Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / blender: odd question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 02:36 Edited at: 8th Apr 2011 22:59
OK, here is my dilemma. I am on blender 2.49 and I am putting an explosion into a film clip.i used voodoo camera tracker to match up the movement of the explosion with the movement of the camera but I can't get python to work on my crappy PC. without python working- blender can't run the python script that voodoo made. unfortunatly, I need it done by Monday . so, with that being said, i would really appreciate it if someone who has blender could download this attachment containing a .blend file that should be all set up, the video in two file formats just in case and the python script that voodoo gave me.you may need to move and/or resize the three particle emitters that make up the explosion so that they are on the truck (which is what i am to make explode)I will be so very thankful to anyone who wants to help me! oh and P.S. if anyone has some more spare time and a better explosion , feel free to replace the existing one with something better, hey, while we are at it (just for the sake of fun) lets make this a contest! whoever makes the best version of this truck exploding and sends me a video file wins a mediocre ground texture pack haha. but seriously, I would just be happy with anything at this point. Thanks in advanced-xilith117

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 05:57
hmmm what about python isnt working?? Note that blender uses python 2.6... which is an older version. If blender cant find it chances are you have the wrong version. Go to the python website and search for older versions of python 2.6 should be available. Any of the other versions are not going to work for you. If you updated to the 2.5x series the python interpreter is bundled with pyton. So for this you could even just get 2.5x and load your 2.49 model. Just some suggestions.

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 06:03 Edited at: 1st Apr 2011 06:14
thanks for trying to help. blender wont recognize its existence.the problem is i have tried downloading both the newest python and 2.6. neither seem to work.hmmm. i'll try the 2.5x idea you had.by the way, nice freaky dragon head looking things in your sig. you make those?

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 07:29
yeah... Its here if you care to look:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=177876&b=3

Hes been redone. As for blender you might have to specify a path in prefrences... id start there.

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
out of the 40+ views no one is man enough to render a video?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 10:08 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 10:18
Using the tutorials above and your file I made a set of new ones for you to follow and made what you wanted done. I think the reason that you were not getting anyones full help is it was so easy to look on youtube to make this. There was one thing I found that you might have been doing wrong and that is where you were saving the camera track script. When saving the script there are two options one for " Blender 2.5 or higher " and one for " Blender 2.4 or lower ". The reason I say this is I almost made this mistake.

If you go through the tutorials what I have in the file below will take you spet by step and you have a finished project. Now I used what you did for the explosion, but I would suggest you use some stuff from here or look on youtube for a better explosion. This explosion is very slow reaction. I am alittle past my bedtime now, but I do hope this helps you for your monday appointment.

Video:

Attachments

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the triple post, but I just opened up you truck.py script and you did save it as " blender 2.5 or higher ", so keep that in mind next time.

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 17:11 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 17:12
@starmind 001-haha, thanksfor the help. but...
Quote: " explosion so that they are on the truck"
...you blew up the car. haha. actually those are the same two tutorials i watched. i couldn't do it because my python doesnt work. not because i am incapable. if you were inthis for the semi-0decent ground textures -0so far you are the winner.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you blew up the car"

In my defense, it was about 2 in the morning that I saw this and did it.

Quote: "i couldn't do it because my python doesnt work"

No that was not your problem. You had the wrong script to do the job. You had a script for blender 2.5 instead of for blender 2.4x.

Quote: "not because i am incapable"
Not going to comment on that.

I do want to note, if you still think you are having problem with your python then you need to reinstall both python and blender. Install python first and then blender. Use python 2.6 not the newer version 3 as both blender 2.4 and 2.5 won't identify it.

If you still have problems with it, well....

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's you truck blowing up.

Attachments

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 08:41 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2011 08:50
@starmind 001, thanks man. its appreciated. you have been quite helpful but...the video you posted was 320x240-extremely small...it may work but i would really appreciate it if you could record a bigger one...and holy crap, my explosion looks like crap . i didn't think it was that bad but now that i look at it from an outsiders position it looks worse than the scifi channels special effects (which are horrible at best). this of course isn't your problem, i'm just getting carried away typing every thought that enters my head. whoops. thanks though.

Oh! and just for everyones encouragement(because of course everyone is doing this for crappy textures-yeah right) I have posted this pic of four of the several textures you will win.And might I add that all are fully tile-able and at 1024x1024.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the video you posted was 320x240-extremely small...it may work but i would really appreciate it if you could record a bigger one..."
Try to do it yourself first. I have given you all the files I have used to do it. So give it a try.

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 00:27 Edited at: 8th Apr 2011 22:58
you know what, starmind? I am so sorry for my stupidity. this whole problem was because i failed to click a button in voodoo. my python doesn't work properly but it works enough for this. i feel like a complete idiot and i didn't realize that you had included the materials.a hundred apologies. in my defense it was about 2 in the mornin haha. (p.s. let me know if you actually want the textures, no point in giving them if their just gonna take up space on your hard drive.)

@all, I have figured out the problem (with the guidance of two others)
anyone who wants to compete still can but I no longer require help. thank you.(especialy you, starmind)

xilith117
Years of Service
User Offline
I officially close this semi-competent competition. if anyone cares here is a vid of my final version . it's still crap but better in my opinion. (I ended up not using particle effects. just nodes.)

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:43:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:43:34