Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / exporting .x from milkshape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there i'm leandro, from argentina (so sorry if my english sucks), and i'm starting in the 3d videogame programming field. anyway, as i had a lot of trouble exporting milkshape models and animations in .x format ( weird interpolations, hundreds of extra frames, wrong positions, etc) and i finally came up with a nice configuration to do it, i thought that this could be useful for other beginners:

anyways, what i do is exporting it using the option "direct x(jt)", not the DirectX8 option.

the box "animation time factor" is what causes the lots of extra frames of animation. i set it to 0 so it wont add none.

anyways that configuration should work fine. i mean that that configuration exports the mesh and animation pretty much without changing your original work.

note that if your animation starts in frame 0, you must put cero in the first box of animation range!

i also check the stand at position offset, so that all my animations are standing in the same place, no matter if the height of the model changes.

hope this is useful, and sorry if this was already discussed (i searched the forums and found nothing concrete).
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 20:09 Edited at: 24th Jan 2011 20:19
Thanks. Here is what I have found for static models with a UV map.

Export for DirectX 8:

Result:

=================================================================

Export using the JT exporter:
Here I have selected to have the model be centered around the axis but standing on the XY plane (or at whatever co-ordinates are put in the 'position offset' boxes

Result: 0,0,0 co-ordinate of model is the very bottom point standing ON the plane

=================================================================

Here I have selected to have the model be centered at the axis (or at whatever co-ordinates are put in the 'position offset' boxes

Result: 0,0,0 co-ordinate of model is the CENTER of the model

===================================================================

The 2 options with JT exporter are usefull when exporting a model for use in DarkBasic

Hope this helps some of you.

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 21:57
Very, very useful information. Since I use FPSC, do you think you could add something on that since the basics are the same? This would help so much you wouldn't believe.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 22:30 Edited at: 25th Jan 2011 22:31
Here are my DirectX export settings, works fine for static models and doesn't effect the size of the object at all. I've found that the position scaling setting scales your object's vertex positions.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 14:15:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 14:15:47