Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Please send bug reports here

Author
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2011 22:31 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 19:27

http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/list

Please Sticky this post.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 01:12
This is all very well, but a lot of reported issues here don't appear to be getting picked up? Maybe they are, but if the issues list isn't updated, then confidence in reporting may wane?

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 14:50
You need to report issues on the list, not on the forum.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 18:14
I have. "Here" meant the list, not the forum.

bierts
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone help me please? I am getting an error report saying run time error 3. do I need to install Dark Basic Pro for FPS Creator to run correctly? also getting extra debug info: 0.0 whatever that means. thanks in advance if you can help me.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 14:29
Quote: "Can anyone help me please? I am getting an error report saying run time error 3. do I need to install Dark Basic Pro for FPS Creator to run correctly? also getting extra debug info: 0.0 whatever that means. thanks in advance if you can help me."

This is completely the wrong board to post a question regarding FPSC... however no you don't need to have DBPro installed for FPSC to work. Try asking here for help.

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 00:02 Edited at: 1st Feb 2012 13:56
I am just going to wipe this post because I am not sure if I fixed it a few months back or not; please delete.
Mark Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 09:25 Edited at: 17th Jan 2012 09:27
Anyone else experience a problem with the pointer being stuck on if you like to try clean the screen with a cloth or something while your AppGameKit app is running, compiled with Xcode or even running on the AppGameKit player? It happens on both my Ipad and my Ipod, both ios5.

yo
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 16:03 Edited at: 17th Jan 2012 16:04
Does this happen on AppGameKit windows?
Mark Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 02:28
no, it didn't happen or I didn't notice till I upgraded from ios4 to ios5

just use:

to test it in the AppGameKit Player
just rub over the screen for a few seconds with a finger or hand

you may need to restart your ipod or whatever afterwards

yo
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I am on iOS4 can't check sorry
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 08:30 Edited at: 1st Feb 2012 13:57
Icer Iconia a500 android version 3.2.1
Broadcasting from XP
After Using AcerSync program so it is all set up;
this is always having the agkplayer running first

I have managed to get the AppGameKit IDE to broadcast on the a500

Using the demo program "hittingsprite.cbp" the first time you hit the compile/play/broadcast button the network will be detected then it will say receiving app but the program will not run on the a500

pressing stop broadcasting button then after a few second pressing the compile/play/broadcast button again will play the app on the a500; this does not always work; if it does not work you must close both running apps and start over; if there is a listening port error you must restart the agkplayer on the a500

This seems to have something to do with the second app running on the PC

-----

HOWEVER; running the demo program playermovement.cbp 2 times will not cause 2 instances of the playing app to run on the PC (for some weird reason);

also if I have both projects open hittingsprite.cbp and playermovement.cbp the hittingsprite.cbp cannot be run because playermovement runs even if hittingsprite is selected:

SO
I must clear the projects and load hittingsprite.cbp then compile/play/broadcast; wait a few seconds then stop ;only then load playermovement then compile/play/broadcast.

This does not always work either so close both apps on the pc and restart the process;

--------------------

So there is two problems here :
1 the apps don't broadcast properly for the a500?;
2 the AppGameKit IDE will not let me run hittingsprite to run when both hittingsprite and playermovement are loaded into the IDE and hittingsprite is selected

----------

Now I don't know if all this trouble is because I use XP or because I should update the android; however I did sit here and try things over and over to narrow it down; I also tried with the a500 and PC in a DMZ ;also tried port forwarding on UDP5687: I also tried it with my pc firewall off and the a500 in the DMZ

It will almost never work with only one instance of a app running on the pc. (if then almost never)

If it is the first time running the app you may need to do the "double take" 2 or 3 times

(Im also noting that a 3rd instance of a running app will not broadcast on the pc)

----------

Actually there is a 3rd problem because everytime I try to close the running app on the PC it will not close without a forced "end program"; that is everytime

---------------

most times when the player quits I will get a scrunching flashing echo on the bottom half of the desktop area of the tablet which can be cleared easily by going into another application for a second.
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 22:56
Google? Really?
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 14:33 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2012 14:37
ICERGB, I'm not following all the issues you mention above, but I may be able to help you with this one...

