Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Magic Video

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 13:08 Edited at: 12th May 2011 14:55
Hi folks,

We have just released this video of AppGameKit in action. The simple stacking game is coded in Tier1 BASIC, compiled and then the compiler broadcasts the game to any devices that are listening for game deployment.

The listening is done via an app that waits for messages from the compiler.

AGK MAGIC

Let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 13:39
This is simply 'Cutting Edge' Technology for anyone doing cross platform work. You guys have found a need in the industry and are making huge strides to lead the market.

You will no doubt reap the rewards of your efforts, keep going and remember to have fun!

Cheers!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 14:02
Looks like I spoke a couple of hours too soon, this looks fantasic, another break though technology by TGC, well done guys.

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 14:21
Very cool.

Seems the Netbook runs the apps in Hell mode. I accept your challenge, Netbook.

May 10th / Jerico2day-OBese87 / VOTE
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Seems the Netbook runs the apps in Hell mode. I accept your challenge, Netbook."

lol
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 15:07
Looks great! Can't wait to try it out

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 15:29
This looks really good, I have not had too much time to follow agk progress but I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing this.

The one thing that worried me was moving from C++ to the script, but seeing that you can make the games in C++ I am really looking forward to this, good work tgc.

Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 23:42
Looking good Lee, I will be buying the basic version as soon as I can.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2011 01:12 Edited at: 13th May 2011 01:19
Rick you Nice man

Do you understand how hard it is to wait already

I want to try my raycast code on the app kit

[Mod Edit: no swearing allowed on these forums in any way, remember that.]
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it me or was that video full of cheese.. I found it quite amusing.lol Anyway great work guys, AppGameKit looks great!

XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Rick, looks really good. However is that how we are expected to deploy our apps to the device or are they really just a way of quickly testing the app? My concern is that Apple doesn't like it when a program is executing code from another source which is what the AppGameKit is apparently doing.
Now don't take that in the wrong way, I would just love for a quick method of testing an app, I'm just more curious how this will work.

I'm currently producing my game and I'm looking seriously at the AppGameKit for it's multi-support platform.
DrT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 12:56
The video distinguishes between Launch Platforms and Phase 2 Platforms.

Are the following statements true?
1) The Launch Platforms will be version 1 (i.e. pay x$ and get support for 1 year)
2) The Phase 2 Platforms will be version 2 (i.e. pay y$ and get support for 1 year).
3) Version 2 will include Version 1.
4) Version 2 will cost more than version 1.

The estimated release date for version 1 is probably a month or so away. When is version 2 expected to be released?
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 15:32
It is pretty strange, that we pay for the tool and then give profit from our games sales to the creators. I think it would be better if Tier 1 would be free to download and use, but when we make some game with it and start selling it, we give out profit.

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Well kamac, I'd prefer the opposite. I don't like to be bound to companies so load us up with a one time hefty fee like $175 or something, but let us do what we wish, and leave using TGC as an option. This tool is clearly worth it though. I wish Android was in Phase 1 though... Why put apple first? seems like they should stick them together in Phase 1.

Anyways as far as this thread, AppGameKit looks like it's shaping up to be just what we wanted. Can't wait.

swis
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 16:34
Quote: "Well kamac, I'd prefer the opposite. I don't like to be bound to companies so load us up with a one time hefty fee like $175 or something, but let us do what we wish, and leave using TGC as an option. This tool is clearly worth it though. I wish Android was in Phase 1 though... Why put apple first? seems like they should stick them together in Phase 1.

Anyways as far as this thread, AppGameKit looks like it's shaping up to be just what we wanted. Can't wait.
"

Yes. I prefer this one too, but you know - TGC must keep earning to keep on making such great tools .

PS.

