Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / uv map texturing problem in max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi guys,

i am sort of lost and confused. I want to detail a segment and texture it before assembly.i am using 3ds max 7 cause i am on a netbook.. i used unwrap uvw and flattened it out.Got the uv render to ps and applied some basic textures.
I finally got it back into the uv editor in max, adjusted out the the vertices..hit m and tried to pick the bitmap.But it textures a smaller tiled version and its just a mess. i put a screenshot at the bottom to show what i mean...

does anyone know what i am doing wrong or have missed out something?

No referral programs thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 09:57 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 10:06
i have know exp with max at all... but it looks like the texture isnt mapped correctly... it should be uv mapped, look for a setting to make sure that the settings are mapped to uv and not say... some thing else.

of course at the same time the uv coords look a little weird in the opposing page as well... but again im no 3ds wiz either....

Well to edit: err have you done this before?? your uv and the coords are just way off... search youtube on uv mapping in 3ds for help. Im not great at explaining things so just lemme know if you still need help.... you know the shapes of the object should match the shapes of the map?? i can help i just need a better shot of your uvs and your textures.... thanks...
to kind of help you get some hands on answers i made your image available without a link...

EDIT: On a third look it seems as though you have a repeating texture instead of a uvmapped texture... look for settings to change this.

spider
Years of Service
User Offline
hi beans!

thanks! but i got it figured out now. turns out the script for refresh probably didnt update the texture.I got it working now.

here's another image coming out good! definitely looks like really cool now!

No referral programs thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:31:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:31:46