Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Red Moon Racing - Screenshots inside

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 03:01 Edited at: 7th Nov 2003 03:06
Thanks for ideas and comments...Not sure where im going with this game. Just having fun making it.

NEW VERSION UPLOADED

- Car door opens/closes
- More fragments during explosion
- Cinematic sequence during phone call (nothing fancy-slow dolly towards character)
- Different Replay for each scene
- PICKUP objects (money on ground)
- more work needs to be done

Press V if fps is slow

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/redmoon
Cavex
Years of Service
User Offline
The game just get cooler but their some thing need to changes. This has been mention before get rid of the invisible walls!!!! I know why you need them but their so annoying. Better idea would be to give the car a damage meter that mean less invisible walls. Also need to get speech in since with text. Apart from that this game comes along. (It better then my game but that not hard!!!)
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 20:42
its progressing soo quick, seems like its going to be finished in a few days! keep it up!

Go on, click on my signature image, you know you want to
Favourite smiley>>>
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2003 22:52 Edited at: 7th Nov 2003 22:53
Invisible walls could be just covered with different kinds of fences and when you go up against a steep hill you could raise up a little and then just burn out.

It's annoying when you try to cut corners and you hit a 90degree angled invible wall. Fences would help this if you don't want people cheating

It's also annoying when you hit a near verticle hill the car flips up for half a second.

p.s. Add in music

I wanted to learn C++ but then I started having nightmares.
I would scream at night, "AHHHHH!!! THE SEMI-COLONS"
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2003 00:35
Seriously cool. Those are the best car physics I have seen made with db, although it needs a bit of work when you hit bumps (you suddenly jerk up to meet the landscape angle). Things to fix...

- you can see the police siren lights even if it is blocked from view by a hill.
- You get tired walking down a hill, and way too quickly when walking up a hill.

Do you bite your thumb at me sir?

Athelon XP 1600 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
billy777
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments - yes still a few bugs and the invisible walls are annoying arent they? I havent fixed that yet because i really need to implement a better collision system. And I need to add music (but the download is getting too big???)

NEW VERSION UPLOADED...

- returned moon (it was deleted in last version some how?)
- sync voices to sub titles
- car blows up if you dont check in with pycho guy
- MISSION #1: 2 lap race against cop

- more work needs to be done.
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 03:53
Quote: " I havent fixed that yet because i really need to implement a better collision system."

Yes, I'd rather see that done than the invisible walls, but better collision could help the invisible wall collision around turns

Looks good

I wanted to learn C++ but then I started having nightmares.
I would scream at night, "AHHHHH!!! THE SEMI-COLONS"
Cavex
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the new vertion up? I download it but it seem the same as old vertion!!!!
Dsarchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2003 20:06
GTA3!!!!!!......or Driver 2

I played the demo a week/2 ago the one where you can just run round the track and avoid the cops. The thing was it was realy easy for me just to take short cuts and it was realy funny to see the police car just to follow the track exacly. Have you changes that.

Also the Idea of the game in my head is changing. You prob planned this. But at first I thought it was going to be like Dukes of Hazard. But now Im more on the lines of thinking that this is going to be like GTA (which rules)

Am I in the write derection or have I just lost the plot. LOL

vivi

"Is it really good is a hoover sucks?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:08:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:08:18