Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Age of Empires like game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 01:55
This game will be like the game age of empires but set in space and the game play will be a little different! More info coming soon!
E-Mail me at HIethan592@AOL.com for info or to help us! Thanks

its not a bug its a ... a ... a extra feature!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 19:44
LOL remind me of something...

(see mercenaries in space post)

Fishie says:
"Those who fail to prepare prepare to fail"
"Rule are for the guidance of the wise and the blind obdeniency of the fools"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 20:02
Uh huh. No offense, but make sure you have a bit more than nothing to show before you post.

Brains are for idiots.

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
guru of boredom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 01:34
We are already a started and have most of the gameplay stuff finished. Just fine tuning the graphics and AI along with some other stuff. But no offense taken!

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 02:11
how about a sceen or two

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
guru of boredom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 06:24
Sure probablly in a week or so!
We are working with only 2 people right now so its kind of slow.
It probablly wont be that great by then considering we haven't really worked out the finer point yet and we are basiclly only working on it durning math and english! arghhh

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We are already a started and have most of the gameplay stuff finished. Just fine tuning the graphics and AI along with some other stuff."

Quote: "and we are basiclly only working on it durning math and english"

So let me get this straight...your math and english rooms have computers with DarkBASIC installed on them, that's how you already have most of the gameplay finished, right?

Or did you mean "yeah we have all of our ideas gathered and we actually haven't started doing anything for it yet and probably never will for that matter, and we're also going to fail math and english because we're not paying attention".

SW Games - www.freewebs.com/swgames

Yeah, I know, I only have one game. Yeah, I know it sucks. But I made it! Me!
guru of boredom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 07:09
No we not fail math or english but both our english and math teachers think its cool that we would rather make games than pay attention and we still do our homework, and no they dont have computers! We plan out the script not actually code.
And for those of you who care, due to a script error that turned out to be actually good for a different type of game, so we are actually changing the game format to more of a rts/rpg game that has a storyline. And if anyone wants to help it would much apprecitated!

P4 2.4 ghz 120 GB 256 mb GeForce4
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 18:18
That's a weird coincidence, because I forgot to fix a script error in my game and it turned into a chocolate souffle.

If you want to give this a propper shot, you gotta get things organised. Firstly, decide who's better at maths, and who's better at art. Now, both of you share gameplay ideas, but it's your maths brain that should worry about game logic, AI, collision etc etc, and your art brain should be doing lots of sketches and as much computer artwork as possible, most of all practise modelling and texturing, because that's the bare bones of the game art - perhaps your art teacher would let you guys do some concept stuff for your game, a concept sketch is an absolute god send when making 3D models.

The important thing is to keep working when not in class, you should both have pretty specific jobs to do and a lot of work to be done, so get your finger out .

Build the game design brief during math and english, perhaps collision detection maths is something your teacher could help you with - probably more usefull than fractions and all that rubbish anyway. Formulate a storyline during english. The thing is that you could very easily get in trouble with your teachers, or worse, get your teachers in trouble - so try and make the best use of the class your in if you must work on your game during school. It'll keep your teachers sweet too if they think your actually learning something practical through their subjects.

Van-B

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 18:27
Sounds cool btw, guess I just expected to see more, but it's good to hear that it's nearly finished. Get screens up soon!

Brains are for idiots.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 23:10
Quote: "No we not fail math or english but both our english and math teachers think its cool that we would rather make games than pay attention and we still do our homework"

dude.....wat do your teachers smoke all day?
You have got to be kidding me...first u start a thread about nothing, Thats right ABSOLUTLY NOTHING. Not even any game info. Then it turns out ur actually doing this at school?? Trust me i been there. 3 years ago in grade 7 me and 3 other friends did this sorta thing in math class in secret. Like we would pretend to drop our pencils and pass design notes while picking it up. Or one of my favorite tricks, ur friend "asks" u for a pen cause he doesnt have one (wink wink) and u hide a little small note in the cap. ANyway the point of this is it doesnt work out. U gota be organized, make proper designs and scripts (not write on back of old card board) and communicate with ur team. an i miss that cause in high school doing something like that would be impossible. (unless u have a substitute now thats another story o_0)

My site is delyaed for the 250th time!
If life is just one big joke...
then I must have missed the punchline.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 14:53
Quote: "That's a weird coincidence, because I forgot to fix a script error in my game and it turned into a chocolate souffle."

How odd

Fishie says:
"Those who fail to prepare prepare to fail"
"Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the blind obdeniency of the fools"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 01:42
Lol. (Wheres that souffle smiley?)

Brains are for idiots.

Guruchild
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2003 12:58
Oh boy another post that's all talk and nothing is actually released. If your SCREEN SHOTS alone are 2-3 weeks away (translation: 2-3 weeks becomes 2-3 months becomes ... etc) then perhaps you should spend less time hyping and more time working.

-------------------------------------
I have a sign beside my door-hinge
that says nothing rhymes with orange.
FieldDoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 16:01
I REALLY hate it when people post threads with no screenshots. How can we comment without a screenshot? People should be more patient and contain their excitment before they post about their game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:32:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:32:04