Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Animating model from wings 3d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 11:27
Hi.

I'm using wings 3d, but too bad - it cannot animate . So is there a way of making an model in it, saving in proper format and animating in some kind of program like characterFX, 3ds max, blender or milkshape?

I've seen on blender, ( or was it milkshape?) that to add a bone to the model, i have to align it to a group like arm, leg etc. But i think making groups in wings 3d is impossible(?). Also, i dont want to stop modeling in it, because i feel so comfortable with it . Thanks for all the advices.

Cheers!

~Kamac
Madscientist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 17:26
Well if you export it in a format blender can import, animating it is quite simple. All that you have to do is make an armature, extrude bones to fit you character's shape and then just parent the bones to the mesh. There are plenty of tutorials for this.
http://www.blender3dclub.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24

My computer surpasses all the technologies of the day. What computer do I have?

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 18:22
Thanks, i'll check it out

Cheers!

~Kamac
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2010 16:58
other things to look into:
fragmotion is a great animating, as well as importing/exporting program. It has just about every format supported.
The site that sell fpsc toolbox also has the fpsc character skeleton remade for milkshape 3d.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 16:40:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 16:40:13