Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Build 1065 Released

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 09:50
New version is available to download from your order history.

Changes include:

Updated Android Player to Version Code 3
Final tweak for MeeGo On 106
Fixed MeeGo app broadcasting for the version 1061 compiler
Adding Android to 106 build
Compiled final libs and players (iOS and Mac) for 106 build
Fixed changing friction with existing physics contacts
Fixed iOS code to not play music if iPod music is already playing
Fixed a bug in the android make file
Bada tweak to template (Bada 2 SDK)
Simplified android makefiles
Added icon the android interpreter
Added android libs
Made android text input box appear in portrait
Changed iOS project to support 3.2 as a minimum version
Increased compiler wait time when broadcasting, fixed samsung sound not muting when screen is locked
Tweak compiler for AppGameKit Viewer stability
Corrected XIB files used in AdMob 4.2 work - killed 3.2 compatibility!
Fixed issue with AppGameKit Viewer not running on 3.2 devices
removed scrapper code from ios player (not viewer)
Added VSync command
Fixed issue with AppGameKit Viewer not sending the very latest coordinate back when pressed/touched. Affected virtual buttons.
AGK Viewer further tweaks
Fix for android devices that reject the default render buffer format (producing a black or corrupted screen)
Removed 5 second timeout
Tweaks to improve the free version of AGK
Made busy waiting the default method of controlling sync rate, fixed loading of images with 87 pixels in height on Windows
Changed iOS App Viewer to quit instead of run in the background
Fixed iOS not shutting down sockets properly when closing
Modified physics step code to not clear forces on manual step, only on sync
Fixed bug where iOS may get stuck waiting for a socket to close
Modified interpreter to broadcast to the compiler instead of the other way around, fixed time out bug for broadcasting large tier 1 projects
Updated samsung bada libs, player and template for Bada 2.0.2
New bada 2.0.2 removes need for simulator lib
Changes to reference documentation.
Fixed samsung template for sim and debug
Updated tweaks to ensure source (T2) for meego and bada work
AGK Viewer tweaks to sync well with Windows scraper app
Fixed issues with AppGameKit Viewer freezing Windows app when cancelled.
Improved networking code to warn of firewall block
fixed the XCODE4 template
Scheduled Work for Build 107: Issues board fixes, Tier 2 Guide for Android, New HTTP and ADVERT commands
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 11:00
Awesome! Downloading now. That's a nice list of fixes & additions.

Quote: "Scheduled Work for Build 107: Issues board fixes, Tier 2 Guide for Android, New HTTP and ADVERT commands "

I can't wait for those!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
what are the changes from 1064?

should i take the trouble to uninstall 1064, and install this new one, and update the ios and android template projects i have manually or wait for 107?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG! Thank you TGC, great work!

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 20:56
Why is this file so much smaller the the others ?
Is there something missing?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing missing, they just removed a lot of duplicate project files for the BADA platform.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 00:01
Quote: "Nothing missing, they just removed a lot of duplicate project files for the BADA platform. "

Thanks ! will install tomorrow.
Sinistar99_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Added android libs

Does this mean we can make android distributions?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sinistar, yes you can build your own android apks!
Sinistar99_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome! Looks like a pretty complicated process.

Do you have links somewhere for the ides and right versions of everything we need?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sinistar, follow the android guide in the docs, step by step, and all should work without problems.
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2011 21:58
It's hard to set up, but when you have a compiled player that looks for the bytecode file, it's easy to remake the .apk file, as you makes changes to the Tier1 basic code, takes me less then 2 min, to make a new .APK file now.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
To all dev team!

Inordinately grateful, I checked bada and was amazed that it works just fine at the moment all the bugs that prevented me to work disappeared. =)
Thank you again!

badablog.ru - bada developer
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 16:49 Edited at: 25th Nov 2011 16:50
I really hate that apture thing...

I just wrote a long post...

now as I am time pressured... got stuff to do including red tape stuff...

I want to know more about the HTTP capabilities of AGK... I have been astray for a while and the forumhas already reached 800+

I have downloaded and installed the new 1065 and will look around...

But I want to know if I can access remote files via ftp or urm HTTP?... in tier1 or if the next release is what i should look forward to...

In short I just want to access images .jpg or whatever via FTP / HTTP and load them into my app... I however was also waiting for full android support which is now here so i can now begin learning more about AppGameKit and trying to make something in it.

PS. Disabling apture doesnt make much of a difference for me ... this typing box still plays funny on me...

