Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / No direct x 11 export yet for blender ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know of any news on a possible future 'working' direct x 11 , not 9, exporter from blender?
It's really the only thing holding me back from getting dark basic, I'm so attached to blender!
or any other tricks anyone might know such as making the high def model in blender then using db to break it down into direct x 11 somehow?
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 01:54
Dark Basic doesn't support Direct X 10 or 11. And when you export a model, it should be independent of any Graphics API, like DirectX or OpenGL, so it wouldn't matter.

omegafold
Years of Service
User Offline
I watched a video on youtube describing how they had made 11 work with the latest dark basic many months ago.... what happened?
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 10:51
Well that's certainly news to me..

As far as formats go, BiggAdd is right. Even though the .X format was developed by Microsoft and used almost (probably entirely) exclusively by DirectX applications, there's nothing to say someone couldn't write an application that uses OpenGL to load in .X files.

Also, Microsoft officially dropped support for the .X format with DirectX 10 and so now there is no "DirectX format" at all. Regardless, you can use my exporters to get .X files out of Blender and into DBPro. Apart from the .dbo format, I'd say DBPro supports .X the best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 15:51:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 15:51:28