Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Assign faces to groups.?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 21:04
I have 2 models I'm working with. One works fine with ragdoll physics, the other does not.

For the one that doesn't, I get the error "limb x does not have a mesh.".

I have looked at both of the models in FragMotion, and the only difference seems to be that the faces associated with the vertices assigned to bones are in separate groups on the model that works. On that one that doesn't, all the faces are in one group.

Since this seems to be the ONLY difference I can find, here are my questions.

1. Should that make a difference?
2. Is there a way to select the faces related to the vertices you have selected in FragMotion? (this would make it SO much faster to do)
3. Is there another graphics app out there that will make the assignment of faces to groups quicker/easier?

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 22:05 Edited at: 10th Mar 2011 00:23
Nevermind. This looks like an issue with the FragMotion .X exporter. It's not properly attaching the mesh to the limbs, so when ragdoll physics tries to interact with the mesh via the limb, there's no mesh there.

I ended up exporting from FragMotion to MilkShape format, then exporting from MilkShape to .X. It's "mostly" working...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 04:12:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 04:12:49