Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 1065: Tier 1 (BASIC) Publishing for Android 2.3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 05:11
That was painful..... PAINFUL... But I got it to work the first time thru the instructions with a few loop backs.

I used Eclipse Galileo 3.5.

4 things to note in the instructions:

1)Instead of Indigo (3.7) use Galileo when adding the c++ dev tools from the "install new software"

2) "comment in" might ought to read "uncomment" when changing interpreter.cpp

3) I had to make the asset folder in the root of my project viewer, it is not there. I don't know if that is a 3.7 thing

4) note to remove things like SourceCode.agc, so you are not publishing your source code, from the asset folder.
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 05:59 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2011 06:36
I am in the middle of it and I hit a rut. Perhaps you can help.

I am at the part where it says "When you select fix, the red mark should disappear from the project meaning you are ready for the next step"

So I have the red mark still. I check under "problems" and it says "Project 'AGKPlayer' is missing required source folder: 'gen'"

Any clue where I went wrong? Also, if anyone created an EXE that did all these steps for you, you could make almost as much money as TGC for releasing the product.

Edit: I figured it out. You don't actually select the interpreter_android folder, but the one before it. I successfully re-compiled SnakeSnacker and sent to my phone. Woot!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Setting up the dev environment is a big pain.

Making your game work on all the different configurations of android tablets and phones out there will be a bigger pain!
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 19:16
Got my WIP "Turtle Fun" .APK'ed 15min ago *phew*

Argon Knight, your spot on, except 1). I did not have to do that, why did you do that?

The "Comment in" made me sweat, until i actually read the code, and saw I had to UNCOMMENT it...

GIDustin, I just closed and restarted Eclipse at that point, and the red X went away.

I got some new errors in the game, after making an .APK file of it, but fixed it in the bytecode. Seems like the interpreter can't handle 64x64 transparent sprites, with only 1 black pixel in the upper left corner... (don't ask what for) and a soundfile did not play, but played fine on next compile.. hmm..

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Argon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 06:32
I already had a Galileo installed. I use it for NSIS, Ruby, and my Java compiles. The instructions said AppGameKit would work with 3.5, so I skipped downloading the new Indigo and went with what I had. What I didn't realize is my copy did not have the c++ dev tools already. My eclipse 3.3 did. I must have skipped that install, which only shows how little I've compiled in gnu c++ since then.

If somebody is starting fresh, then they will get Indigo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 05:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 05:21:30