EDIT

grammar and typos somewhat lol

keitaroguy
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure if you have already but for Android can you upgrade to 2.3.3 please 2.3.1 is a obsolete version now.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the documentation included being kept up to date?

Added VSync command

I cannot seem to find it. Or is it tier 2 only?

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2011 17:33
That would be T2 only. Adding T1 commands is very upsetting so we've kept them at bay until build 107, which is the next build scheduled for release early next year.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 23:55
Quote: "That would be T2 only. Adding T1 commands is very upsetting so we've kept them at bay until build 107, which is the next build scheduled for release early next year."

Will it have the paste sprite command?
Iam waiting for it
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 00:39
We have not pencilled PasteSprite into 107 as there is a suitable fall-back with creating a whole bunch of sprites and arranging them as you see fit (which is all Paste Sprite would do behind the scenes). If there is enough noise over this command though, I might be able to convince Paul it's worth adding to 107, just bear in mind he might have to drop another equally cool command if you want the update in March 2012

As a taster, here are some commands that have already gone into the 107 build as I write this:

SetWritePath = change the location your app files are created by default - very useful for Windows/Mac editors

CreateEditBox + 30 related commands = create text fields around your app and edit them as you would a regular edit box on supported platforms. No more writing your own text edit systems

SendHTTPRequest = anything your browser can send, so can AppGameKit Communicate with any server for unlimited possibilities for your universal AGF app - too cool for words.

GetCurrentDate & GetCurrentTime = computer, what's the day and time please. Very handy commands for numerous applications. We're having an internal team conversation about whether these should simply be called GetDate and GetTime. Anyone think using 'current' is redundant or descriptive? Feedback welcome!

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 10:47
Why no just use Now() - but it depends on the format of the returned date/time stamp I guess...

-- Jim
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
SetWritePath =

CreateEditBox + 30 related commands = Will these text fields look like NATIVE text fields on the relative platform? So for example, on iOS if I put an iOS patterned background, and an AppGameKit textfield, will it look indistinguishable from a native app?

SendHTTPRequest = will this open the default system browser, or will the page show in an AppGameKit screen?
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 14:41
Does SendHTTPRequest include the ability to send POST data?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 23:56 Edited at: 24th Jan 2012 23:56
Quote: "Will these text fields look like NATIVE text fields on the relative platform"

No they will look the same across all platforms, but you can customize them with an image, various colors, border size, etc.

Quote: "SendHTTPRequest = will this open the default system browser, or will the page show in an AppGameKit screen?"

It returns a string of the server's response, i.e. the source of the page requested, there is no HTML parser in AppGameKit to display the page.

Quote: "Does SendHTTPRequest include the ability to send POST data?"

Yes, there is also a command for file downloads.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 03:20
Ahhhh I can not wait... but March?

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Why not use the Native text input box? Every platform has one
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 16:55
Quote: "We have not pencilled PasteSprite into 107 as there is a suitable fall-back with creating a whole bunch of sprites and arranging them as you see fit (which is all Paste Sprite would do behind the scenes). If there is enough noise over this command though, I might be able to convince Paul it's worth adding to 107, just bear in mind he might have to drop another equally cool command if you want the update in March 2012 "

If you have some optimizations on the sprite on screen handeling so do i belive it would work as well
The problem is when having a huge amount of sprites on screen at once that is the current problem.
Cheers.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
So what is the fall-back with creating a whole bunch of sprites and arranging them?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 01:56
Whether you create 1000 sprites and place them on your screen, or call PasteSprite() one thousand times, the engine in the background will still be rendering 1000 sprites before clearing the lot and doing it all over again during the next render cycle. The benefit to using the existing sprite system is you don't have the overhead of running through a loop and calling PasteSprite 1000 times. In build 107 we are improving the way in which you can set the order in which sprites are rendered, which makes the existing sprite system even more useful for arranging large quantities of sprites. There is no persistent surfaces in AppGameKit so there is no performance gain from rendering PasteSprite to the main render surface. We may explore this command:

PasteSpriteToImage ( sprite, image, x, y )

This would essentially take the post-transformed state of the sprite and copy it exactly to the specified image at the coordinates specified. The image could then subsequently be used for anything an image could be used for, including filling the screen with it. This would give you the effect of pasting to the screen with a permanent rubber stamp effect, but there will be a performance hit as the image is locked for editing.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 10:03
You might want to add another version too:
PasteSpriteToImageByOffset ( spriteID, imageID, x, y )

It would tend to be more useful for rotated sprites I think.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
PasteSpriteToImage ( sprite, image, x, y )

So lets say I load a BLANK image and HIDE it. I will then paste 4 different sprites to it using the new PasteSpriteToImage() command.

