Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Attaching two models and textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 21:07
Im working on my 3d compo entry, and i finished it, but i decided to add some windows, i ran out of UV space and i cant see anything that i should reduce in size to make room, so i made a 256x256 map for the window, (im using multiple copies of the window around the trailer), and the window is a separate object, is there anyway to make a definite link between the 2 objects and textures, that way the user doesnt have to apply 2 textures and attach the two objects?

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 22:56
what about resising the uv map and then just scaling the uv coords? Im not sure about max because i use blender, but thats what i would do. If you sesize the map in blender the uv mesh wants to stretch out to the size of the map. Say you increase your map size by the width x2 just scale the width of the uv down .5 and align the window coords to the window part you add. Just guessing though.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2011 04:36
actually it's possible to apply two (or more) textures to different parts of a single object and DBpro will load and apply them to their respective parts as long as both textures are in the model's directory.

get your textures set up and applied in your modeling suite then join the meshes into a single object. I just tried this out to verify and it worked without a problem.

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 23:15
Thanks for the feedback, will help me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 08:25:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 08:25:45