Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [STICKY] General Script Information

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 19:04
BlackFox
I have a question about using "dimvar".
When ever I setup my script using "dimvar" I need to place it
at state=0, as in

But I noticed you were able to place your "dimvar" later on in the script as in your "Key's Main script"

Whenever I run a script with "dimvar" after state=0 it seems to crash. I do work around the problem, wondering if there's a solution?
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 19:15
Quote: "I have a question about using "dimvar".
When ever I setup my script using "dimvar" I need to place it
at state=0,... But I noticed you were able to place your "dimvar" later on in the script as in your "Key's Main script"...Whenever I run a script with "dimvar" after state=0 it seems to crash. I do work around the problem, wondering if there's a solution?"

Any script I post does work and I attempt to ensure it works in lower versions, but I also tend to forget that my source (v1.17) has been completely rewritten by ourselves which fixed a large assortment of issues, including the variable system, script running to name a few.

With that said, my example(s) works for me, but if it only works in your method, then stay with what you are using. With the different "versions and betas" that are circulating, it becomes real hard to nail an exact reason, let alone a solution. In the case of the "traversing levels" and the key script, I can in fact have my "dimvar" just as I posted. In my inventory system, I even have "dimvar" calling variables in the middle states. So it may be possible that my version allows me to do so but others may not. It really does not hurt how you are doing it; by defining the variables in the "state=0" line just as you do with huds, it does make it clean and easy to fix/add/replace when needed. Matter of fact, I may incorporate that into my work and keep all my variables at the top with hud defining.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 19:30
BlackFox
Quote: " it does make it clean and easy to fix"

Yes it does Thank you.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:42:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:42:04