Quote: "
2 the AppGameKit IDE will not let me run hittingsprite to run when both hittingsprite and playermovement are loaded into the IDE and hittingsprite is selected
"

If I have understood correctly, you have multiple projects open in the IDE and when you click 'Run/Broadcast' it only runs the first project even though you have the 2nd project highlighted? If so, simply highlighting the project is not enough. If you right click on the project you want to 'Run/Broadcast' you will see an option to 'Activate' the project. Activate it, then click the 'Run/Broadcast' button, this will then run the 'Active' project. Note: The name of the current active project will be in 'Bold'...

Is that what you meant?
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 20:44
Yes I see it and that helps
thanks!
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 14:15 Edited at: 16th Feb 2012 14:51
OPEN TO READ FROM DARKBASIC TO AGK

I have an array of random numbers made and written to a file using the open to write command using darkbasic.

I use readfloat in AppGameKit and everything loads ok.

If I go through any of that array that I loaded inside or outside the closefile commands and try to multiply and divide at the same time the number will change to zero

I'm trying to change the numbers to coordinates for percentages

this doesn't happen with arrays assigned values without the readfloat (opentoread) command

Edit*
If I multiply only on one line then divide only on another line outside of the openfile/closefile command it will work

Edit*
I made the data files with darkbasic
-when loaded into agk I saved those datafiles using writefloat to test later in agk again
they both seem to work the same way
-taken into account that darkbasic may have somehow corrupted the read
-the files are different sizes but both work with the same problem mentioned above

-I haven't tested with a random file made in agk, because I got a headache
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 15:48 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 19:29

@ICERGB, if you have a bug that you can reproduce in code then I would suggest posting it on the link in the first thread. You will be lucky to get any help posting it here.

It might help if @XanthorXIII could make the first post a little more obvious?

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 16:00
google is cold and lifeless;
I found a way around it.
if they want to use the info thats fine
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 16:10
Quote: "google is cold and lifeless;"

...okay...

Quote: "I found a way around it.
if they want to use the info thats fine"

I doubt they will. The cold and lifeless bug board has been rather busy and well maintained. Bugs recorded there have been acted on. If you want to complain about your bugs being ignored then you can only blame yourself for being a little unnecessarily aloof.

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 16:23
I'm not complaining; I didn't.

I worked 3 days trying to figure out why the data didn't convert.

Im just glad I found a work around.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 16:51
I see so when you said "I found a way around it" you meant the bug, not the bug board?

The problem is that if you don't put the bug in the bug board then the bug may never get dealt with until someone else has the same problem.

You don't have to, just asking.

Quote: "I worked 3 days trying to figure out why the data didn't convert.

Im just glad I found a work around."

You could save someone else 3 days work and turn your bad luck into good karma

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 20:03 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 20:04
problem with sprites contacts:

will always get sprites of lower ID.

so, if i have sp1, sp2, sp3 and I am about to detect what sprites sp1 is contacting with, the command will always return sp1.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2012 07:08
Can more people star issue 109# PLEASE!!! Id rather have this then anything!!

Mabey the priority will be raised if more people flag (star it)

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 17:43 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 17:49
The command: GetCurrentDir() is not documented and not working. (although exists in help files.)

the following code worked once but never again.

although it works fine if current dir is set to one of the folder in the media. but never on the media folder.

strange thing is that the code works if you do the following:
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 17:47 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 19:28

basjak, you have to add it to the google bug board linked in the first post. This thread is just to draw attention to that board and will not be checked by TGC when they are looking for bugs to fix.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 17:56
I see thanks baxslash.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 18:34 Edited at: 13th Apr 2012 19:13
New feature request added: http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=260&thanks=260&ts=1333812611

I'd like GetTextWidth to take into account changing the spacing with the SetTextSpacing command. Without it, my text wrapping functions don't work perfectly. (They do work, providing you don't change the default spacings.)

****EDIT**** I think I was just being stupid when I requested this. It appears that it does take the text spacing into account.

