Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Free Texture Plugin For PhotoShop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 21:12
Sorry if this is already widely known, but I just figured it out for myself. So, I am sure someone else will find this useful as well.

Nvidia has a free PhotoShop plugin to open and save texture file formats.

You can download it from here > http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html#downloads

I have already installed it and it seems to work fine. (PhotoShop Elements)

The instructions are on the download page, but you just download, install, and select to install in the plugins directory of your PhotoShop directory and thats it. Now when you go to open texture files it will show and open textures and when you go to save any file.. the "save as" file format selector will have texture formats to use.

Just post something if you found this helpful helpful.
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 15:14
thanks for telling about this, its worth getting just to produce height maps.

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 18:25
The only downfall of using this with PS Elements that I have found so far is that PS Elements will only support importing up to 16bit. Not too sure, as of yet, how much of an impact it is going to ave on the quality of the textures. Time will tell though, once I get to the point of doing renders I suppose.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 05:43:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 05:43:03