Will the new image consist of the original blank image plus the 4 pasted sprites, even if I delete the original sprites afterwards?

if YES, this is just what I have been waiting for, and can finally use AppGameKit to actually make an app!!!!
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 13:04 Edited at: 10th Feb 2012 13:04
Quote: "PasteSpriteToImage ( sprite, image, x, y )"

I have a need for this command, though it's probably too late now I need to take a large group of sprites and move them around together. The original performance hit would be fine, as long as once the image is done it will work like any other image (and would be nice and fast).

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2012 21:35
It could be used for a "user controlled" screen buffer ... Add to this few drawing functions at pixel level with DMA and it will be very fun to play with it for incredible visual effects

I know that AppGameKit is firstly intended to be an "easy" language but some Direct functions like these would be great ! (as the network sockets functions and multithreading and i will be in heaven ! and ..... also other capabilities like using phone's camera, microphone etc...)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It's March! Any indication of the release date of 107?!!!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 16:43
From the newsletter it seems, that it will take some more time.

I am interested, if we still will be able to use C++ to code HTML5 apps? I guess we won't be able to?

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Kamac, they will make some sort of converter to convert T2 C++ code into T1 basic, then compile to bytecode. Java will only run bytecode
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 21:48
Quote: "they will make some sort of converter to convert T2 C++ code into T1 basic"

That'd be very stupid though, because BASIC doesn't have many things which C++ does. The only way would be to produce bytecody directly from C++ I suppose.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 22:43
Most systems, like Monkey, produce HTML5 + Javascript without bytecode.

-- Jim
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 22:49 Edited at: 1st Mar 2012 22:49
Quote: "Most systems, like Monkey, produce HTML5 + Javascript without bytecode."

I guess they just interpret an encoded source.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 02:52 Edited at: 5th Mar 2012 02:53
Quote: "SetWritePath = change the location your app files are created by default - very useful for Windows/Mac editors"

Yay! Placement Editor Professional will now completely thrash your AppGameKit Placement Editor!!!

Quote: "CreateEditBox + 30 related commands = create text fields around your app and edit them as you would a regular edit box on supported platforms. No more writing your own text edit systems "

You have got to be kidding! This commands are EXACTLY what I need!! I love you, TGC!

Quote: "SendHTTPRequest = anything your browser can send, so can AppGameKit Communicate with any server for unlimited possibilities for your universal AGF app - too cool for words."

Cool, but make sure you document exactly how that command works.

Quote: "GetCurrentDate & GetCurrentTime = computer, what's the day and time please. Very handy commands for numerous applications. We're having an internal team conversation about whether these should simply be called GetDate and GetTime. Anyone think using 'current' is redundant or descriptive? Feedback welcome!"

GetDate and GetTime. I always find it annoying when commands are unnecessarily long as they often result in the code being wider then the screen, which I always try to avoid. IMO, redundant.

Hurry up with this update, TGC! The next release of PEP is being postponed until I can get those new file reading/writing commands.

Clonkex

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
still 4 weeks to go until the end of March!
Let's see when 107 is coming out!!!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 14:11
Quote: "still 4 weeks to go until the end of March!
Let's see when 107 is coming out!!!"

I thought it will be at the march's beginning Too bad.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Kamac we don't know when it will be out!
I hope that in the worst case, it will be out in the end of March
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 16:17
Quote: "I hope that in the worst case, it will be out in the end of March"

Me too

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 16:22
I hope that the manual Sync() (Update / Render / Swap) functions will be fixed ... !
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 20:40
Paul announced in another thread that they would be fixed.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 22:32
Quote: "Paul announced in another thread that they would be fixed."

By the way, what's wrong with them?

MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 22:45
Paul Said :
Quote: "Looks like the interpreter doesn't register Swap as a frame ending command, so control never gets passed back to the device. I've let Lee know about it."
grantt
Years of Service
User Offline
I updating my existing project from 1028 to 1065 and i havent been able to get it to run the same since. Anyone else had that issue?
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 23:34
@grantt:

Can you tell us exactly what the problem is? We can only fix stuff if we know what the problem is.

Clonkex

grantt
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any support with AppGameKit updates, I've gone from 1028 to 1065 and my app suddenly doesn't work the way it use to. I've downgraded back to 1028 and its all of a sudden working again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:05:42