Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Indigo Full Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 06:30 Edited at: 6th Nov 2010 17:45

One last Indigo Demo before it's released to the public. Many of the suggestions that were made regarding my last IDE project can be found in Indigo.

Some basic features:
> Versatile Syntax Highlighting - Keywords, user functions, labels, variables, constants, types.
> Full Element Indexing - All functions / labels / types / variables / constants from all files (opened or not) are indexed.
> Intellisense (Auto Suggest) - If you cannot remember an Element name (built-in or user-defined), just start the keyword (ie: coll) then hit Ctrl+Space for a list of matching Elements.
> Intellisense for UDT's - Quickly get to the attributes of your User Defined Types. Type your UDT and following the 'Dot' press Crtl+Space, and the 'Auto Suggest' produces the list of Attributes for the UDT.
> Line Folding - Clear valuable coding space by folding Functions / Labels as well as IF / FOR / SELECT / Loop statements.
> Full Project Search and Replace - Search across all files in your project. The results are provided in another window. Select a result and jump to it that line of your code.
> Multi-line Commenting - Comment large (or small) selections of your code with a 'Hotkey combination' or a toolbar button. Uncommenting is just as easy.
> Multiple Auto Save Options - Save-On-Open, Compile, or even every minute (adjustable to your liking). Never lose that precious code again.
> Built-in ToDo List - Store To-Do items in the project.
> Compile Dialog - See the exact error details & program trace for when the compiler reports an incorrect line number.
> Snippet Library - Easily store and retrieve often-used code snippets.
> Function Parameter Help - Type in a Function name and the list of arguments will appear at the bottom of the screen. Works with user functions as well.
> Go to Definition - Right-click on any Element in your code and you can select Go to Definition to jump to that part of your code, make any changes, such as resizing an array.
> Change 'Include' Order - Easily change the sequence that 'Includes' are loaded.
> Include and Routine Dropdowns - Another way to quickly move between Source files and their Routines (Functions and Labels).
> Plugin DLL Keyword Listing
> On-the-fly help system

Some bonus features:
> See Intellisense Sooner - Have 'Auto Suggest' appear after typing 3 characters (or however many you'd like) rather then manually with Crtl+Space.
> Intellisense for UDT's after '.' - Option to have 'Auto Suggest' appear once you press the 'Dot' after your UDT.
> Automatic Line Folding - Option to have source file open with all lines folded.
> Fold Preview - Preview the contents of a folded section without unfolding.
> Error Preview - Know what the error is without having the error message pop up. See the error comments by hovering over the error indicator.
> Auto Fold Multi-line Commenting - Option to 'Auto Fold ' when using RemStart / RemEnd.
> Routine Dropdown Update - The Routine dropdown updates to the current Routine (Function or Label) that the caret is in. Making it very easy to know where you are when the Function or Label heading is not visible.

Some screenshots:(Warning: these are of the Full Version)
UDT Auto Suggest, Element mouseover info, Element side panel

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/balid2000/preview-1.gif

Fold Preview and Global Search with Results

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/balid2000/preview2.gif

Syntax Error Checking, Error Message Preview (with mouseover), and Routines dropdown

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/balid2000/preview3.gif

Options - General

Options - Text Editor

Options - Colorize

Some special thank you's:
Thank you to tiresius and Scraggle for testing and I really appreciate your time and feedback on Indigo.

Link:
Follow this to the Download link - [edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit]

Please see the new posting in Program Announcements http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=176316&b=5

Regards,

Indigo - A DBPro IDE Alternative
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 13:17
What about thanks to me for saying that it should have an indigo logo not a blue one. xD

Booma
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't start editor, only some gui of interface loading... I install this editor by default on WindowsXP SP3
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 18:20 Edited at: 20th Sep 2010 23:26
Booma,

Please try this. I believe the way I am doing the Color Themes is causing the issue (as it was noted in testing). I removed the color themes from this version.

This one will install in the same Demo folder but with the name Indigo st.

[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit]

Regards,

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2010 18:18
I'd love to try this out but is it going to be free for the full version (sounds like it won't)?

If not, I'm sorry but I don't want to love something I'm going to have to pay for when I can make do with the many free editors...

