Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Indigo - A DBPro IDE Alternative

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 01:27 Edited at: 7th Jul 2012 01:37
The coloured bars in the line view don't seem to correlate to anything in the code. Maybe folded functions are confusing it? I have bars appearing long after the code has finished.

[Edit] After further experimenting, it seems that the line view assumes the code takes up the full height of the code window. But if the code is only a few lines long, that is when it gets confused.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 05:09
I tried out the IDE a bit more (was helping someone solve an error they were having) and found a bit of a minor annoyance. I can't copy text from the compiler error dialog (via Ctrl + C), and there's no right-click menu for that either. Adding this in would be helpful for similar situations.

Feature Request
If they're not there already, I would appreciate two features.
(1) Line margin. (I enabled vertical line, but that appears to be for tabs.) Would be great to keep the code nice and clean.
(2) A way to uniformly change font/size. (Options -> Colorize.) I have to adjust them all manually.

Cheers,
Aaron

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 06:00
Scraggle,
The color bars line up to each line in the open file. They adjust based on the number of lines. The fewer lines, the thicker the bars.

Aaron,

In regards to request 2. When you change the values for 'Default'. Each of the. Other options that matched the original, will adjust to match the new value set in 'Default'.

All the best,

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 07:22
Quote: "In regards to request 2. When you change the values for 'Default'. Each of the. Other options that matched the original, will adjust to match the new value set in 'Default'."

I'm looking for an unconditional change option. :[/i])
Alternatively, Notepad++ has a "blank" field for the fonts and sizes, which allows them to use the settings found in "Default." Something similar would also be good.

Overall it's not a big feature, just an idea. i]
)

Cheers,
Aaron

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 00:25
MINOR feedback: load 3dsound is code highlighted with a red '3' at the start of '3dsound'. It thinks the 3 represents a literal rather than being a part of the function.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 04:50
Chris Tate,

Thank you, I'll look into it.

All the best,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 05:44 Edited at: 12th Jul 2012 05:47
v1.3.2 beta 5 has been uploaded.

Change log:
+ Tab close button is now on each tab. (Just for you Admiral MH. Actually I've wanted to do that for awhile.)
+ Added a mouse hover routine to the Line Overview that show's what Function or Label the mouse is in.
+ Many visual improvements to the Line Overview.
+ Line Overview adjusts better to source files with few lines in them.
> Many minor defect fixes. Like misspellings and the 'Replace' Edit menu option.

Indigo Site

Enjoy and all the best,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 13:00
It is getting better and better. I like the new features; especially the line overview.

Just a question; do you get an error message from Indigo when you resize the windows taskbar? I do in XP, but it may not be the case in Win7. It happens with the Indigo instance that is active; (the selected window)

Note that if I press continue, Indigo still runs.

Error message:
Quote: "See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Developer\AppData\Local\Indigo\config\DockPanel.config' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.Persistor.SaveAsXml(DockPanel dockPanel, String fileName, Encoding encoding)
at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.Persistor.SaveAsXml(DockPanel dockPanel, String fileName)
at WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.SaveAsXml(String fileName)
at frmCodeElements.(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Indigo
Assembly Version: 1.3.2.4
Win32 Version: 1.3.2.4
CodeBase: file:///D:/Tools/Indigo%20v1.3.2%20Beta/Indigo.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking
Assembly Version: 2.5.0.2000
Win32 Version: 2.5.0.2000
CodeBase: file:///D:/Tools/Indigo%20v1.3.2%20Beta/WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
ScintillaNet
Assembly Version: 2.2.4568.17413
Win32 Version: 2.2.0.1
CodeBase: file:///D:/Tools/Indigo%20v1.3.2%20Beta/ScintillaNet.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

"

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 17:22
Chris Tate,

Thank you. Sounds like your running multiple instances of Indigo? I tend to run just one. It looks like the config file is locked while Indigo is trying to update it. Do you have anti-virus software scanning that folder or auto-back up software running?

I've added some error trapping around updating the config file that should take care if the issue regardless. I'm also looking at adding more flexibility around running multiple instances.

All the best,

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 17:39
This is fantastic!

I have 3 feature requests:

-An option to make tab not insert tabs, but 3 spaces instead.
-A shortcut key (like CTRL+L) to jump to a specific line number.
-The ability to open the same source file in different windows.