"here is a an expression to remember - He who has the gold makes the rules."
Paypal disagreed!
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 18:57
There's a GetTextWidth command?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 23:52
Yes. It returns the width of the text sprite.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2012 19:12
Excuse the double posting, but there's more text related features I'd like to request...

It's been posted to the bug board here but I'd like to request 'GetTextSize', 'GetTextSpacing' and 'GetTextLineSpacing' please. These would make my text wapping functions much more robust and more readily usable!

Please!!!!!!!

"here is a an expression to remember - He who has the gold makes the rules."
Paypal disagreed!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 18:33
How the adding of new features or bug solved happen in new updates of AppGameKit?
I see in the issue list, that some of my suggest or bug notice was accepted, so how can we understand if they will be added in the AppGameKit?
Thx.

iPhone/iPad Games/Apps : Street Karate Fighter - 90s VideoPokers Simulator - Ball VS Brick - CB RadioBox - Artic
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 23:56
Updates to my reports

Issue 298 was resolved in 1073 and can be closed.
Issue 301 was resolved in 1075 and can be closed.

Thanks guys.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I got quite a lot of Google updates from the bug board today.

seems like the TGC guys are hard at work fixing things!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 01:13
Yup, me too.

It's great to see that they actually listen to us.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 13:42
We do, and if we could clone our team a few times we'd be laughing. At present, our team is rather modest (i.e. small) so we split our time in such a way as to get many plates to spin at once. Rest assured when we are not fixing bugs, we are working on 'secret bits of AGK' we can't reveal just yet. The 3D is only one facet, and we think you will be pleased with what we have brewing.

As an update, I can confirm that I owned 21 bugs at the start of the weekend, 11 high priority. As of today, I now have 9 bugs, with only 1 at a high priority. The rest of mine are feature requests which I have sorted into priority as well.

Paul has also been busy refining his list too, and he is almost to single figures. We concluded the weekend with the opinion that we needed an official Community Tester to go through the murkier reports and reproduce them for us, so we can focus just on the fixes (see other thread).

Lead Developer of Dark Basic Pro, FPS Creator and AppGameKit (App Game Kit)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 16:43
I received messages this morning that issues 333 and 321 were 'fixed'.

Both related to dealing with the change in 107 to go with media directories for all Tier 1 platforms.

I simply requested that the appropriate guides be updated to explicitly mention that.

Based on what is currently on the TGC documentation pages, this hasn't happened.

A Media entry under General on the Guides page mentions using a media directory in the appropriate assets/resources directory.

However, the Android guide still says to put the bytecode and media files in the assets directory and the iOS/Mac ones say to put everything directly into Resources.

This is misleading and has already caused people problems, which is why I posted the issues.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I want PSvita and Windows8 secret AppGameKit bits!!!!!!!!!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 19:28

AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 04:45
Would you consider making a minor tweak to the issue description template.

Your current template looks like this:

I would simply propose, that you divide the sections further, like this:

Personally, I feel better division of sections helps readability. (Although, this might break section highlighting for currently reported issues based on the template. It still promotes better issue report structuring -- with individual highlighted sections.)
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Please lock this thread. The original intent was missed completely and people continue to post issues to this and not the bug board. Thanks.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 01:22
I replaced it with a locked Announcement, when my big red and yellow box still didn't get the message across

Thanks for getting this started XanthorXIII, it was needed, let's hope the big yellow star and the bright box work with the new one

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 17:22
XanthorXIII, I agree. Maybe in addition TGC could put a new link that says "Please report bugs here" that links directly to the bug board rather than to a forum post?

Personally I am amazed how many complaints / bug "reports" / enhancement requests we see on the forums that are repeated over and over by the same people who could have written an official report on the google code page which might actually lead to action. I think it's fine to ask the forum whether what you are experiencing is actually a bug rather than a syntax error or misunderstanding but when people post the same feature request on multiple (un-related) threads it gets annoying... you know who you are

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
it's me!

but most of what i post are actual bugs, and some of them have been fixed by Paul!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 12:10:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 12:10:25