Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Age of Relics WIP... Content Gallery

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2011 05:57 Edited at: 16th Apr 2011 22:34
So... before I start, I would like to explain that I'm creating a new thread, in which i can better organize material. If a mod decides to close / delete this, if at all possible I would prefer the old thread to be closed as its a mess and generally not the way I would like to display work here.

Basically the characters (and soon other content as well) are part of a project called Age of Reliks, and is my original idea, as well as a collaborative work between myself and Kira Vakaanath. Kira is kind of the "brains" of the operation. He focuses on the programming aspect and technical details, but contributes to art as well. I generally focus on modeling and texture work, with the occasional poor attempt at helping with programming..

This go around I'm going to try and Edit a single post Adding finished characters and only adding links to WIP characters when it applies. This way i can be less in ppls faces and keep things simple. Anyway here is the first character:

Obsidian (redesigned):

My previous work on this project can be found here:
http://www.ricochet-rita.deviantart.com
Keep in mind I intend on overhauling the majority of the characters and textures.

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work.

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2011 05:47
ty
Its not 100 percent done yet... there are areas that i need to work on but i think you get the idea.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2011 15:55
I understand its a wip? I would lighten and darken a few areas *mostly lighten* since as of now i see a dark grey blob with red sharp things, its too little contrast on the body itself.

Great work nontheless!

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2011 22:29 Edited at: 16th Apr 2011 22:32
yeah i think the difference is in monitor brightness... my display(s) tend to be a bit brighter then others i use. At work when i view my stuff it all tends to be a bit dark. I plan on lightening up the texture a bit and maybe even desaturating a tad... Also this model doesnt have a spec map yet so that may change the appearance in the future too... thanks for the comment and crit.

As for this being a wip, this model and the project itself are wip, I have other models from before, and some may just need some minor work, ill try and make some updates soon, though i intend on starting from scratch on some so it may be a while.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 15:18 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 15:18
Alrighty then, It seems like you need another colour in your pallete there. It looks nice, a little dark but the texture dosnt really stand out as much as it should for the level of detail you'v painted.

Where you've used heavy blachish shadings on the scales try using one of your support colours like the yellow/orange to balance it out, maybe adding fissures in the gaps between the scales and adding another support colour, just something to balance it out. I think purple would be a nice colour to add from his name;

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi primalbeans.. i have a distraction to see this red fire claws ... maybe this model is not for this class of texture, i don't know... but some are out of place in colors..
Your model is Excellent.. really, but thats hotspots, remember me to my adolescence . (acne)

don't be mad. but is only a perception..

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 00:40 Edited at: 18th Apr 2011 01:28
no neo its alright... i kind of see it a little too. Especially were ive added yellow two much in the claws.... LOL... never looked at it or noticed it like that until you said something.

I really like your idea of adding the other color in on the belly laz thanks for the tip... as for the purples and stuff... I intend on doing more then one color scheme for each character... i might try something like that... Though the name obsidian has nothing to do with color.. it refers to volcanic glass created by pressure and heat. Thanks all for the constructive advice so far.

Im not sure if its going to help or not but later there will be an emit map to try and create a glowing effect off the spikes and the inside of the mouth... ill upload a replacement later to see if some of the issues are remedied. Thanks guys..

maybe ill even take some of the intensity or the smaller spikes and add in some black... idk

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 03:36 Edited at: 18th Apr 2011 03:38
I know lol, obsidian is naturally purple

Geo student

* well it occurs mostly in a purple blackish blue tinge *

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 06:40
laz i fixed the texture like you asked: hears the new model:

lol im just playing... ill have something soon... just a bit tired tonight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:24:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:24:02