Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Blender 2.49b .X animation problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey evry one i have some problems with exporting my animatet figure into a :X file format to be used in DBP.
this i what i have done
i have blender 2.49b with no opgrates (dont know how to)
i have a armature which is animated
and last but not least i have a mesh of a girl that moves with the skeleton.

so my question is how do i export this so that the animation works ? and it need to be in .X file format cus that something i know a bit about.

eny way thax for eny help given

Vincent
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 07:37 Edited at: 20th Feb 2011 07:37
.... there are numerous threads on this so check them out. Heres my guess: you are using the factory shipped blender exporter wich is crap. If your using kiras exporter one key thing that needs to be done: The armature deform needs to be a modifier, AND the modifier needs to have the 'make real' button applied to the modifier. So if you dont have kiras exporter heres a link:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166987&b=3

if you do make sure that your armature is a modifier and that your armature is applied as a modifier and that the make real button is checked. If you need more hlp post back and ill give you a hand.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe thx alot for the tip
and jes i did use the factory exporter and jes it sucks like hell (sorry)... so i tryed to instal the exporter you showed me and cant get it to work, it wont update, eny ideers ?

any way thx for your help so far
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2011 01:48
I can give you a hand if you let me know whats not working about it.
btw do you have python 2.6 installed and working on your computer and does blender know were it is?? the beauty of blender 2.5x is the built in interpreter which eliminates the need to have python installed on your computer (though i still do.) What get back with me on these details.. if you have python 2.6 and blender knows its there (you can tell by reading the console readout when it starts...it should say something like blender 2.6 found.) then youll need to add the folder the new script is in to you prefernces under scripts.. I still have blender 2.49 on my computer so if you need help ill give you a snappy of what you need to do..
Good luck!

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
okay well i have both the 2.49b version and the 2.5 but use the older version becouse of the .X file exporter.
the python is installed but i dont think i did it rigth... were is it suppoes to be plazed '? in the blender folder ?

thx for the help friend
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2011 09:50 Edited at: 28th Feb 2011 09:51
you dont have to place it in a peticular spot so long as you have the script folder added to your user prefs... ill get a snap:

let me know if you need more help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
thask a lot friend now it works ^^

sorry for the late reply i had some stuff to take care off... anyway
im working in DArk basik pro with A.I physiks and extends installed besides that im startin in 3d World studio for maps

im making a Fps Rpg kinda game (or trying)
eny advise u can give ?
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 01:40
be prepared to read... alot... lol. Im not a strong programmer by any means. In fact im learning myself at the moment, and im really only working on art for the time being on my current project. If you have the money i would invest in programming and game design books to help you out. Im currently reading 5 of them right now in an attempt to bring me up to par. If you have any more questions about blender i would be more than willing, and usually able, to help out.

Anyway good luck with your project.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe thx for the tip ^^ what are u proggamming in ? if i may ask ^^ im learning by myself to at the moment so if you need a hand with progamming ill be more then happy to help you out and learn something in the prosses to ^^ ... and jes i have one last question about blender ^^ were that make real ting u talked about ?

thanks for your help friend ^^
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 22:37 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2011 22:37
Well kira and I are working on a project together called Age of Reliks

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177876&b=3

Im actually doing the modeling for the time being, and so far he's been doing most of the programming. Hes more of a programming wiz then i am... Right now were using blender for models (with a custom 3d format in dev for the game), visual c++ for source, with the directx 9 sdk. Basically so far all ive writen is code to read xinput devices (easy) and its not even part of the source yet... here are some of the books im reading on the subjects:

Programming Game AI by Example
Game Code Complete
And the C++ Language <--- kira recommended this to me... its written by the creator of c++

I have some other books as well but these seem to be my most valueble reading so far.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
cool ^^ good luck you 2 ^^ and how much for the books ?
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 01:22
I paid about $70 for The C++ Programming Language. But my copy was a new hardcover book. Im not sure what you would pay were your at (Im in the United States) the others were 30-50 new each. Expensive but books are a good investment. The internet has informtion too but you have to sort through it and its not always as accurate as a professional publication.

Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh okay thx ^^ ... wish i lived in USA ^^
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
well you said in a post some time ago that i need to make the armature real or something.. how do you do that ?
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 22:19 Edited at: 6th Mar 2011 22:21
scratch that... lol. You should only need to do that if you parented the mesh to the armature instead of assign a modifier(guess its been a while since ive used 2.49) go to the mesh modifiers and look for a modifier:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm okay
got it i working okay yeaterday i can now se the animation ^^ yay so so good ^^ thx for your help i will post if i need more ^^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 03:01:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 03:01:40