Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Testing a game in iOS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am actually developing a simple game (iOS oriented) in order to learn AppGameKit and I would like to test it in my iPad and iPhone but it is not clear to me how to run it in my devices. Can someone advice me about this issue? I will appreciate if you give me detailed instructions because I am new to the subject of mobile devices.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Download the AppGameKit Viewer from the apple appstore and broadcast from AGK. That is the simplest option.
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded the AKG Viewer to my iPhone and run it. Then, I compile and broadcast my game in my development PC but the Viewer says only "Waiting for stream" but never detects anything. I will appreciate any help.

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado
Caps On!
Years of Service
User Offline
My AppGameKit Viewer no longer works either. I have the most recent update. When I broadcast, it states "error flushing data." Any advice?

Truth, Justice, and the Programmer's Way!
Caps On!
Years of Service
User Offline
I received a message" Last Error - tried to flush data on an unconnected socket"

Truth, Justice, and the Programmer's Way!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Search the forums.
There are many tips on the typical problems why the Viewer is not receiving you app. It could be your firewall, network settings, etc...
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not found any clue in the AppGameKit forum. My Windows Firewall is disabled. Does my router's firewall need a special configuration, a special port or application name?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Temporarily switch off all type of software or hardware firewalls, and check if it works.

then start switching on everything little by little until you find out what was causing the problem.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 20:43
Open multitasking (dubbletap the homebutton) and turn off AppGameKit viewer, that will usualy fix the error in on my ipod. Since I have a jailbroken ipod i run the AppGameKit player not viewer though...
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 11:50
Make sure Bluetooth is also switched off on your iPod too.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 12:22
When you get the flush error, I always find it useful to hard reset both the iOS device and the PC. It is related to the network data not getting back and forth 100% and is often caused by a firewall, router block, two LAN networks side by side, e.t.c. Check out the AppGameKit FAQ on the AppGameKit site for more ideas.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
No success yet. My iPod's bluetooth is disabled and I do not have any additional bluetooth device. Also, my PC's firewall and my router's firewall are disabled. I do not get any error message. I run the AppGameKit viewer in my iPod and all it says is "Waiting for stream" but never detects anything.

With respect,
Jorge Maldonado
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 16:48
Are you definitely connecting your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network your development PC is broadcasting on? Stupid question maybe but I found the other night I was automatically connecting to another network I didn't even know about... somehow

CherryPie
Years of Service
User Offline
You're not alone in having challenges getting the iPod Touch AppGameKit viewer to show the broadcast app. Weirdly, I have one Win7 PC that can stream to the iTouch and another that cannot - the AppGameKit viewer doesn't change so it can't be that. The PCs are both Win7 running the same Norton Internet Security but only one of them gets the stream to the iTouch (with NIS turned off for the one that doesn't work)

Sadly, I recall finding a post where I had to do something to make the IDE talk to the viewer, it worked and now I can't recall the action to make it happen.

iTouch Bluetooth on/off doesn't make a difference for me.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
If you can compile the AppGameKit Player in Xcode (for iOS) I would strongly recommend it. With AppGameKit Player, the app transfers directly to the player and runs natively on the device exactly as it'll run once deployed.
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I did not succeed trying to make the AppGameKit Viewer work. I checked what BAXSLASH suggested (making sure everything was in the same network) and it is just fine; same Wi-Fi network, same network segment. Does compiling in XCode require an Apple PC?

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I just installed build 1065 and my issue was solved, the AppGameKit viewer works fine in my iPod although games run slow. Is there a recommendation to make them run a bit faster?

Best regards,
Jorge Maldonado
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 00:19
We will be launching a new service in the next weeks called AppGameKit Player service. Essentially we will offer the service of building an AppGameKit Player for your own iOS devices using one of our Mac machines, but using your own Apple developer account. You'll have to buy a developer account from Apple for $99 and pay one of the friendly grunts at TGC $25 to go through the whole process with you (should take about 20 minutes). The result is that you'll have a near native speed AppGameKit Player running on all your Apple devices and all without jail-breaking the device or breaching any of Apple's rules. It also means when the time comes to self-publish your iOS app, you've already got the $99 Apple account so there's no need to buy it again. The service appeals mainly to Windows users who do not have a Mac, or users who have a Mac and an Apple account but want TGC to take the sting out of compiling the AppGameKit Player from scratch.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:21:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:21:26