Can't wait too.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 17:38 Edited at: 14th May 2011 17:40
Quote: "It is pretty strange, that we pay for the tool and then give profit from our games sales to the creators. "

I belive its only if you dont have an mac and want your game to run on mac,ipad and iphone.
In short the ios systems

There is a bunch of other languages that you nead to compile the final build on an mac to get them to run on ios systems as standalone prg.

Its the same with unity!

Its more an service they provide if you dont have an mac.

or are i completely wrong about this?

Apple have some weird rules about having sub programs to run your apps i belive?
blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2011 21:05
I could be wrong but I was under the impression Tier 1 used byte code with a player. As I understand it the player is created by TGC using a mac (I assume) and uploaded to the app stores by TGC. Anyone could create a tier 1 program for the ios platform (without using a mac) and use the player to run the Tier 1 program. For using Tier 2 you would need a mac because you need to compile Tier 2 programs yourself as native code.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Jason
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2011 01:59
As I understand it TGC as a publisher is not required, nor will they publish every game. Publishing through TGC (if they like your game) means that you don't need to pay any developer fees to Apple and the others (like Intel, for AppUp). I'm not sure but I believe they will provide for some marketing and support as well.

I also believe you need a Mac to compile Tier 1 code for iOS, if you are publishing yourself.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2011 15:39 Edited at: 17th May 2011 15:40
I am no expert with macs, whatsoever, but my experience with PC repair and building has given me a little common sense when it comes to things like this. A modern mac is no more than a PC in disguise. they no longer use an alternate cpu as they did in the old days. They use all the same parts, same cpu's same video cards etc. So all you would need I imagine at worse case is the snow leopard O/S and the knowledge to set up a dual boot system. Then you can have a mac and a PC. I cannot see any reason that apple would not allow this as they sell their O/S's on the net.
As long as your PC is fairly modern, dual or quad core and intel based (not sure if the mac O/S will work on an AMD, but as both companies work together to keep compatibility problems down,they probably will.), the mac O/S should work. Anyway just a thought, as a lot of people tend to assume a mac is totally different to a PC. They would be correct but only with the old macs. IBM pretty much forced them to change when they dropped the Power PC chip.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2011 21:25
Quote: "I cannot see any reason that apple would not allow this as they sell their O/S's on the net."

Except that this is Apple we're talking about. In fact I believe that whilst installing Snow Leopard OS on a PC is perfectly possible, it is also a breach of the EULA. That said, if you're interested in doing this, you might want to read this.

But really, as blueFire said, why would you need a mac to compile Tier 1 bytecode? After all, its the came code run on all the interpreters right? Even tier two surely shouldn't need a mac to compile although you may find you need one to join the Apple App Store and therefore to publish, although I'm not sure about that.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 00:30
From my understanding only certain processor serial numbers will work with MAC/OS. Been there done it. Plus as said above licensing issues go into play. By all means, investigate your options before spending your cash. Hardware is hardware but firmware is a different story. Do as you see fit but, research first.

Shall we play a game?” - Joshua
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have seen the mac os on netbooks and standard (lol) quad core pc's running fine. Yes there may be a little to check before diving in and buying, but it is possible. I'm not really to bothered about mac myself as I'm one of the few peeps who aren't a fan in the slightest. I will be more interested with android support. If it meant investing in a brand new mac, you would have to be pretty sure your app was gonna sell.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Will it beable to deploy to an Xbox if so the kinnect will be the first thing i will be working with.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 17:10
It will work with XNA so yeah, xbox and kinect is possible.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 18:58
Quote: "It will work with XNA"

I hadn't seen that specifically posted anywhere..

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 20:57 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 20:58
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178492&b=2
Quote: "Later in 2011 Phase 2 will see extra platforms added, including Android, Windows Mobile 7, Blackberry, MeeGo and XNA."

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 02:19
Ah, my bad. Glad to hear it though.

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2011 09:05
Can you put the magic video in another website? I can't access the youtub.com.

give my best
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 06:11
I mean in China, yutube.com is disabled.

The Miracrea Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 03:55:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 03:55:50