Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Milkshape 3D normal errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 05:33
Hey everybody, this is my first post on the 3D Chat board(whoopie!).
I've been getting this weird visual artifact on my Milkshape models when I manually add vertices to a mesh. I've attached a picture. Any idea how to fix it?

Note: Only looks that way in smooth shaded or textured mode.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brad Flemmings
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 00:12
u gotta upload a pic so we could help u. are u talking about in milkshape 3d or when u see the modle in the darkbasic pro game
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 22:44
I get that same look whenever I extrude using Milkshape. I have not had any problems with it once I UV map the model, so I look at it as an inconvenience.

You could try to weld the vertices together. Set the mode to select vertex and select them all. Then press Control - W to weld them together. Doesn't always work, but usually helps at least some.

Another thing you could try is seeing if the vertices are lined up at the same exact point on a particular axis. For example, you get as close up to the model as you can and position the mouse pointer over a vertex and look at the location. Let's say it is at -90.592 on the X axis. You click on the on each vertex one at a time (on that side) and move them to the absolute of -90.592 on the X. Sometimes this makes it look better in Milkshape.

Hope this helps.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 01:21
@Brad: I did upload a pic.

@LBFN: Thanks for the help, but neither of those methods worked the way I thought they would. I have another model similar to this one that has turned out a lot better UV-mapped, so I'll just ignore this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 04:10:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 04:10:32