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2010 19:56 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2010 20:20
baxslash,

My intent to have a free version and with a minimum donation of $ (to be determined) you get an activation key to unlock the extra's. Which currently are:

> Adjustable Syntax Highlighting - Adjust the highlight coloring as well as more font options.
> See Intellisense Sooner - Have 'Auto Suggest' appear after typing 3 characters (or however many you'd like) rather then manually with Crtl+Space.
> Intellisense for UDT's after '.' - Option to have 'Auto Suggest' appear once you press the 'Dot' after your UDT.
> Automatic Line Folding - Option to have source file open with all lines folded.
> Fold Preview - Preview the contents of a folded section without unfolding.
> Error Preview - Know what the error is without having the error message pop up. See the error comments by hovering over the error indicator.
> Auto Fold Multi-line Commenting - Option to 'Auto Fold ' when using RemStart / RemEnd.
> Routine Dropdown Update - The Routine dropdown updates to the current Routine (Function or Label) that the caret is in. Making it very easy to know where you are when the Function or Label heading is not visible.
> Dockable Windows - Able to change the position of the windows.

The free Lite version will (most likely) not increase in functionality. But will still benefit from bug fixes.

I completely understand where you're coming from. That is why I program and build / repair as much as I can myself. If can make it, then I don't have to buy it. And having a very low budget helps.

Please review the list of basic (Lite) features and for the Full Version. In my opinion, the Indigo Lite version is still as functional as the other free IDE's and a step up from BlueIDE 2 (which I was involved in developing and is not slam).

I hope you would reconsider taking a look at Indigo as I enjoy any comments.

Regards,

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2010 22:20
Adjustable Syntax Highlighting- is free in most if not all editors.
See Intellisense Sooner- or the option to set the number of characters is something that any editor with intellisense has.
Intellisense for UDT's after '.'- yes this might be useful although I tend to use no more than about 3 characters anyway personally.
Automatic Line Folding- it would be nice to have this actually work in any editor...
Fold Preview- why? A simple click does the same thing in less time than, say hovering over something...
Error Preview- would this detect errors before compiling?
Auto Fold Multi-line Commenting- could be quite useful
Routine Dropdown Update- not sure I understand what this does, sorry!
Dockable Windows- would be a shame not to have this free as many of the free editors already do...

I will take a look as there are a large number of features but I don't see that it will 'sell' when there are so many free editors (including the new TGC editor which seems pretty solid to me).

Great work, don't get me wrong I really like the style and features but it'll have a lot of free competition!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 00:46 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2010 00:52
baxslash,

Free vs not free, is a decision that I'm still undecided on. I’m not a fan of the Donate model. In the over 2 years of developing BlueIDE 2, 1 (one) person donated. Which I am still very grateful, and because of that, I didn’t shut down BlueIDE 2 sooner. I don’t want this to be a ‘pity me rant’ so I’ll stop right there.

I will agree to this; to offer Indigo, free and donation driven. Donation driven being, no public support = no public development. Is it too much to ask that users donate a dollar or 2 (or 10) to help keep the development of a product that they use going?

My intent with Indigo was to have it as an evolution of BlueIDE 2 (while still a separate product) and I’ll answer your points from that perspective. And with the other editors being CodeSurge, Synergy, and BlueIDE 2 (I’ve not used the new default IDE. I probably should someday.)

1. Adjustable Syntax Highlighting- is free in most if not all editors. – BlueIDE 2 (imho) is the most versatile next to Indigo. Synergy is close but I don’t believe you can change the font style (ie bold, italic) from the default (or even the font) for each of the syntax areas.
2. See Intellisense Sooner- or the option to set the number of characters is something that any editor with intellisense has. – I don’t find this option in the other editors.
3. Intellisense for UDT's after '.'- yes this might be useful although I tend to use no more than about 3 characters anyway personally. – ok
4. Automatic Line Folding- it would be nice to have this actually work in any editor... – Agree, Indigo is the only one that was worked for me. The ‘auto’ part here is when opening files by the way .
5. Fold Preview- why? A simple click does the same thing in less time than, say hovering over something... – The spot that you hover over is same spot you would click, and depending on your computer, the preview would probably show in about the same time that one would click. Granted, speed demons would win every time.
6. Error Preview- would this detect errors before compiling? – This would be another hover over the error marker and the error would be displayed. (Need to refine this a bit, I don’t like how it looks, but it works.) This would be used in conjunction with the ‘hide error message window’ option. You would see the line has a syntax error without the annoying pop up and know with the error is by hovering on the error indicator.
7. Auto Fold Multi-line Commenting- could be quite useful –
8. Routine Dropdown Update- not sure I understand what this does, sorry! – Think of Visual Studio (if you’ve used VS that is), when you’re in a Routine the dropdown updates to the Routine that your caret is in. I really like that, as my Routines can cover several pages.
9. Dockable Windows- would be a shame not to have this free as many of the free editors already do... – True, I didn’t like the fact that BlueIDE 2 didn’t have dockable windows.