TheComet

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 21:18
Quote: "-An option to make tab not insert tabs, but 3 spaces instead."

-An option to make tab not insert tabs, but n spaces instead. Where n is a user-defined configurable number.

Cheers,
Aaron

Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 11:55
I've just started using this again now, I am greatly impressed.

while people are throwing out feature requests I though I might throw one out there too.

how about under the new project option, having a new template option, where you can set up a basic project, with media folders, dlls and some initial code in the dba file. you could then save it as a template.

you can then start a new project from the template for those times where you have an idea and just wanna blast it out without having to set up everything before you can get started.

I just find there are some default media files and dlls that I am always importing for my initial projects.

I know I can cut and paste in windows but, this would just be as simple as new from template/select template/name project/name files

set to go.

Just an idea. realistically your IDE already does more handy stuff than i knew i wanted.

I think I am converted.

good work mate.

Sometimes I like to use words out of contents
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 23:59 Edited at: 21st Jul 2012 00:49
I think this is my first real criticism bur I really don't like the big X's you've put on the tabs.
I know you've put them in as a user request but I think they are too big.
My order of preference for the method of closing tabs:

1. No X - right click on the tab to get a close option
2. No X - until you mouse over the tab
3. Smaller X's
4. Leave them as they are - but I am tempted to use an earlier version because they are just too ugly and distracting.

Current:

Suggestion:

Sorry for my first negative comment so to make up for it - Indigo IDE is awesome! It is the single most important piece of software any DBP programmer could wish for!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 00:06 Edited at: 21st Jul 2012 00:07
@TheComet

Quote: "
-A shortcut key (like CTRL+L) to jump to a specific line number.
"

That is already an option - it's Ctrl+G. Although it would be much better if you could jump to any line in the project and not just the current document.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 01:55
Scraggle,

I agree, the next beta release already has smaller X's. Though not as small as in your example. I'm still getting up to speed in how the control is coded and figuring out what and where I need to tweak. I am planning on the right click context menu, to include a 'close me' and a 'close all but me' option. And like with most things in Indigo, there will be an option to turn off the X.

The Comet,
As Scraggle mentioned there is the Ctrl+G. However that is only good for the current document. I am working on adding the Ctrl+L shortcut to bring up the 'Project' Goto Line dialog. I will be adding it as Ctrl+Shift+G though. Currently the Ctrl+L is used by the Scintilla control to delete the current line.

All the best,

Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 09:47 Edited at: 21st Jul 2012 09:50
Balid, please, add option: "double-click on tab for close" or "show close X button".

upd:
(like in Opera browser).

error #0101:
- english language conflicts with a brains of this rabbit.
free fonts for your AGKs!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 06:06
Scraggle and Scary Little Rabbit,

I think you'll be happy with this beta release . Though there's no mouse over the tab close.

v.1.3.2 beta 6 has been uploaded.

Full change log (so far):

Line Overview - Get a quick overview of the location of functions, labels, comments, declarations, errors, and multiple instances of selected words.
Tab Closing - Added options to have a close button to be on the tab's themselves, double click the tab to close, or use the orginal close button on the document strip.
Highlighting - Added highlighting of matching brackets.
Highlighting - Added highlighting of multiple instances of selected words.
Folding - Able to fold all but this Element (Function or Label). [Right click and select.]
Folding - Able to select a Function or Label from the Element window and have all but that Element fold. {Activated version}
Goto Line - Added [Ctrl + Shift + G] to bring up the Goto Line for the project. [Ctrl + G] still brings up the Goto Line for document.
Text Editor - Added option to use spaces in place of tabs.
Compile Dialog - Now able to copy out of the Additional Information window on the Compile dialog.
Misc - Added 'repeat' feature for Keystate, Path, and RGB. {Activated version}
Misc - Able to cancel closing of modified source files.
Pre-Compiler - Implemented a mini pre-compiler to correct issues brought up by the community that create compiler errors (that probably shouldn't). They include things like '#constant' followed by a [Tab].
Options - Reorganized Options dialog.
AutoComplete - AutoComplete no longer activates in comments.
AutoComplete - Corrected defect when pressing Enter (rather than Tab) in the middle of a suggestion.
Intellisense - Corrected defect that prevented Functions from being properly parsed when declared without parenthesis.
Intellisense - Corrected defect that prevented UDT members (as well as other variables) from being properly parsed when declaring them and instantiating them are not in that order. {Activated version}
Concatenation - Corrected defect that prevented concatenation from working.
Misc - Many minor defect fixes. Like misspellings and the 'Replace' Edit menu option.

