Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Fighter Jet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 07:39 Edited at: 1st Feb 2011 15:27
Sorry, I haven't abandoned this. Just started over, trying to build it with one object.. finding it to be a real pain, but I am still on it.

I purchased Ac3d then ran into a lot reference images for the F-22 Raptor, so I used those as a reference to get started. (Not by any means trying to scale it in detail)

This is the most detailed model I have committed myself to complete so far, still working on it. Believe it or not it has taken me most of the afternoon and evening to get just this far.. I have never attempted to make anything else aside from cans, barrels, tables.. really simple stuff. So, to me this is difficult.

Mostly wanted to do this to force myself to get more familiar with Ac3d.. anyways.

Made purely out of cube extrude.. By the way, the cylinders you see are just for me to build around when I start on it again tomorrow.

Please give me any tips you have and keep nagging me about working on this thing to the finish.
If you need me to upload the .ac file in order to give me any tip let me know...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 18:45
im short on time, but i guess the first thing you could do is work with just one object, or if you like your method, find a way of bridging the interesecting faces (it can get sloppy and ruin the model if not done with care) so that when it comes to ready the model for game, it doesnt have completely noticable intersection shadows and whatnot.

Other then the virgin cylinders, everything looks good keep us posted and more advanced help will come whether from me or the other few consistent (and decently skilled) modelers around here.

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 21:06
Quote: "find a way of bridging the interesecting faces"

What do you mean by that?
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 21:23
You see where the cylinder goes through the wings?

I meant find a way to bridge them. so that it joins into one object, its not absolutely necessary, but in general, i find when one leaves it like that and it actually goes into the other object, shaders and other materials will look bad in game or in renders.

sometimes it can add unwanted polygons though, so its not always recommended, its really dealers choice, (you being the dealer ;P).

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 22:02
Ah ok, I kind of figured thats what you meant..
However, I did mention in the first post that those cylinders were there just for me to build around as a reference ;P

I guess I could have avoided confusion by taking the screen shot before I put those there.

The cockpit is being a pain for me right now lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 06:02:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 06:02:37