One last note on the pay to play concept – hyrichter was looking to sell CodeSurge 2. This may sound odd, but I don’t want to stop him from being able to do that. As you’ve pointed out, there is some stiff competition with the free editors. If there was at least one other pay based editor, they would hopefully propel each other. And we’d both be able to afford a little something at Christmas for our work.

I will try the Donate option, may be tie new features to Donations; ask for a feature, put down a dollar or two (or 10) and wow, it’s in the next release. I like that idea (especially the ‘or 10’ part). But seriously, if you use it, please donate. And that goes for any free software you use. {That was directed at everyone reading, not just baxslash }

Quote: "Great work, don't get me wrong I really like the style and features but it'll have a lot of free competition!"

Please don't get me wrong with my response. You bring some very good points. It helps me decide what direction to take Indigo.

Regards,

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 02:41
First I noticed was a bug when running the code. When I save a file, I'm never asked to save a DBPRO file, just the DBA. So therefore, when I compile, it places the EXE in the TEMP directory and not the one with the code. However, when the IDE attempts to run the newly compiled EXE, I believe it's still looking in the folder with the code, not the TEMP and thus prompts an error code "unable to find blah blah blah".

The other thing is the function folding. The brackets are inaccurate and placed several of them next to a TEXT command the folded down to an endif.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" ~ Arthur C. Clarke
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 04:16
Phaelax,

Could you tell me the steps that you did and expected to get the 'Save DBPro file' but didn't. I notice that if I cancel the first time Indigo asks to the save the DBPro it doesn't ask again.

Could you attach a screenshot or the part of the source that has the inaccurate brackets?

Thank you and regards,

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2010 10:30
Quote: "I will try the Donate option, may be tie new features to Donations; ask for a feature, put down a dollar or two (or 10) and wow, it’s in the next release. I like that idea (especially the ‘or 10’ part). But seriously, if you use it, please donate. And that goes for any free software you use."

It's not really 'donating' if it's not an option is it? What you are asking is a minimum 'payment'. That said I can see several people 'paying' for the full version and I have 'donated' towards several programs over the years and 'payed' for many more... hope you don't think I'm being facetious over the definition it's just that when you say donation that's what it should be IMO.

I haven't had a chance to actually try the software yet but rest assured I will as I know as well as you that any critisism is better than none at all

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
BTW what is the "Dark Basic Professional Install Path"?

swis
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 20:47
swissolo,

That is where DBPro is installed. This was from BlueIDE 2 and useful to me when having multiple versions of DBPro installed at once. You can change which instance of DBPro you use.

Regards,
Craig

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
What file are you looking for? Indigo couldn't find it on it's own.

swis
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 05:05 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 13:58
swissolo,

I'm not understanding your question. Are you trying to say that Indigo is not able to determine your default install path to DBPro? It looks in the registry to determine where DBPro is installed.

If you are getting an error could you please post a screenshot of it?

If you're not getting an error, are you asking what file to look for to determine which folder to use? If so, I referenced the folder that contained the 'launch.exe'.

Regards,

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 06:45
Here's a screenshot of the function folding in the wrong places (see attached)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 17:37
Phaelax,

Thank you. I fixed a version of that error already and I think I know how to prevent this one.

Regards,

Booma
Years of Service
User Offline
Very interesting work! If you can fix all bugs - your editor will be the best for DBPro. I can start only standart version with out visual styles
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 19:14 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 19:26
Quote: "I'm not understanding your question. Are you trying to say that Indigo is not able to determine your default install path to DBPro?"

Yep. DBP isn't on my default drive so nothing ever finds it properly.

Oh, and launch.exe doesn't work either. (bottom one) It just clears it.

swis

Attachments

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 19:33
Despite several updates to the new DBPro editor, I STILL use BlueIDE and have loved it from the day I first opened it.

