Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / meego and bada development

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 05:56
hello, I have been trying to develop an app with bada sdk and meego sdk. I followed the guides to get me started with the programming, but both have an error where it says there is no agk.h header file. Can anyone help me with this problem (especially with bada). Thank you !

sov the game creator!
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.
In tire 1.
I was able to build the application without any errors on this statement \|/ but I did not have time to check. I have no the device.
http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/54_bada.htm
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2011 20:35
I get all kinds of warnings in Qt when making a MeeGo app. It does create it, but then it wont build the rpm. I messed with it for 2 days and stopped for a bit. I'll get back to it when more people have done it successfully and can share how they managed it.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 15:31
Quote: "but both have an error where it says there is no agk.h header file"

For bada the include path can be set by right clicking on the project, choose "properties", find "C/C++ build->Settings", then in the "Tool Settings" tab there is a "bada C++ Compiler->Directories" setting that needs to point to the folder that contains agk.h

Quote: "I get all kinds of warnings in Qt when making a MeeGo app."

There will be plenty of warnings but there shouldn't be any errors. If I recall correctly Qt creates the rpm in a folder named "rrpmbuild" in the project directory.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 18:19
Paul,

Here are the errors I get when getting to the rpm build part of things.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 19:18
Looks like the problem is being caused by the path "c:rrpmbuild/instroot/AGK_Meego/apps/TheGetawayCar" which should not have the "c:" in front of it. I'm not sure where it picks up this path from, maybe have a look in the .pro file and see if there is any reference to it?
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2011 21:22
Will do. There's been a few little things like that get in the way of a clean build.

Sad things is, even if I get it to go, I don't have a MeeGo device to test it on. I've been reading up on running it in a VM, but haven't gotten that far yet.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 04:09
Hi,

The Cool thing about MeeGo is that the OS is completely free so all you need is a compatible netbook and then create a dual boot system with Windows on one side and MeeGo on the other The MeeGo website has a good list of hardware that is friendly with the OS. I use a Lenovo S10-3t which comes with Windows 7 as standard, and I also have an ExoPC tablet which also comes with Windows. By popping in a MeeGo USB stick created from the MeeGo website, you can convert your device over in minutes (not the half a day it takes to set-up Windows).

If anyone has any strange errors as they go through Bada and MeeGo compilations, let us know so we can solve them for you and also document the solution for other intrepid explorers.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 00:09:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 00:09:01