60 FPS). All of the single shots heard are not fired by me. It occurs when switching to iron sights. There are even some shots when I walk around with iron sights active.

I am using freshly downloaded versions of MP9/10 that have the same gunspec files as are posted in this thread as far as I can tell.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 21:23
I have the same thing errant. Using V1.18 V5 but had it since 1.17. When I go in and out of iron site the gun shoots. Annoying really xD

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
I also get gun fire sounds when in ironsights. Also, when you reload the automatic weapons before their clips are at 0, it adds an extra bullet.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 05:57
Quote: "Also, when you reload the automatic weapons before their clips are at 0, it adds an extra bullet."

Is that an error? I'm ignorant about guns but I thought that was deliberate because a bullet would have already been in the chamber?

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 07:04
Quote: "I'm ignorant about guns but I thought that was deliberate because a bullet would have already been in the chamber?"

Yeah, it's an Airmod setting; "chamberedround = 1" in the gunspec file under Airmod settings. Changing the 1 to 0 will turn it off.

Kravenwolf

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
@Eggie,now it is like the real world

But sometimes the reloading sounds doesn't play.

I am PaYaM
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I'l be looking into the zoom sound issue today- should be a simple fix.

Quote: "But sometimes the reloading sounds doesn't play."

Due to the way the timer system works, sometimes the soundframe which triggers the sound to play gets skipped over causing the sound not to play if your FPS drops below 30.

Quote: "I thought that was deliberate because a bullet would have already been in the chamber?"

Correct.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Yay double-post

Updated attachment in the OP with zoom fire sound bug fixes.

Let me know if the problem persists. It seems fine for me now.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 12:17
Thanks for the updates Errant AI

Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Errant,
Are you going to update the model packs so they are similar to model pack 53. For example, make a button for the m16 grebade launcher instead of having to switch weapons?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 06:31
I would actually like an update like this as well. I would love to see running animations for all the different weapons (RPK, m16) ect. Kind of awkward the bouncing.

BenJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 08:17
Can anyone tell me where to change the crosshair setting ? Like, turn crosshair off and on. And, is there any script that helps MP9/10/53 users to automatically turn off crosshair when aiming down sights ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 16:48:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 16:48:25