Looking forward to using this one, and donating to get a key.

Good stuff!! Keep it up!!

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
BTW, I tested blue IDE 2 and it found the DBP directory without any problems.

swis
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 00:56 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 00:58
Quote: "Very interesting work! If you can fix all bugs - your editor will be the best for DBPro."

booma,
Thank you. That's my intent with the beta testing (both private and public). I am working on a basic theme scheme that will mimic your Windows color theme. That version will have all of the functionality of the other version minus the adjustable Color Theme (for now).

Quote: "BTW, I tested blue IDE 2 and it found the DBP directory without any problems. "

swissolo,
Very interesting. Could you send me the log file?

Quote: "Oh, and launch.exe doesn't work either. (bottom one) It just clears it."

You need to reference the folder that has the "launch.exe" file. My path is 'C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional Online'.

I take it you probably have your executables on a seperate drive then your Windows. Windows on 'C:' and DBPro on 'D:' or something like that?

Quote: "Looking forward to using this one, and donating to get a key. "

KISTech,
Thank you. I'm hoping that all BlueIDE 2 lovers will become believers in Indigo as I have. I didn't know enough to create an IDE on my own until my work on BlueIDE 2 and I want to put as much of the functionality that I find useful in other IDE's as I can into Indigo. To include those that others find useful.

Regards,

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 02:01 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 02:21
Attached. (yeah, launch.exe picks Dark Basic Professional(The folder))
Edit: BTW, it would be great instead of having to press control+space if all of the posible solutions were automatically listed somewhere, or maybe that could be an option?

swis

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 03:34 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 03:37
swissolo,

where do you have DBPro installed. Is it also on the 'E:' drive? It looks like you're running 64 bit, Vista or 7?

I have direct access to XP and Vista, both 32 bit. So I am not too surprised by issues with a 64 bit set up. This will probably take a little investigating. So any information about your system spec's and how you have Windows and DBPro installed would be very helpful.

Quote: "Edit: BTW, it would be great instead of having to press control+space if all of the posible solutions were automatically listed somewhere, or maybe that could be an option?"

Are you talking about all of the keywords in a list just like how the 'Code Elements' are on the right panel? I can certainly do that.

Regards,

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 04:36 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 18:54
Quote: "Are you talking about all of the keywords in a list just like how the 'Code Elements' are on the right panel?"

Well, it's broken for me , but from the pictures you posted, yes, I think so, but only the ones that applied to what you're typing of course.

Win 7, 64-bit, DBP = E drive

Edit: This is codesurge 2, but it has the general idea of what I'm talking about http://www.cncgadgets.com/images/command_completion.jpg

swis
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 00:17 Edited at: 20th Sep 2010 23:28
Phaelax,
Folding on quoted colon fixed.

swissolo,
I added a routine to hopefully pull the DBPro install path from where 64 bit OS put 32 bit programs in the registry. I thought the function that I'm using did that but I am forcing it to look in 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Dark Basic\Dark Basic Pro' of the registry. Please let me know if that works.

Quote: "Edit: BTW, it would be great instead of having to press control+space if all of the posible solutions were automatically listed somewhere, or maybe that could be an option?"

Already there. "See Intellisense Sooner - Have 'Auto Suggest' appear after typing 3 characters (or however many you'd like) rather then manually with Crtl+Space." Though I need to fine tune it a bit.

Everyone,
I have adjusted the inserting of 'scancode' and 'keystate'. [Ctrl+K] brings up the 'Insert Keystate' pop-up and [Crtl+Shift+K] brings up the 'Insert Scancode' pop-up.

I have also made a modification to the 'st' (Single Theme) version. It should change to the system default colors. But as it's a hybrid (between the first st version and full) it may crash like the full version for some. If so, I have a couple of options left.

[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit] - Temp Web Site
[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit] - Full Demo
[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit] - st Version

Regards,

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 05:09
Quote: "Despite several updates to the new DBPro editor, I STILL use BlueIDE"

Because the default IDE doesn't even have something as simple as ctrl+S functionality among other basic GUI features?

Quote: "
Phaelax,
Folding on quoted colon fixed."

Cool, I didn't even notice that was the pattern.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 05:29
Quote: "Cool, I didn't even notice that was the pattern."

Screenshots, gotta love em.