Indigo site

All the best,

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 10:26
Is there a problem with the installer?
It fails on my machine
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 15:11
Finally a shortcut for line jumping and spaces instead of tabs! I can't express how happy and satisfied I now am with this editor!

I have one more critique, but it's very minor, sorry for this...

I hate it when it auto-completes the line when I press ".", it should be "return" only. The reason why is because I have this:

I'll then be typing this line happily...

When SUDDENLY I press "." I get THIS!

It auto-completed the wrong thing! I wanted Unit.pos.x# but it filled in the other thing!

[/rant]

If you could make it auto-complete when your press return and not when you press "." it would be perfect!

TheComet

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 19:26
Quote: "If you could make it auto-complete when your press return and not when you press "." it would be perfect!"

or tab (users choice)
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 19:50 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2012 19:53
Quote: "Is there a problem with the installer?
It fails on my machine "

Scraggle,

What error are you getting?

Quote: "If you could make it auto-complete when your press return and not when you press "." it would be perfect!"

The Comet,

That's how it should work. Thank you for bringing the defect to my attention. [edit]seems to work in v.1.3.2 beta 4. Will check b6 when I get home.[/edit]

Quote: "or tab (users choice) "

Already there, providing that it's working as intended.

All the best,

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 20:11
My error:

Quote: "Already there, providing that it's working as intended."

Yes, I know. What I meant was, if you added the option to insert the suggested text upon hitting return then I would like the option to turn that off and stick with tab

Attachments

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 20:12
My error:

Quote: "Already there, providing that it\'s working as intended."

Yes, I know. What I meant was, if you added the option to insert the suggested text upon hitting return then I would like the option to turn that off and stick with tab
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 22:28
Quote: "What I meant was, if you added the option to insert the suggested text upon hitting return then I would like the option to turn that off and stick with tab "

I see.

In reference to your error Scraggle; do you have Indigo open at the same time you're trying to install the latest version? That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent the installer from writing.

All the best,

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 22:37
Quote: "do you have Indigo open at the same time you're trying to install the latest version?"

Oops!

It's rarely closed. But I managed to close it for the few seconds it took to install
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 03:36 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 03:47
Quote: "Oops!"

Quote: "It's rarely closed. But I managed to close it for the few seconds it took to install "
Completely understandable.

Scraggle,

I've added the option to turn off 'Auto-Complete on Enter'. Which itself is only an option in the Activated version.

The Comet,

I made some improvements to the Auto-Complete routine. During my testing I noticed something I think is very useful. For me, all the auto-complete options for that UDT show from the very beginning (see image). No need to do the dot at all. Just start the UDT, CTRL+Space, and select.

All the best,

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 09:29 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 09:32
Sorry Balid, I didn't really play around with it enough to explain what was causing it. Here's the code that causes this problem:

And my problem was that I had PostActivate in the UDT for single variables where pos was for an array. The auto suggestion system however doesn't recognize it's an array because they both share the same name:

It should be suggesting pos here.

TheComet

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 09:35 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 09:36
I also found another small problem with assigning the .dbpro file to Indigo. For some reason when I click "open with -> browse..." and click on "Indigo.exe", Windows won't select it...

When I click on "open" here:

For some reason it just disappears and won't set it as a default program. I'm running Win7 x64 Ultimate. I tried it with other custom programs and there's no problem selecting them.

TheComet

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 10:24 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 10:25
Sorry for triple posting and sorry Balid for this constant stream of crap from yours truly, but I found another little glitch:

The long spaces are tabs, but for some reason Indigo thinks that one space is 3 columns, thus throwing off the alignment.

TheComet

Attachments

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 10:34
Quote: "The auto suggestion system however doesn't recognize it's an array because they both share the same name"

I don't think you can blame the IDE for being confused about that. If you leave your code for a few months, then come back and look at it, you would also be confused. Two variables sharing the same name is just bad coding practice ... STOP IT!!!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 11:26
Quote: "STOP IT!!! "

I disagree, I think it's OK to have an array and a variable share the same name when they belong together. This is an extract from one of my programs, hopefully it demonstrates to you why they share the same name:

What else should I have called them? It makes sense to me in the above code to name them the same.