Phaelax,
You mentioned an issue with saving. Can you be more specific as to how / when Indigo is not asking to save the DBPro file when you think it should or is my example pretty much it?

Regards,

Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
If this has all the features it looks like it does, I'd be willing to donate/buy it. It'd be nice to have indentation and sensible code folding that isn't all scraggly (no offense to scraggle).

Is't life, I ask, is't even prudence, to bore thyself and bore thy students?
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 13:27
If this has all the features it looks like it does, I'd be willing to donate/buy it. It'd be nice to be able to code with a clear head instead of having my neurons all fuzzy (no offense to Neuro fuzzy).

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think that's entirely what I ment, it may also be broken for me but it seemed to just clear what I had typed "make obj" was suddenly "make" for some reason and "funct" was cleared away.

swis
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 00:44
swissolo,

Sorry, but I really don't have a way to duplicate what you are describing (no 64 bit Windows 7). So you type "make obj" and then what? [Crtl+Space] or anything?

Regards,

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Crtl+Space or the auto suggest after 3 characters. What I was originally talking about wouldn't alter what you're typing in any way, unless you clicked on something in a list I guess.

swis
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 03:31 Edited at: 10th Aug 2010 03:32
swissolo,

That sounds like an issue in Scintilla. There is a newer version of that control. I will get it and modify it work with Indigo. It may take a week or so though. If that doesn't fix it then I'd take a look at creating my own auto-suggest completion routine (which would probably be at least two weeks or longer as by that time I'll be at school half time).

Did the default DBPro install path issue get resolved?

Regards,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 06:03
Latest demo build works for me, XP SP3. Thanks Balid!

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 18:44 Edited at: 10th Aug 2010 18:52
No, it still doesn't work. I'll try reinstalling DBP, it can't hurt, and that often solves odd problems like this.
Edit:

swis
WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 21:09 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 03:06
Downloaded the Full Demo.
Looking to test this today. As soon as I do, I will drop my findings here...

It looks awesome BTW!

[Edited...]
Every time I tried to navigate my source code with the cursor keys, it kept giving me that same debug window (as shown above with other testers' tries)-- with every key press. Even when I clicked into the window from another window or the desktop.

Also, every time I highlighted (click-drag) the cursor to be able to use "cut-paste" or "copy-paste", it gave me the same debug window-- Unhandled Exception...

It looks nice and handles well, but with all of these problems, it's hard to really use. I hope these can all be fixed.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 23:52 Edited at: 10th Aug 2010 23:53
tiresius,
The Full version or the st? (because I know you problems with the previous Full version).
[edit]oh yeah, thanks for the update. [/edit]

swissolo,

Thank you for trying Indigo. Or at least trying to try. I'm at a loss and without a 64 bit Win 7 system to develop on, I dought that I will be able to resolve the issue. The amazing thing to me is that BlueIDE 2 seems to work for you. I received an email from someone on 64 bit Win 7, stating that BlueIDE 2 didn't work for him. I sent him Indigo and it seemed to work for him. At least he didn't email back saying that didn't work.

Anitarquious I,
Thank you. I look forward to your comments.

Regards,

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 00:37
Quote: "
Phaelax,
You mentioned an issue with saving. Can you be more specific as to how / when Indigo is not asking to save the DBPro file when you think it should or is my example pretty much it?"

I launch Indigo, click save. I'm never prompted to save a dbpro file, and the "save project as" menu item always shows disabled.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2010 22:35 Edited at: 20th Sep 2010 23:35
A few more defects fixed and additions.

Added -Basic printing
Added - If you jump to a line that is inside of a fold, that section will unfold.

[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit] - Temp Web Site
[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit] - Full Demo
[edit]removed link, demo expired[/edit] - st Version

Phaelax,

What OS are you running?

Quote: "and the "save project as" menu item always shows disabled."
I'm still working on that. I want it to do more than just create a new dbpro file. I want to actually be able create/copy the current project as a new one if needed.

Regards,

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2010 21:31
Just found this! Don't have time to test now (late for work), but downloaded. I did notice the download was wicked slow. Is it the host you are using? If you need space and a site I'm be glad to set you up something like www.balid.mapmasterz.com or www.indigo.mapmasterz.com

In any case this looks awesome. I'll buy it. I was a hardcore blue ide man, but sadly it won't let me compile under win 7 This would be a great replacement it seems.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 06:16
Lost in Thought,

I would like to discuss your offer more. You may experience some problems running Indigo on 64 bit Win 7 though.

Debug Win 7 (especially 64 bit) will take some time as both of my computers run 32 bit (XP and Vista). I however have just found part time access to a 64 bit Win 7 machine to do some debugging on. I will be limiting my access to it as it is at work.

Regards,

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 12:43
Just ran a few tests and it won't find the dbp path on it's own or save it when I type it in/ find it for it. It also won't let me compile though probably for the same reason. I tried both versions.

You can get ahold of me through my email on here and let me know what you want to discuss. The email addy in the tag under my posts is my main email addy. I can give you any additional contact info you need so we can talk through other means if needed.

I can probabaly help you on occasion with testing for win 7 64 bit support. I'd really like to see this product fully functional

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2010 08:30
Running XP SP3 (32-bit)

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2010 16:30
Phaelax,

I've added to the logging to try to see what is happening for you. When I open Indigo and click save I get this.

I've got XP Pro 2002 SP3. Does anything else seem to not work for you (besides the Save Project As)?

Regards,

BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 08:42 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 08:54
Hi Balid, just compiled and ran PacMan++ from the Code Snippets board with Indigo on Windows 7 64-bit.

Didn't do a lot of editing, but the Ctrl+Space seemed to work, it popped up all the functions and variables declared in the file starting with the characters I typed.

The second time I started up Indigo, Windows got mad saying it didn't have permission to access %Program Files%\Indigo Demo\log.txt (or something like that), but telling it to Run as Administrator in the exe properties' Compatibility tab fixed it.

[EDIT]Although it always asks me for my DBPro path every time I run it. Maybe I missed something in your readme, if so I apologize.

Any plans to have auto-complete for DBPro commands in addition to user defined functions and variables/types? It seems like Indigo demo implements one aspect of auto-completion and the CodeSurge 2 preview implements the other. But I may be mistaken (it's a tad late ).

Check out this WIP flash game from the Global Game Jam!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 09:04 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 09:48
Hrm it always says failed to 'loaddba' here on compiling. I also have the same problem with the path ... I have ran it as admin and under compatibility for every kind 0_o

[edit] Never mind! It's compiling now ... it just didn't like that one project for some reason. Opens and compiles the others so far. If we had this install path thing whipped it'd be pretty good.

[edit2] Sweet mother of wiggy fives ... I'm loving this editor. It just needs the f3 search like the original blue had. I could highlight text and press f3 and I'd search what I had highlighted.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 00:04
Quote: "...it always asks me for my DBPro path every time I run it."
Do you get an error message when you click 'OK' on the Options dialog?

Quote: "Any plans to have auto-complete for DBPro commands in addition ..."
Actually, they’re the first to be loaded. You have to start on the first word though. hyrichter beat me to the punch on that one. I feel the way that CodeSurge 2 handles auto-complete is better way. I just haven't worked out a good way to do it in Indigo.

Quote: "Sweet mother of wiggy fives ... I'm loving this editor."
LOL (or LMAO) I think we have a winner. I trust I can quote you for promotional purposes?
Quote: "It just needs the f3 search like the original blue had"
LIT, would you expect this to a Global or Local search? If Global (all source files) that would take 2 minutes to add. You can do that now with [Ctrl+Shift+F] (or should be able to) .

Regards,

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 00:20
There is no error on clicking ok after manually typing in the path. The ide just doesn't remember it on next startup.

Yeah I want f3 to do the same thing Ctrl+Shift+F does now ... that's just too many keys lol. Of course the original blue gave you an option to choose from global or local ... but I really only use it locally myself so far.

BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2010 05:48
The Options dialog seems happy. After it throws up the error, the Options dialog pops up and I enter my path (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional), and hit Ok and the dialog closes like normal. I can compile and run everything fine as well. The error only happens each time I start an instance of the IDE.

Here's the exact error, I'm sure this was obvious, but just wanted to be sure you had all the info:

Quote: "[WINDOW_TITLE]Default DBPro Install Path Error[/WINDOW_TITLE]

An error occured while trying to determine the default DarkBASIC Pro install path.
Please set the default DarkBASIC Pro install path in Options"

Check out this WIP flash game from the Global Game Jam!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:16:32