TheComet

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 16:42
I agree with Scraggle. In the VS IDE it would never allow you to do that. Naming another variable as an existing array would trigger an error. To the compiler, they are both variables.

Although .NET allows for function overloading, I NEVER do that. I believe in keeping your code crisp and clear and concise. Why make more work for yourself later with confusion?

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 22:11
Quote: "What else should I have called them?"

Perhaps a variation of Hungarian Notation?

Here you have both variable called Unit but you can see at a glance that one of them is a UDT (the lead u) and the other is an array of UDT's (au).
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 02:23
Woo! Time to get back into DBpro with Indigo!

Feature enhancement request;

I'm all fumble fingers and have changed a few folder structures about. I've gone from using the default DarkBASIC pro directory to store my projects, to My Documents\DBPro, to Dropbox then to spideroak, thus reshuffling things back to My Documents! Fun never ends, but looks like I'm sticking with Spideroak to share my game source as it's pretty powerful and very configurable. Great for home and work coding!

In the below screenshot you can see that my "Gosub Sub_Command_Line" is ready to run, it's found in "Command Line.DBA" file. But the other Gosub's are all failing, they're found in the other .DBA files that currently all have their references broken as the .DBA files have been shuffled about.

But there's no easy way to tell which .DBA files are working and which ones have broken references. It would be great if Indigo could scan for referencing/included DBpro files, and highlight them in red or an exclamation symbol if they're missing.

Further to this, to repair the missing links, after repairing one manually, could the user then receive a prompt that says

"Scan the same directory for other broken .DBA links?"

This would save the user from having to correct several broken links if the .DBA files reside in the same directory. In a few passes, they'd all be fixed and ready to go.

Currently, the user has to click on all the .DBA links to see which ones are broken, make a note of them, then manually correct them one by one by removing them & navigating for them and re-adding them.

Cheers or all the updates Balid! I sense another donation coming on. Hopefully others have been pitching in for this awesome editor too.

Help build an online DarkBASIC Professional help archive.
DarkBasic Help Wikia
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 02:17
I am using the latest release downloaded and installed yesterday.

I like to use a black background for the IDE. So, I used the Options to change all of the colors. At first, I started getting an error everytime I reopened the options. But that seems to have gone away. But, there is no cursor in the editing window. If there is an option to change the cursor color, I'm not finding it. But if the cursor is always black by default, then I will not be able to set the background to black obviously.

In the older DBPro IDE I used to have the problem of the cursor disappearing intermittently for no reason.

Also: under Project settings, I keep changing the default resolution to 1920x1080 (x32) and the mode to "Fullscreen (Other PCs)". But once I exit the IDE and then reload, it has reverted back to the default of 1024x768 (x32), however it does retain the mode.

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 06:25
Further to my last post, I'm getting a few bugs running dual screens, with Indigo popping up intellisense on the wrong monitor, and other misc popups also appearing on the wrong monitor.

DarkBasic Help Wikia
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 18:21
The Comet,
Indigo now knows when a variable is a single instance or an array and auto-Completes accordingly.

Quote: "For some reason when I click "open with -> browse..." and click on "Indigo.exe", Windows won't select it..."
There's an option in Indigo to do that. Or actually going into 'Default Programs' to set it works as well (at least for me ). There seems to be more than a few program that doesn't work the other way.

Quote: "The long spaces are tabs, but for some reason Indigo thinks that one space is 3 columns, thus throwing off the alignment."
Noted.

Burning Feet Man,
Quote: "Feature enhancement request;..."
The initial version of this is in.
Quote: "Cheers or all the updates Balid! I sense another donation coming on."
Always a good idea and great motivator for putting new features.
Quote: "Hopefully others have been pitching in for this awesome editor too."
There has been a small up tick in donations. Which is greatly appreciated.
Quote: "I'm getting a few bugs running dual screens, with Indigo popping up intellisense on the wrong monitor"
I noticed that the day before your post. I tend to work off a laptop but was doing some playing around on my desktop, now with dual monitors. The problem was in the original coding of the control. Did some quick tweaking and all seems well.

aerostudios,
Quote: "But, there is no cursor in the editing window. "
Are you talking about the 'Caret' or the 'Mouse Pointer'? There is an option to change the color the caret. The other, you'll have to change yourself. Being a system setting and all .
Quote: "Also: under Project settings, I keep changing the default resolution ..."
Indigo currently doesn't have an option to store a default resolution or mode. Every time Indigo starts, the resolution is set to 1024x768(x16) and the mode is "Windowed". These get over wrote when you open a project file. Are seeing a case where the resolution doesn't seem to be getting saved for the project?

All the best,

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 05:32
Awesome Balid! I feel a donation coming your way in the near future.

Say, where do you change the colour of the caret? It seems to be the same colour as the background so I can't see it now.

TheComet

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 08:08
Seems to be a small bug when opening .DBA files from Indigo. When .DBA files are opened via a referencing project, no error, but whilst a non-referencing (or a new) project is open, JIT errors occur.

DarkBasic Help Wikia
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 16:48 Edited at: 29th Jul 2012 16:59
TheComet,
Quote: "Awesome Balid! I feel a donation coming your way in the near future. "
It would be most appreciated.
Quote: "Say, where do you change the colour of the caret?"
Under Colorize, Caret. It's between 'Fold Margin' and 'Matched Brackets'.

Burning Feet Man,
Quote: "Seems to be a small bug when opening .DBA files from Indigo."
Should be resolved now. It was caused by the new Line Overview.

All the best,

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 03:18
v1.3.2 beta 7 has been uploaded.

Enjoy

Indigo site

All the best,

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 11:45 Edited at: 31st Jul 2012 11:46
Latest build crashes on compile for me

Clicking 'continue' goes back to the editor but doesn't execute the program

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 01:03
I got a crash when I was copying large amounts of code between projects. I regret to tell you that I'm not sure of what I did anymore, but here's the error report:

TheComet

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it [overall] to no larger than 600 x 120 please.
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 02:48
Is there a way for you to modify the line numbering to correspond with the error reporting? I have 4 source files loaded. There is a line loading a .X file. It has an error in it and the IDE reports "Cannot load file at line 945..." or something to that effect. The line # is actually line 78 in one of the source files. This makes it very difficult to locate where the error is really coming from.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 04:50 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 04:54
Scraggle,

Does it crash every time? I am not able to duplicate it.

TheComet,

Thank you, I've added some more error checking when creating the Line Overiew.

aerostudios,

That error you describe is not coming from Indigo. It would be coming from your executable. However you can get to the line in the error message very quickly by using the 'Go To Line' feature. It will take you to that point in your project.

The line numbers are controlled by the Scintilla control. It and Indigo would need a large amount of modifying to have the line numbers line up as project line numbers. It's an interesting idea, but not one that I am looking at pursuing at the moment.

All the best,

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 07:30
I'm experiencing some Indigo window resizing when compiling and running my DBPro program.

Sometimes I'm running multiple sessions of Indigo. I'm also using the Windows 7 screen realestate tricks of dragging the Indigo window to the side of the screen and having Windows automagically resize it. Not too sure if this causing the problem, but slightly annoying to always have my Indigo bounce into a small window.

DarkBasic Help Wikia
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 12:29
Quote: "Scraggle,

Does it crash every time? I am not able to duplicate it."

Yes, every time.

Although sometimes it is slightly different. On occasion it does successfully compile and execute but then Indigo crashes.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, i just wanted to share 1 bug i found on the IDE
on windows 7, when u drag&Drop the IDE to one side of the screen.
now, when the screen is splited to half, when i compile and run anything, when i exit the executable, the IDE window is changing his form..

Advanced Updater for your games!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 01:08
Burning Feet Man and Sergey K,

The issue that you both describe should be resolved now. I had to test at work. v1.3.2 beta 8 will hopefully be out this week end (or possibly tonight depending on my schedule).

All the best,

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 04:03
Ok, a day later than I thought
v1.3.2 beta 8 is uploaded.

Scraggle, I don't know if your issue is resolved in this release. I was never able to duplicate it.

There are a few enhancements to the auto-complete routine. Made some adjustments to better support running multiple instances of Indigo. Like the location and size of each instance is stored separately.

Indigo site

All the best,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:49:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:49:59